Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

qwerty212

Selfbondage Memory Game 1.6

Post by qwerty212 »

Hello again from Barcelona. :hi:

New program:
(Click on the banner to download)

This program is a memory game. If you beat the game you'll be free from your selfbondage, if you don't you'll have to pay with time tied.

To get and idea of how to use it in Bondage and Selfbondage sessions please take a look at this video from Captured Taboos:
http://www.captured-taboos.com/docs/The ... teaser.mov

When you download the program you will find inside the zip a folder called Question Pack, the .exe of the program and a very detailed pdf with the instructions manual:

The program works like that:
  • 1) You'll see a slideshow of images at fullscreen
    • ·Images are inside the Question Pack folder, and thery are showed randomly
      ·There is the posibility of do not repeat images from one session to another
      ·Users can add new images
      ·You can setup up to 10 images to be showed (and asked for later)
      ·You can setup how long the images will stay in screen letting you memorize them
  • 2) A cards memory game will start
    • ·You'll have to turn 30 pairs of cards.
      ·You can setup teasing on errors
      ·Possible to run a countdown: if you do not turn cards at time you'll be teased
      ·Possible to setup a safe number of atemps before being teased.
      ·On fails time will be added to the final countdown.
      ·Random Teasing mode avaible
      ·Cards are displayed randomly.
      ·Possible to have a Panic Button on screen, press it and you'll be free.

(Cards game with almost all the cards turned)
  • 3) You'll be asked about the images you saw at the beggining of the session
    • ·You'll have to answer a question about every image that you saw at the beggining.
      ·If you answer correctly all the questions you'll be free
      ·Questions are stored in a folder inside the Question Pack
      ·It has been created a little program to allow users build their how question fast and easely
      ·During the questions you'll get on screen a second image hidding the elements that you are asked about.
      When you answer you'll get a third image showing the correct answer.
      ·If you fail answering you'll be tied the amount of time that you bet plus the time added during the cards game

(Real image from the program)
In this release there have been inclluded 300 images and questions.

In the PDF you'll find a very detailed guide of how you can create your own questions, and when released to the main fourm I want to create a thread where people can upload their own questions packs.

There is a thread where people can ask anything related to the question creation.
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =28&t=5680

If the program has a good receviment I will include the possibility of resize the cards to fit as more screen as possible in all the resolutions.

Greets from Barcelona.

PS: I would like to thanks to all testers their help: Dark_Lizerd, Cooper1337, Jason88888, Iluvplanes1 and The Slinky.

EDIT: According to new forum rules (and according to common sense) the links only point to the update version. There are no images or question Pack included in the package.
Last edited by qwerty212 on 04 May 2012, 16:58, edited 10 times in total.
Dark_Lizerd

Re: Selfbondage Memory Game 1.2

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

So....
What have you changed from the previous versions???
Added pictures???
Some software updates???
Added program options???
Slide show while you wait???

I ask because someone will at some time...
You have a fun program, and one that is easy to use...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:So....
What have you changed from the previous versions???
Added pictures???
Some software updates???
Added program options???
Slide show while you wait???

I ask because someone will at some time...
You have a fun program, and one that is easy to use...
From the first version changes are:
·Transition effect disabled because it didn't worked under WinXP and Vista
·First release got 106 questions and this one has 300
·In the last countdown you'll be teased randomly even if you have the random setting of for the cards part
·Changed the way the GUI is drawed, now it works fine under 96DPI and 120DPI configurations
·Changed the font size of the questions and the possible answers to make they look bigger on screen (and not so big under 120DPI configurations)
·Changed the way the programs checks your desired release method to make sure it always opens the CD Tray
·Security bug fixed: if you setup a teasing method and you delete it before starting the session, the program hanged before the final countdown, now if the teasing method or the release method didn't exist the program simply doesn't try to open they.
And now I can work in some of the new features, like the different teasing method during the last countdown, the possibility of setup how many matches must be done to complete the cards part, etc, etc...

Now main forum users can download the program, take a look and uderstand how the questions work, so is easier that everyone can create new questions (if not hte program will expire soon).

It taked me a huge amount of time to create 300 questions, time that I want to dedicate to new programs.

Greets from Barcelona
brootalme

Post by brootalme »

Thanks so much for all the hard work!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Yea, thanks...
So... it is a compiled fixes for all the problms you got feedback on...
That's what I wanted to know...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

First of all, thank you, qwerty :hi: , for yet another peice of great software!

Works perfectly on my Win7 machine.

Anyways I have two suggestions of wich I don't know whether they can be included easily or not.

1.)

The "punishment time" added for failed guesses while playing the game is not made use of in case the player beats the game.

Is it possible to add a checkbox in the opening dialog with which the player can choose to either:

- be released instantly when answering the questions correctly or
- be relesaed after having waited the additional time only when answering the questions correctly
- be released after the bet time plus the additional time when failing to answer correctly ?

2.)

Is it possible to add a possibility for the player to decide of how many pairs the memory game itself will consist?

Once more, thanks for your great work.

Regards,
Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

brootalme wrote:Thanks so much for all the hard work!
Cheers! Glad that you've find it interesting.

Dark_Lizerd wrote:Yea, thanks...
So... it is a compiled fixes for all the problms you got feedback on...
That's what I wanted to know...
Yes, the list with the changes was for those that do not understand why the first public release is a 1.2 instead of 1.0.

Once again I want to thank to you and to the other users that have tested the program before releasing it to the main forum users.

Blacky wrote:First of all, thank you, qwerty :hi: , for yet another peice of great software!

Works perfectly on my Win7 machine.
No,thanks to you for giving it a try.
Blacky wrote:Anyways I have two suggestions of wich I don't know whether they can be included easily or not.
Let's going to see them...
Blacky wrote:1.)

The "punishment time" added for failed guesses while playing the game is not made use of in case the player beats the game.
In fact , if you beat the game you will be free at the moment.
Blacky wrote: Is it possible to add a checkbox in the opening dialog with which the player can choose to either:

- be released instantly when answering the questions correctly or
- be relesaed after having waited the additional time only when answering the questions correctly
- be released after the bet time plus the additional time when failing to answer correctly ?
It can be done without a lot of work.
Blacky wrote: 2.)

Is it possible to add a possibility for the player to decide of how many pairs the memory game itself will consist?
The main problem with this request is that Dark_Lizerd asked for the same and I do not usually include features requested by Liz :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not, seriously, it was going to be included in the main release as a secret setting (just adding a section into the ini file, something like: RequiredMatches=20), but it will be definitely inclluded in the first update of the program. And, for the records, Dark_Lizerd was the frst that asked for it (he is a great tester, unfortunately I can't say the same about me).

Blacky wrote: Once more, thanks for your great work.

Regards,
Blacky
Thanks a lot for your post. This program is the one that have taken me more time to code it.

Greets from Barcelona.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

And, for the records, Dark_Lizerd was the frst that asked for it (he is a great tester, unfortunately I can't say the same about me).
Thanks...
One thing I have found out.... The programmer of a program makes the worst tester...
After all, you know how it should work, and you will overlook what don't work.
Ones that don't know how it should run will "break" it by doing something wrong...

PS: it works on Vista 32...
mechwilliam

Post by mechwilliam »

wow qwerty!,

I'm speechless! :shock:
this is super epic!

Thanks a lot for your work and your dedication, I will certainly put this software into use, (And I'm enjoying CD-Tray Opener Simple Version 1.7 and your motion detector :D )
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:...

PS: it works on Vista 32...
Thanks for the Vistax86 report.
jaemsbondage007 wrote:wow qwerty!,

I'm speechless! :shock:
this is super epic!

Thanks a lot for your work and your dedication, I will certainly put this software into use, (And I'm enjoying CD-Tray Opener Simple Version 1.7 and your motion detector :D )
Cheers man

Better programs are yet to come :wink:

Greets from Barcelona
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

Not sure what happened, but my non-bondage test run of the program did not end well at all. I set a 5 minute timer, then tried the questions. It showed me 2 pictures, then took me to the memory cards game. After that, it asked me a question about the first picture (which I got wrong). After that, the program locked me out of my computer with a 2:45:00 timer! :shock: The overlay method you were using to force the timer on screen effectively prevented me from being able to open the task manager to close the program. It also did not respond to ALT+F4, CTRL+ESC, etc.

In the end, I had to pull the plug from my computer to get around your program. Then, when I started my computer up again, I found out that part of my hard drive (RAID array, actually) was corrupted as a result. :evil: That was another few hours of repair work, which I was fortunately able to set while I slept.

Bottom line: I will not be using this program, and I caution other users against it as well. I have no idea how 5 minutes turned into almost 3 hours, but that was DEFINITELY not on my agenda. The scariest part is there doesn't seem to be a setting to prevent the timer from going above a certain limit - the setting seems to only apply to the initial time limit, not the modified time limit. If you're not good at the questions/memory game, you could potentially be stuck for HOURS if this is your primary release method. All of these concerns, combined with the unintended computer trouble that resulted from this program's aggressive self-preservation means this really shouldn't be used by anyone in a real bondage situation unless someone else is involved as a secondary release method.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

For each miss on the match game, it will add time...
When you get any questions wrong, it (the program) will start the count down timer and take control of your computer...
There is no way to escape it....
What you should have done is just wait it outUnfortunatelynaly, there is no way to escape the count down timer...
And I agree, it would be nice if there is a "trial run" option, that way,you can try the match game, but still escape when done. even if you fail the questions...

It is set up so that if you fail the questions, you are stuck for the time displayed...

Personaly.... I'm pushing for a slide show while you wait...
And it should have a "Escape" option, even during the countdown.... but just for those that are doing a trial run...
(My first test run resulted in me being locked out of my PC for about an hour... So I watched TV and waited...)
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

davisev5225 wrote:Not sure what happened, but my non-bondage test run of the program did not end well at all. I set a 5 minute timer, then tried the questions. It showed me 2 pictures, then took me to the memory cards game. After that, it asked me a question about the first picture (which I got wrong). After that, the program locked me out of my computer with a 2:45:00 timer! :shock: The overlay method you were using to force the timer on screen effectively prevented me from being able to open the task manager to close the program. It also did not respond to ALT+F4, CTRL+ESC, etc.

In the end, I had to pull the plug from my computer to get around your program. Then, when I started my computer up again, I found out that part of my hard drive (RAID array, actually) was corrupted as a result. :evil: That was another few hours of repair work, which I was fortunately able to set while I slept.
Too bad to hear that. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience :(

The nearly three hours were a result adding time due to fails in the cards game?
Or the amount of time to wait was 5 minutes plus some minutes from the cards fails and when the countdown started it became 2h45min??

If the 2h45m were the result of adding so much time on every fail then we are facing a desing problem (do not have the possibility of choosing a max duration of the session).

If the 2h45min were a bad timer conversion (5 minutes from setup plus some minutes and the program calculated next to 3 hours tied) then this is a huge problem.
Do you mind if I PM to you to test some snipplets of code to test? (I'll understand that you won't)
davisev5225 wrote:Bottom line: I will not be using this program, and I caution other users against it as well. I have no idea how 5 minutes turned into almost 3 hours, but that was DEFINITELY not on my agenda. The scariest part is there doesn't seem to be a setting to prevent the timer from going above a certain limit - the setting seems to only apply to the initial time limit, not the modified time limit. If you're not good at the questions/memory game, you could potentially be stuck for HOURS if this is your primary release method. All of these concerns, combined with the unintended computer trouble that resulted from this program's aggressive self-preservation means this really shouldn't be used by anyone in a real bondage situation unless someone else is involved as a secondary release method.
None of my programs should be used without , at least, one alternative release method.
In future versions I will include a second .exe that will run the release method after a desired amount of time, no matter how the session is going on.
Dark_Lizerd wrote:For each miss on the match game, it will add time...
When you get any questions wrong, it (the program) will start the count down timer and take control of your computer...
There is no way to escape it....
What you should have done is just wait it outUnfortunatelynaly, there is no way to escape the count down timer...
There is a way of getting out of the countdown timer under Windows 7.

Greets from Barcelona
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I think, if the program did not goto full screen for the final count-down, and was just a small screen that showed the count-down, then this would get a better response.
For a computer addict, (like me...) being locked to a chair, waiting 2 hours is one thing, but to be locked out of the computer with nothing to do for 2 hours could be classified as "cruel and unusuall" punishment.... (OK, so that may be what we are looking for... but any ways...)

Could the final count-down counter be just a windowed screen???
The timmer will still run, but the computer will not be tied up like the user...
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

And having full computer acces you will not execute manually the release method?

Edit: that's weird, the forum says that davisev has posted but I can't see his last post. . .
Last edited by qwerty212 on 12 Mar 2012, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.