Commandline utiliy for Estim 2B unit

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

kinkyboy84

Commandline utiliy for Estim 2B unit

Post by kinkyboy84 »

Hello together,

i've got my new Estim 2B and really like all about it. Especially the ability to control the device with the PC! :-)

But i was missing a good possibility to use the unit with all the great software here. But i'm currently programming a small commandline tool, to control the unit from the DOS command prompt.

I'm interested if anyone here would be interested in such a tool and maybe likes to test or use the tool when it's finished (shouldn't take to long ;-) ).
Riddle

Re: Commandline utiliy for Estim 2B unit

Post by Riddle »

That sounds like it would be helpful. I would enjoy testing it, but do not currently have a 2B.

I will be watching this thread while contemplating the purchase of one.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I have a K8055 that came with VB examples...
Did your come with example software, like Basic or Visual Basic???
Not too many people know what DOS is, something in windows would have more takers...
Altho, I think window programs can command a DOS line program...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
kinkyboy84

Post by kinkyboy84 »

The application is making process! :D I think a functionally version will be ready very soon.

As a continuation of that little command line tool, i'm planning to make a full windows application like the one that are available in this forum. But my application would integrate all the stimming part directly in the app. Means it can execute a external program, play a sound, generate a frequency, send a direct command to a Estim 2B or so something fancy with an arduino board.
Unfortunately i don't have a Erostek 312B. :( If i had, then i would also integrate that one too.
So if anyone would sell a Erostek 312B or knows where to buy one on the european area, i would appreciate that. :-)

@Riddle:
What unit do you have right now? I just can say that i'm very happy with the 2B.

@Dark_Lizerd:
No the Estim 2B didn't come with any example. But i do programming in delphi since many years, so it's quiet easy to get that set up. Because of the reason that not many people know how to deal with DOS appliations, i'm trying to make that as simple as possible, but continue to make a windows application that combines all of that - as mentioned above.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

After I thought about it, command line is good...
There are some teasing programs here, memory match for 1, controls the "toys" by comand line...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

kinkyboy84 wrote:... or so something fancy with an arduino board.
That sounds awesome. Two way communication between the computer and arduino would allow sensors and actuators on the arduino to be available at the computer. An interlock circuit on the Arduino could tell the computer when the session has ended early.
kinkyboy84 wrote:@Riddle:
What unit do you have right now? I just can say that i'm very happy with the 2B.
I got rid of a erostek 302 years ago because it was unsuitable for my self-bondage. Auto-shut-off and restarting at default kept interrupting my sessions. Still debating on a replacement. The main requirements are automated control and no Auto-shut-off. Interfacing with an Arduino would be a bonus. The Series 1 remote and the 2b are the top contenders. The remote one allows wireless control and a hacked remote would permit Arduino control (and computer control through the Arduino). The 2B is more powerful and 2 channel.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
kinkyboy84

Post by kinkyboy84 »

First of all good news. The first version of the commandline utility is finished. It has already the ability to control all settings of the 2B and start the output for a certain time. All output levels and the time can also be random within a given range.
So if someone has a 2B and wants to test it, let me know, i'll PM you.

Yeah with the arduino board i planned interactions in both ways. for example a temperature sensor, light sensor or different sensors to get input. on the other side to use it for some kind of output like teasing or release.

The applications would have different games/challenges (like memory or different games) that can be configured to use with different external devices for teasing and penalty.

For all this ideas the 2B is better i think, because there is no need for rewiring the remote. and with a laptop a 2B is also kind of portable. And i can control all the settings (2 channels, 2 other channels for controlling the feeling and high or low power), so better for computer use.
kinkyboy84

Post by kinkyboy84 »

The first beta version is finished and working great.
So if anyone wants to test and to use it, please send me a PM, and you'll get the beta version. :-)
modnar

Post by modnar »

Hi,

Just noticed this post. I'm really interested to know how far you got with the Arduino Version? And also interested in your current progress.

Thanks.
kinkyboy84

Post by kinkyboy84 »

Hi,

i'm still working at that program. i added a control GUI for Estim 2B and it now supports controlling a Erostek 312B. Commandline will follow for the 312B. Also network remote control is working, so your Estim 2B or Erostek 312B can be controlled by someone else over the internet (encrypted and password protected for sure ;-) ).
Also Arduino support will be added, so that all (Estim2B, Erostek312B, Arduino) will be avaiable through GUI and commandline.

I did a lot of experitments with the Arduino and it already works to control a vibrator with the Arduino (using motor shield) and servos with the PC.

if you wanna try some of the functions we can send PNs for a beta version. ;-)
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Just a quick question regarding more complex uses (purely hypothetical for me right now, but the future will eventually change that). Does the command line program allow one to address a specific device, or does it assume there's just the one? I'm thinking of if one wanted to have 4 computer controlled channels, one could try hooking up 2 2Bs to the computer...if the command line utility allowed you to specify which one you wanted to give commands to. The alternative would be a second laptop to run from, but that cuts down somewhat on the synergy options (in that one might have a complex pattern response to a punishment rather than simply "on for 5 seconds" or the like - only possible if you have them both running on the same computer or if you rig a way for them to communicate when there's a punishment).
kinkyboy84

Post by kinkyboy84 »

Yes, there is a parameter for the command line to specify the serial port (COMxx) that should be used. the tool checks if that specific device type (2B, 312B, Arduino) is present and will set the parameters. it also can turn on the output for several (including random) seconds.

For the GUI it's also possible to start it more than once to control more than one device. I've also planned to extend the application that in one instance more devices can be handled and especially remotely.
modnar

Post by modnar »

Well, my E-stim 2B Arrived today.. Well, I got the Arduino out and managed to get it to communicate to it! Awesome. Was really easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZZmIl_E3pM

The video should flip around at some point ( It's pending edit changes now )

Just a demonstration of the Arduino sending commands to the 2B - It also receives the data from the 2B. I have an Ethernet shield, if I get time over the weekend I'm going to attempt to get it to work with this also for "Remote Control" - Should work perfectly fine along side another Project I have been working on.

Unfortunately I am used to the Sensavox which I got the Arduino to control with some Stepper Motors, so I need to get used to how the 2B feels now lol...