experience with VirMst?

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

BoundUpAndSilent

experience with VirMst?

Post by BoundUpAndSilent »

I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with this program?
I'd like to invest a bit of free time into something like this, as it sounds quite interesting.
(I can always just try it out and see for myself of course, but I haven't posted in a while and I always love
to hear people's experiences concerning this exciting field :) )

Feel free to chime in about any program that acts as a virtual dominant.

Thanks very much :)
cooper1337

Re: experience with VirMst?

Post by cooper1337 »

Hi,
I'm in the VirMst-Group for about a year now, and I think it's a great program.
If you are experienced in programming, you might miss some of the convenient things you have in normal programming languages. But it has a lot of features, I haven't tried all of them ;)
If you start learning it, there will always be people on the list who will help you.
The great thing about it is, that you can both code the script on your own and have someone else do it for you with automatic reports to the master.
I quite love the program. ;)
Do you have any specific questions?
doti

Post by doti »

Cooper1337, can you confirm that the main page is http://www.virmst.eu ? The last update looks to be from 2009
Follow the string
cooper1337

Post by cooper1337 »

Hi,
yes, this is the official site, and yes again, it's a bit out of date. I currently have Version 3.2 B4 (July 2011). The B4 is indicating the fourth beta version. This is also why this version is not available on the homepage. It is still in beta state because there are a few minor bugs concerning the deadlines for assignments.
The current version can do much more than mentioned in the features, e.g. it can take pictures from a webcam and send them via email.
If you want to get the latest version, you can download it on the yahoo-group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VirMst/
On the group, there are also some scripts written by users, especially UVM, which is a really big script one can customize on startup without coding.
endurer

Post by endurer »

I am usinf VirMst for years, or better, it uses me after all.

Basically i get punished for each and every fault of mine...
and threre are lots of them. i have written a script for myself...
bowhug

Post by bowhug »

I have also been fiddling with this program for a while. The yahoo groups was very quiet for a while but has recently become very active again with a number of new files posted.

I am slowly getting my head around how to write the files correctly and am having quite a bit of fun.

The latest version is Virmst3.3 and you can download form the website of the yahoo group.
andresd

Post by andresd »

I have been looking at, scripting for and using this program for long and short periods of time, since it was 2.x version.
I think it's really one of the best example of Virtual Master program for a long periods of time, for selfscripting or LDR.
I'm really glad Sven is still trying to fix bugs and add some new features into this program.
Example scripts by Sven and other participants of Yahoo group show how it can be used in different cases.
Unfortunately VM has no version for mobile devices and this is the next milestone to pass. Hope it will happen.