Teasing to the edge, but denying orgasm

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

atiedslut

Re: Teasing to the edge, but denying orgasm

Post by atiedslut »

Wow, this thread is something I have been looking for for many years without success. I also tried using heart rate but it doesn't work.

I was going to use a pediatric pressure cuff with a pressure sensor to detect increase in the penis diameter so it seems that this approach might be worth following, at least as a one off device.

The original infra-red sensor idea might be a lot simpler though. Does anyone have a circuit/component info pls ?
Stephanie
PiJoy

Post by PiJoy »

atiedslut wrote:Wow, this thread is something I have been looking for for many years without success. I also tried using heart rate but it doesn't work.

I was going to use a pediatric pressure cuff with a pressure sensor to detect increase in the penis diameter so it seems that this approach might be worth following, at least as a one off device.

The original infra-red sensor idea might be a lot simpler though. Does anyone have a circuit/component info pls ?
Greetings all,

Unfortunately, heart rate isn't that good a predictor. That is, while it can help sense the difference between not-in-the-mood-at-all and some degree of arousal, it doesn't give much info to determine the difference between "this is starting to feel good" and "going to orgasm in 5 seconds or less unless the stimulation stops or changes to pain." The latter is what I'm personally trying to develop.

I'm in the early stages of testing out a penile plethysmograph based on conductive rubber. (IMHO, my version is both much cheaper than medical-grade instruments (AKA Barlow gauges or Indium/Gallium gauges) and the signal characteristics (e.g. impedance) are much better suited to reliably detecting small changes. When I get a good data set, I may post a plot of it here.

Regarding the infrared optical plethy approach of the O.P. I believe he felt taken advantage of -- everybody demanding answers or help, when he was doing all the hard work. I think that's why he took down the schematic he posted. I have to respect his wishes on that, and not re-post his circuit. However, I do think it should be OK if I post some general information -- info from which a motivated, reasonably sharp reader (especially one of the right background/skill set) should have a decent chance of developing their own version, if they work at it, as the O.P. clearly did.

To detect blood volume, irrespective of oxygenation, it's best to make measurements at a wavelength where the absorbtion of Hemoglobin (Hb) and fully-oxygenated Hemoglobin (HBo2) are equal and neither changes sharply with changing wavelength. Here is an absorbtion spectrum of Hb and HbO2 vs wavelength: http://omlc.ogi.edu/spectra/hemoglobin/
From this, we can see that a good wavelength to work at is right around 800 nm. Checking at one popular US online electronic vendor, I see two good candidates for the emitter: http://search.digikey.com/us/en/product ... ND/1681350 and http://search.digikey.com/us/en/product ... ND/1681349 both through-hole parts (easiest for a hobbiest to use), in the right general wavelength (830 nm) and not very expensive, even quantity one ($1.24 US when I checked.) To go with either of these, one needs a photodetector of some sort. A phototransistor, especially one that responds to wavelengths near those emitters would be preferred. Here's one such, although its frequency response is wider than I'd like: http://search.digikey.com/us/en/product ... ND/1227857
Actually, I think this phototransistor, http://search.digikey.com/us/en/product ... -ND/638562 would be even better, since it's sensitive only in the IR (looks like it's encapsulated in a plastic that only permits IR to pass through. OK, there I've given you both the basic criteria for the emitter and detector, I've even given more than one link for IMHO suitable emitters and IMHO suitable detectors. Through those links, you can get the full datasheet for each part. I'm sure that other vendors, in the US as well as outside of it, have plenty more.

You'll still need to appropriately power the IR LED (and not burn it out.) Similarly, you'll need the right connection and resistor to get a decent analog signal out of the phototransistor, for subsequent amplification and filtering. None of this is impossible, if one digs into the databooks, and has some basic background in electronics and embedded systems. For those of you who don't have that background, please consider this topic as a motivation to learn something new.

Apologies if this seems a bit supercilious, but I'm on here to cooperate with other people who can and will contribute, and not just respond to (sometimes rather peremptory) demands that I and a few others posting here hand over all our hard work on a silver platter, wrapped in a bow. I'm not stopping anybody else from doing so -- be my guest! To the contrary, I assert that I've given significant and relevant information to the group. However, I feel no obligation to share everything I've done, or develop custom designs for free, just because somebody demands it.
atiedslut

Post by atiedslut »

Thank you for the links and info. I was hoping to benefit from the experience of others since I'm not very knowledgeable in circuit design. However, Understand your point and will attempt to muddle through :-(
Stephanie
PiJoy

Post by PiJoy »

atiedslut wrote:Thank you for the links and info. I was hoping to benefit from the experience of others since I'm not very knowledgeable in circuit design. However, Understand your point and will attempt to muddle through :-(
@atiedslut and others following this thread,

I must have been in a particularly sour mood when I wrote my previous post on this subject. I still respect the position of the fellow who took down his circuit design, because he felt somewhat taken advantage of. However, I'm willing to leave some breadcrumbs for those sufficiently interested (and motivated!) to follow, although I don't feel any obligation to give away designs that I might eventually take in a commercial direction. Electrical Engineering instructors or professors are well paid to teach; so please have the common sense to ask politely when you ask somebody to share knowledge that wasn't quick or easy to acquire.

OK, I have some good news and some bad news for you and others in similar situations:

Bad news first:
Electronics is a complex subject, and has many subtleties. I just don't think one can learn it all via one of those _Learn {fill in subject here} in 30 days_ type books -- not even close! I've studied various aspects of electrical engineering for years, in university, R&D labs and developing commercial products -- and there are still aspects of electronics that I feel like a newbie about. For instance, both high-frequency {many GigaHertz} and high power {many kilowatts} are aspects of electronics where I'd do a lot of reading and a lot of asking experts before venturing into those sorts of projects.

Software is a similarly deep subject. Another piece of bad news for starting-out hobbiests is that most modern parts come in surface mount packages. Those are *not* designed to be easy for hand assembly; they're designed for low-cost/mass production. However, there are still (mostly older but still servicable) through-hole parts available, as well as little adaptor boards that make it possible to connect a key surface-mount component to a more hobbiest-friendly breadboard or one-off printed-circuit board.

The good news is that there are some very easy-to-learn tools out there that make it relatively easy to learn the most relevant aspects of programming a teasing machine or similar. Google Arduino -- a low cost, open source hardware design of a microcontroller (+ programming system.) There are both Arduino clones and alternative micro-controllers, and many can be had for under $50 US, maybe less, if you shop carefully and are willing to learn to solder. Another good search phrase would be "Physical Computing" -- even though I think that's a rather pretentious term. For that matter, Mechatronics is a decent term to cover much of what we're trying to do here.

There are many more online software tools for electronics, instructions, schematics, and even Youtube videos to teach you how to solder than there were when I started climbing this learning curve. Datasheets for parts are virtually all online for free, so there's no longer any need to beg/borrow/steal databooks. You also don't need to learn all of electronics, just the relevant subset + enough safety/common sense not to injure yourself or others. I think the electrical hardware most relevant to a teasing machine would fall into three basic categories:

* sensors and signal conditioning (how to get a good, clean electronic measurement out of a sensor)
* Interfacing or I/O to the computer or micro-controller of your choice
* how to build the drive circuits needed to power your chosen toys.

Note that there are many companies that will happily sell you pre-assembled modules to do all of the above (at least for common sensors and actuators), so you don't have to work at the component level, unless you want to or are trying to develop something new. (They generally cost more, but that's not even always the case.)

If you get yourself some basics: a regulated DC power supply (5 volts or more), a protoboard, some 22 gauge {solid core} wire, a digital Volt/ohm/milliAmmeter (DVM), a basic soldering iron + roll of solder, and some carefully chosen components, you can learn quite a lot. If your budget permits, I'd suggest at least one Arduino (or clone.) The reason for suggesting more than one is that there are Arduino programs out there that can work with your PC and give you rudimentary oscilloscope capabilities (capture either a fast and/or repetitive electronic event, and display it as a graph of voltage vs. time.) In the US, there are a number of companies that sell complete "starter kits." I seem to recall that adafruit had one, and possibly sparkfun.

You might start scrounging up wall-warts (those bulky things you plug into the wall to charge your {long list of personal electronics here} and any other electronic gear that neighbors are throwing out.) Read any specs you see on your finds and look up the words so you get an idea of which does what and/or is your best candidate to make into your power supply. Even if all you can find is an unregulated AC supply, there are lots of schematics find-able online to build your own regulated DC power supply from an AC wall wart; doing so would be an excellent first project, and useful for progressing. I suggest not working with voltages greater than 12 volts (DC or AC) until you've built some working circuits and learned how not to fry components or yourself. There are literally too many online electronics companies to list them all. I find Sparkfun and Adafruit to be quite good for hobbyists. Digikey and mouser are good for small quantity orders, and that doesn't even touch the many, many online surplus sellers. http://www.goldmine-elec.com/ is just one of many.

You can learn to do this stuff if you want to. But IMHO, you'll really have to want to do so strongly enough that you stick with it until you can find the answers to most of your questions by thinking and searching for yourself.

I hope this message takes some of the sourness out of the tone of my previous one.
atiedslut

Post by atiedslut »

We all have bad days :D , I had not thought of the commercial aspects so what you say makes more sense now.

I have a reasonable knowledge of software and have an Arduino Uno I am just starting to work with. I had not thought about using it as a scope though which would be great as thats something I don't have at the moment.

I'd not found Adafruit so thank you for that, I can see thats going to be a very helpful resource :-)

Time to order some parts and get started. I'll post any progress ( probably slowly ...LOL)....Thanks for the pointers.
Stephanie
PiJoy

Post by PiJoy »

@all,

I hope my most recent post steers this forum topic in a more constructive direction. I admit that I have conflicting motivations about what and how much detail to post.

@atiedslut,

I can't spend long hours on it, but if you have questions about sources, categories of parts, specific parts and/or priorities, feel free to send me a PM.
atiedslut

Post by atiedslut »

@piJoy

Thank you, I'll try not to bug you too much :-)
Stephanie
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

Hello to everyone!

I did some experimenting with another usb hardware that can drive more powerful motors (motorbee - www.pc-control.co.uk)
that can very easily be setup an programmed using Visual Basic.
Moreover I created a small piece of software, which can open a randomly picked video clip out of a specific folder in the
Windows Media Player, go fullscreen and then start and randomize vibrations. (For one up to four vibration motors)

But after using those things for a while, it turns out to be not that satisfactory, because of the randomized vibrations.
In my opinion, it would be great if a further layer / track could be added to a video clip, in which for each time-step information about the voltage / speed for the vibration motors could be saved. Then, if the clip is played, those data could be used to
control the vibration devices.

The main asset would be, that someday in the future a clip producers could determine the vibration and the person viewing the
clip would be completely depending on that setting.

I would like to develop something like that and I would appreciate it very much if there would be anyone else out there who would like to join!
GoodVibrations

Post by GoodVibrations »

---
Last edited by GoodVibrations on 15 Jun 2013, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

Hello GoodVibrations,

thank you very much for your thoughts and suggestions!
I agree with you on the most issues and I most recently got myself a arduino uno board.
One of the major differences between the arduino and the motor bee board seems to be the following:
If you want to run a program on the arduino board, you have to transfer it at first on the board and then
you start the execution. The motor bee on the other hand can be controlled via the usb port
by direct command handover. (Please correct me if I am wrong!)

I do not want to convince anyone to use the motor bee instead of the arduino, but in my opinion this
is an asset, because it simplyfies the synchronization.

Concerning the additional layer on video files I already got some ideas:
- Maybe "soft subtitles" could be used, which (like on dvds) cosist of a seperate file that is attached to the movie
- Another solution would be to create new kind of file, which is containing information about time (for example 10 steps per second) and the associated information about voltage/power (on a scale between 0 and 1 or something like that)

At the moment, I am a little afraid that it might become tricky to synchronize both the play of the video and the vibrations (especially with large file sizes) or that some hardware restrictions will limit the development.

I also agree with you, that clip producers wont add such informations to a video file as long as it is any complicated!
But i think is is an interesting idea and it might be worth developing a solution that makes it easy!

Now I will take a look at your script for the Arduino board!
Thank you for your kindness! I am looking forward to any reply!
GoodVibrations

Post by GoodVibrations »

---
keane

Post by keane »

So, what happened with this sensor? I would be interested in a sensor and how to add code to my teasing program to enable the sensor.
dwt72

Post by dwt72 »

Hello,

I'm now viewing this thread very often, and i'm wondering if you finally got the solution to detect a coming orgasm.

Some years ago I started combining my selfbondage with electro stimulation. First i used a simple myStim controller with a Timer.
The first Experiences were cool, but it was not my final idea.
Currently i have built an electromagnetic locking mechanism with door magnets. They have about 800N Power. Once Caught there is no escape until the operating Power ist cut due to a Computer Program or the second safety timer.
A Computer Program fixes the Time and controls the release, aswell as it controls my new 2B Stim device over USB. It runs several different orgasm programs, Tickeling and teasing Programs and Raping Programs. Currently i need to manually inform the programs when i cum. Now I'm looking for a device that detects my orgasms and reports them to my program, and hopefully it detects somehow the rate of my arousing (hopefully the correct word :)
if i could tell this rate to my program, i also would be able to let the program tease me to the edge and deny an orgasm.

I would be pleased if there are additional information / results available.
Maybe (if you're not finished, i would like to test and integrate the technic into my "maschine".

kind regards,
angeltwo

Post by angeltwo »

Is anyone still playing with these ideas?

I've been thinking about a teasing device that would hold you near the threshold of orgasm using, e.g. a software controlled vibrator.

I've just skimmed the paper "The Male Orgasm: Pelvic Contractions Measured by Anal Probe" where they used an anal probe to measure muscle contractions in orgasm and it seems pretty clear there is a recognizable pattern that software could be trained on. It's a little sad this paper was published in 1980 and there doesn't appear to have been much further work in this area since then.

To explore this I am looking at the Neen AnuForm as potentially an ideal anal probe (it also appears it can stimulate but I am less certain about using that), coupled with an EMG board, and an Arduino to get the data into the computer and to drive the vibrator(s).

The software end of things I'm reasonably confident about from other Arduino projects. I'm not an expert at machine learning but there are plenty of resources and libraries out there these days.

If I have one concern about this approach it is that the detectable contractions might occur too late. From the paper:
The start of orgasm for some men coincides with the initial contractions; for others the perceived onset consistently precedes or follows the first regular contractions by several seconds.
It may be that the onset is only reliably detectable past the point of no return and turning off the vibrators at this point wouldn't stop the orgasm.

I'm also interested in the OP's approach of measuring blood flow and in the possibility of other techniques: skin conductivity maybe, or using some kind of IR sensor to measure heat patterns. Possibly using some combination of sensors.

It's been a few years, anyone advanced the state of the art?
Imaginary_Girl

Post by Imaginary_Girl »

At least for me I'll tell you how I do this. Unfortunately it's nothing special.

Experimentation is how. As I've said in other threads I have a program I wrote that controls a device I made which has a relay. Usually I use it to control my magic wand. I really love to be teased, so it was only natural that I put it to that purpose. Lots of experimentation and a few ruined orgasms led me to discover that 4 seconds on and 15 seconds off cycles(with a different vibrator I have it's 5 on 15 off) keeps me right on the edge without going over every single time. A couple of times when I've been really hot to start I've gotten so close that I was sure I would get off, but so far I have not(and I've played like this LOTS).

Inevitably this leads me to begging the heartless computer in control of my sexuality for release, which of course I know it cannot deviate from what it's been programmed to do. But then I thought "What if it could?" which led me adding to that program the ability for it to have a 1 in X chance of staying on permanently any time it came on. So when I set it that way, it does as before: 4 on, 15 off with a 1 in 30 chance of staying on each time it comes on. This usually leads to it teasing me for around 20-30 minutes(it's gone over an hour though) before finally letting me have it. I swear the wave of excitement/relief that washes over me when my brain goes "Wait that's more than 4 seconds! That means it's on to stay now!" is not something I've felt any other way lol. It's like the ultimate "Yes!" feeling.