Codetrix: Surrender and Collaborate :)

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Codetrix: Surrender and Collaborate :)

Post by LoKiT »

To be politically correct I should point out the title of this post has nothing to do with austerity and new National defence proposals, nor is it free advise to certain large media corporation employees :) But I would like to introduce to you my third forum software offering codename "Codetrix" :whip:

Codetrix is a free script runner, your personal computer Mistress, a willing partner in your SB world, Surrender if you will! In this post I hope to show you some screenshots and tell you a little about for discussion as there is a lot of it. There are some very good programs such as Sexscript, CM-clone and so on which offer some good features and so its hard to do something even better. I started with a blank sheet of paper drawing features and ease of use. Then I and start on a proof of concept piece of code which is pretty much close to an alpha release for some involvement or discussion in the project. Let me show some of what I have already. Codetrix has its own editor which uses color to markup the script and highlight the commands from the data. In the left hand panel is a plain english descriptions of available commands. for instance, "Change text color", double click it and the command is added to the script. No thumbing through realms of help guides to work out the syntax of the command you want to use.
capture_16072011_143618.jpg
In the example screen shot I have added the change text color command to the editor. Note the "BackgroundColor" command, Codetrix understands color descriptions. You can still use color codes for specific colors like "#FDDEDD", but plain names are quick and easy like "Navy Blue" or "Dark Red". Same thing works for Fonts, you can describe the font you want to use like "Sans Bold 14", or just "bold". Ok lets have a look at some actual screen shots, these are done in a small screen to be forum friendly but resize the screen on the fly and everything automatically resizes to suit.
capture_16072011_144413.jpg
capture_16072011_143849.jpg
Pictures are resized automatically to fit. Codetrix handles transparent images too, and enlarges smaller pictures and resizes larger pictures to fit.

Codetrix uses a simple old Basic style command set. Like "For, next" and "IF then" and "Repeat until". The idea was to try and make it human readable, yet use more powerful convenience commands for playing sounds and prompting questions or randomly selecting items. Look at the right panel in the next screen shot...
capture_16072011_144714.jpg
Sub routine uses a bracketed [name], to call a sub-routine you simply type name() .The right hand panel shows you the routine names you have written and there start and end line numbers so you can keep track. If you run your script it has another panel that shows you the variable names used and there values...
capture_16072011_143833.jpg
Just the one, "name" contains 'Slave' :whip:

At the moment it has random choice commands, loops and counters, if then, Yes/No boxes, question boxes, a progress meter, input boxes and display adjustment controls, random number generator, fonts choosers, color choosers, editor and command panel. Oh and system variables like day, date and time. And will save to a compressed single file as there are no messy files to distribute.

Next I need to add some dialog commands so add your own list boxes, selection for toys and clothing, a personal profile page.

But what do you think so far? I cant cover everything it does so far. But were this goes from here is really a question of interest. I need script writers, testers, artists keen to embrace it, and some good old fashioned kinky challenges to write for. Interested in some collaboration perhaps? Were this goes from here is really up to you. It can die here and now, or you can express an interest of some kind or kick about some ideas. What do you think?
qwerty212

Re: Codetrix: Surrender and Collaborate :)

Post by qwerty212 »

Is good to see that you are working on new projects LoKiT :)
jason88888

Post by jason88888 »

This looks great! I wish you luck with this project.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Looks good LoKiT! :D
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Your talent never ceases to amaze me, LoKit! :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I'm a programmer, VB6, I would be glad to help with scripts or programming, or at least improvement ideas...
Is anything downloadable yet???
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
sixpointoh

Post by sixpointoh »

I would be happy to contribute time towards script writing for people who have ideas. I also have experience writing documentation and making GUI art. Count me in.

All of that said, you mentioned two programs that don't show up in Google searches. I am curious...
jason88888

Post by jason88888 »

sixpointoh wrote: All of that said, you mentioned two programs that don't show up in Google searches. I am curious...
Here you'll find the links:

http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93479
Alopex

Post by Alopex »

This is a great and exciting project! Thanks for your efforts so far!

I have no experience in any coding, but I would love to test and comment on the prog as soon as possible. :)
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

Thanks you every for your support.
Alopex wrote:
I have no experience in any coding, but I would love to test and comment on the prog as soon as possible
The Software Development Usergroup is looking for people like YOU willing to help out :D
IwantYou.jpg
IwantYou.jpg (7.35 KiB) Viewed 26763 times
All authors on this site really appreciate feedback. They give their time freely to produce software for all to enjoy and deserve a bit of support. If you can spare a little time to try and comment new software. Or offer suggestions, or have skills like artwork or even programming skills and your more serious than just lurking then please come join in. Or if you want to try and develop a project and not sure how to get started then the SDU is for you.
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

could not resist...
Attachments
theywantyou.png
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

solostill wrote:could not resist...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: u make my day
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

solostill wrote:could not resist...
LOLz :rofl: Brilliant!

(Like the new Avatar too)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Village People Forever!!! :rofl:

Love'em!

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

LMAO......
[