Codetrix: Surrender and Collaborate :)

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

windlepoons

Re: Codetrix: Surrender and Collaborate :)

Post by windlepoons »

I have requested to join the developer usergroup to help with this if I can, as it looks very interesting.
BoundSoul

Post by BoundSoul »

Heey Lokit,

I just downloaded and tested the software.

And All I could say! Is WOOAAAWWIEEE...

this is really really good. I really love the fact you can just build something intuitive with this.

I havent completly tested out everything. But so far. This is really good!

Just give me a couple of days to fiddle with it :D, and then i can give you a proper review...

So far, it is a really neat job! Thanks for you're efforts!

If I can be of any service, please let me know!

Kind Regards

Bound Soul
BoundSoul

Post by BoundSoul »

Hi there Again!

So here is a little status update from my side. Having fiddled with it for a bit. And loaded the haunted house example from you!

I really see this as a piece of software which in the future will be a splendid replacement of the CM program, I think it could out grow it.

Though, I'd like to give some contructive feedback! My apologies if you have already implemented some of these functions I'm about to say, but I haven't found m or tried m yet.

It seems like you have implemended a whole lot of commands already! That is really cool! I really like the fact you already made it sort of text to speech ready. Allowing the user to continue the script when a sound has finished playing. Like for a example, the spoken introduction of a mistiss, welcoming you as her new addition. I like that!

I also love the simplicity of the editor. Very straight forward, and easy to understand! Shame there isnt yet an UNDO function. But I guess this will be implemented later on...!

Further more...

I love the fact you can create you're own sort of user interface! That is really wicked. In CM this was not an option, and is for me the reason for starting something new... Although CM did have some nice feautures... I sortof see a mind melt between CM, and Codetrixx. Whereas Codetrixx could definatly outgrow CM...

I did like the basic structure of CM. Having different routines. All linking to each other.

So for example You have the Intro giving you the option to go to the Upper floor, or downstairs. When you go to the upper floor. The upper floor routine will be triggered. When going to the lower floor. The lower floor Routine will be triggered.

So for this example you have 3 routine files:
1. Intro.Routine
2. Upperfloor.Routine
3. Lowerfloor.Routine

This way you have nice sepperate files. And you can design a nice folder structure for the entire game...

Like House.Routine, Could like to:
Upperfloor.Routine
Lowerfloor.Routine
Kitchen.Routine
Dungeon.Routine

This way you can easily edit certain areas of the game... Share specific content...

ALSO...

Inside the script editor. It would be wicked to have a visual basic style, tabbed viewing. So you can open different routines/scripts at once, combine m, and thus make the program/game more interactive...

One more thing I'd like to point out was the general settings file from Cyber Mistress...

One where the date, name of the slave, age, sex, and such would be recorded. Also it kept track of which variables are active. Like for example when beeing nude. It marks the variable Nude as active... So the script will prohibit saying you have to undress again...

:idea: I think it be quite cool to have a hyperlink like navigation in the game, clicking on a kitchen picture/video, will make the player go to the kitchen, and thus loading the kitchen.Routine

:idea: I think it would be neat to be able to load video into the program/game.

:idea: Perhaps inside the Codetrix Coding part make a Content section. Where the user can add pictures/video's/audio to the project. Browse m, and organize them, so you can easily use them inside the script editor. For example when you add a Picture of a Mistress to the content section... It will add that picture to the content folder of CodetriXXX; c:\Desktop\CodetriXXX\ExampleProject\Pictures\Mistress\Mistress.JPG. Inside the CodetriXXX script editor content section the Mistress.JPG would have a little textfield saying its location within the project; ExampleProject\Pictures\Mistress\Mistress.JPG, which you can copy paste into you're code. This would greatly improve the speed of coding, and add a little more intuitive feel to it.

Last but not least:

The variable section was a bit unclear to me.
It would be awesome to have a Variable and Subsection at the commands list.

So for example:

If variable nude=1 or yes
Go_to Kitchen.Routine
If Variable nude=0
Go_to Bathroom.Routine

Or

If Variable LiveAlone=1
Trigger Sound= "Aw.wav"
If Variable LiveAlone=0
Trigger Sound= "Goood.wav"

Cyber Mistress used Flags and Valiables I think.

Flags was for clothing. Like Nude=0

And Variables where for things like name, and age.

I haven't yet found away inside CodetriXXX to recall a previous text box entry as a variable...

Like for example:

Mistress asks:

What's you name slave?

A text box appears which allows you to input youre name...

Then the mistress Says:

Very well "PREVIOUS INPUTTED SLAVE NAME HERE"

As for coding it would look something like this I guess:

Text: What's you're name slave
Wait (1)
TextBox Set Variable= "SlaveName" Please type you're name
wait (1)
Very Well "Variable=SlaveName"...

Ok now i'll keep my mouth shut :gag: :rofl: ... I think this was enough to chew on for now... I would love to hear what the possibilities are. I can imagine, that allot of this stuff is not manageble, or realizeble. But I think it would greatly improve the project...

Let me know what you think of the ideas :P...

Keep up the good and awesome work Lokit!

It is highly appreciated here...

kind Regards

Bound Soul

:!: EDIT: Ooh Right, I would almost forgot to add!

:idea: it would be awesome to be able to have .exe's executed on command by the program

:idea: Some sort of intergration with Lokit's PictureLokit

:idea: oops: A dreamweaver like editor? in which you can graphicly design you're routines or sessions, placing text, graphic or video somewhere on the screen... I know this is too much to ask. But I don't know exactly where you're skills end ;). And it's good to tickle the imagination... Or else we'll be attacked by imagination land... :mrgreen: :roll:
jason88888

Post by jason88888 »

Hello!

Maybe I can at least give answers to some of your ideas.

Btw.: This is a shortend version of my answer, I'll send you a PM with script examples. :D
BoundSoul wrote:
I did like the basic structure of CM. Having different routines. All linking to each other.

So for example You have the Intro giving you the option to go to the Upper floor, or downstairs. When you go to the upper floor. The upper floor routine will be triggered. When going to the lower floor. The lower floor Routine will be triggered.

So for this example you have 3 routine files:
1. Intro.Routine
2. Upperfloor.Routine
3. Lowerfloor.Routine
Already implemented.
tabbed viewing.
Already requested. :wink:
One more thing I'd like to point out was the general settings file from Cyber Mistress...

One where the date, name of the slave, age, sex, and such would be recorded. Also it kept track of which variables are active. Like for example when beeing nude. It marks the variable Nude as active... So the script will prohibit saying you have to undress again...
Partly implemented. Variables can already be stored to a file and can be loaded when needed.
:idea: I think it be quite cool to have a hyperlink like navigation in the game, clicking on a kitchen picture/video, will make the player go to the kitchen, and thus loading the kitchen.Routine
In my opinion not needed, you can click on a button labeled "go to the kitchen" instead.
:idea: I think it would be neat to be able to load video into the program/game.
Afaik already planned.

If variable nude=1 or yes
Go_to Kitchen.Routine
If Variable nude=0
Go_to Bathroom.Routine

Or

If Variable LiveAlone=1
Trigger Sound= "Aw.wav"
If Variable LiveAlone=0
Trigger Sound= "Goood.wav"
Can be done already.

Cyber Mistress used Flags and Valiables I think.

Flags was for clothing. Like Nude=0

And Variables where for things like name, and age.
Flags were for more than only clothes, can be used the same way like variables. The only difference is flags could be used for a specific time like

Code: Select all

flag=whatevernotallowed{lasts:300s}
I guess this is already possible, with variables from codetrixxx, not sure, I didn't figured out yet.
I haven't yet found away inside CodetriXXX to recall a previous text box entry as a variable...

Like for example:

Mistress asks:

What's you name slave?

A text box appears which allows you to input youre name...

Then the mistress Says:

Very well "PREVIOUS INPUTTED SLAVE NAME HERE"
Can be done already.
Ok now i'll keep my mouth shut :gag: :rofl: ... I think this was enough to chew on for now... I would love to hear what the possibilities are. I can imagine, that allot of this stuff is not manageble, or realizeble. But I think it would greatly improve the project...
Check out the demo scripts, maybe also the other scripts in SDU like my spanking script which has some comments in it which maybe help you to get started.
Possibilities, well, the sky is the limit. :D

I hope this helps a little bit. :)

Best greetings!
BoundSoul

Post by BoundSoul »

Very cool!

I see, I haven't yet tested it to all its capabilities! There's allot I still have to learn...

Thanks allot for pointing it all out...

Actually, I'm going to fiddle with it in a minute :P. First going to check out the Ogre 3d Thingy... Then I'll have a look at the Demo Scripts :)...

:idea: And ooh, hyperlink link browsing... I think it would be neat, combine this with the hovering cursor above an object trigger, and you have something quite neat!

For example:

You have a hole lot of rooms in you're virtual dungeon...
For each room you have a different picture:
Like:

Cellar.Jpg
Attic.Jpg
IsolationCell.Jpg
Dining Area.Jpg
Kitchen.Jpg

The Mistress asks you:
"Which room you want to go to Slave?"

Then all the images appear...

When you hover over the Cellar.JPG Image, you can program it to trigger a sound. For example Cellar.WAV this is a little voice clip from you're mistress, saying Cellar with a sexy female voice...

Same thing applies to all the images...

When you Click On an image, Dining Area.JPG for example, the routine Dining Area is started...

:arrow: Another thing, was the FLAGS and Variables...

I know that flags in CM could be used for allot more then just clothing. for example, flag SlaveGoneOut, when slave has left the house. And unflag it, when he reenters the game.

The variable and name thingie... I just have to take a look at how its done inside CodeTriXXX! Like I said, I haven't done to much with it yet, but Indeed, I'm sure the sky is the limit! :D...

:!: I guess, its a little confusing for me at the moment, beeing so used to CM. Don't get me wrong now. I absolutly love this. It's just a transition I have to make. Like switching from 3ds Max, to Maya :P. Having to learn all the new file types, commands, and such things... So please bare with me!:P :rofl:

I'm sorry if my post is a little incoherent. Just feeling a little woozy, under the weather and tired ;)...

Kind Regards,

Bound Soul
ken1985

Post by ken1985 »

Just a hint if you're using the CM syntax to start from: drop flags.

They were originally implemented first, with indeed some expiration features.
But 0/1 can easily be stored into a value as well. Rather have 1 "value"-feature which also allows expiration.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

I guess, its a little confusing for me at the moment, beeing so used to CM. Don't get me wrong now. I absolutly love this. It's just a transition I have to make. Like switching from 3ds Max, to Maya . Having to learn all the new file types, commands, and such things... So please bare with me!:P
Transition is always difficult when you are only used to one style. Its amazing how script writers are writing with only the basic command structure in place. Its closer to the work of Geroge, Kemeny, Kurtz, Moore and Rossum than CM. Later you will see how variables become complete objects and structures that directly integrate in dialogs rather than being used as flags. But there is no right or wrong style with Codetrixxx. Its is powerfully enough for people to adopt there own style of writing and thinking. The design spec is for people to be able to dive in start creating scenarios whilst growing into the more powerful support features. For a program that is in its twilight days of Alpha development its a perhaps a testament to the design and group participation that storyboards and games are already emerging.
soumisseau

Post by soumisseau »

hello there ^^

got to say i m feeling quite stupid as i cant find the damn download link :lol:

any help there ? or maybe its just normal :)
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

soumisseau wrote:hello there ^^
got to say i m feeling quite stupid as i cant find the damn download link :lol:
any help there ? or maybe its just normal :)
Hi Soumisseau, Sorry for making you feel stupid. You are not going mad and perfectly normal and probably rated above average for pointing the fact that there is no forum download link... yet :) There are Download links in the SDU but not in the Software forum, it is simply not ready for the forum and still being developed.

Shortly after this thread was started Anna formed the new Software Developers Forum or SDU and Codetrix or CodetriXXX migrated to that forum. The SDU was created to for the the seriously interested, people that want to get involved in projects and supporting developers. CodetriXXX is a big project and after 4 months of dedicated community effort is still in Alpha development. It has yet to through Beta testing, then a RC or release candidate version with release material and a level of support and knowledge base before exposing it for general download.

Hopefully when it is finally released it will provide an easy to use script based platform that people can grow into and express there own creativity that is freely distributable without encumbrance.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

FYI, there are lots of sample scripts as well as a few full blown (or partialy blown) programs that use lots of features...
When released, it will be entertaining to see the first reactions of first time users...
(Just wait a little longer...)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
soumisseau

Post by soumisseau »

oooouh ^^

Can't wait as i have never been able to try CyberMistress when it still existed...
So i'm really eager to see what kind of domination an AI can perform :oops:

Keep up the good work
soumisseau

Post by soumisseau »

hi again, any news ? :)

I'm kinda eager to see what this kinda thing can do :oops:
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

soumisseau wrote:hi again, any news ? :)

Thanks for your interest, I have stalled with it. Simply because its a huge amount of work and due to personal circumstances I simply don't have the time to continue this on my own at the moment. To move this forward I need people who can help with the Documentation, Logo & graphics, sounds, and have web cams or Arduinos for alpha testing. Oh and some TIME! LOL :)

I'm looking to get things moving again and something out in the new year. But I would rather publish a Beta rather than another Alpha.
soumisseau

Post by soumisseau »

LoKiT wrote:
soumisseau wrote:hi again, any news ? :)

Thanks for your interest, I have stalled with it. Simply because its a huge amount of work and due to personal circumstances I simply don't have the time to continue this on my own at the moment. To move this forward I need people who can help with the Documentation, Logo & graphics, sounds, and have web cams or Arduinos for alpha testing. Oh and some TIME! LOL :)

I'm looking to get things moving again and something out in the new year. But I would rather publish a Beta rather than another Alpha.
Well personnal things come first, no argument there :)

Just sayin, but if there s anything i can do to help, you got it.
I dont have any particular skills but hey ^^
soumisseau

Post by soumisseau »

Hello there. No news on codetrix ? Any progress ? :)

Any beta testing needed :D