Disable auto-opening?

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Eskchan

Disable auto-opening?

Post by Eskchan »

Hey everyone. I want to use my leash in order to hold me, with a cd-tray opener as release method. But the leash is too thick to allow the cd-tray to close properly. That causes it to open up after a few seconds every time. Is there a way in windows 7 to disable this so it will hold the leash instead of opening up everytime?
bound_jenny

Re: Disable auto-opening?

Post by bound_jenny »

I suspect that Windows has nothing to do with this. It's probably the hardware's reaction to having an object lodged in the tray - preventing the tray from fully retracting. Since your leash is thick, it will trip this feature and open it. The CD drive doesn't know you're trying to hold a leash in - it just presumes there's something indigestible in it and will open up automatically to prevent damage.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Yea, it is the saftey device with the drive...
If you want to use the drive for this, you may be able to do the following:
Use a drimmel and cut open a slot in the drive face so that the leash will fit...
But... if you pull too much on the drive drawer, you may damage the drive mechism
so that the drawer may stick, and then you will be stuck...

Your best bet is to try something else...
Maybe lock your leash to something better, and tape the key in the drive drawer.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

A CD drive really isn't a good idea for anything more complex load-intensive than a key-release. They have built in features to protect the rather fragile intended contents. If a CD is put in at an angle, the tray will try to close, either knock the disk into position and work, or it will bind on the CD and then open. It also has an auto open feature that disengages the servomotors that open and close the tray when you do one of two things - put a paper clip into the emergency eject pinhole button, or physically pull the tray. It's basically assuming, in either case, you need the tray to open, so it cuts out the resistance the servos provide, both to make it easier for you to open it and to protect the servos from being damaged by being forced. (The latter point is also the reason you should never push a motorized tray all the way in - tapping it or pressing the button will close it without damage, but forcing it all the way closed causes excessive wear on the servos (you'll even hear a slightly annoyed sounding electronic whir when you do it))

A better option might be to rig up a relatively cheap electromagnet that deactivates when a digital timer counts down (either by just magnetic force holding the end of the leash in place, or by using the magnet to hold a bolt down on some kind of tie-down point. Not as convenient, certainly, but much more effective.

Or you can rely on old standards like the padlock with analogue (clock, ice, etc) key release.