PictureLoKiT V1.0 Released

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

jason88888

Re: PictureLoKiT V1.0 Released

Post by jason88888 »

MKu wrote:Uninstalled PictureLoKiT, deleted piclocit-folder, rebooted, installed PictureLoKiT anew.
Try this again. But this time delete also the second piclock folder which is here - "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\YOURUSERNAME\piclokit\", that is where the data is stored.
MKu

Post by MKu »

OK, maybe my post wasnt explicitely enough.

Uninstalled PictureLoKiT, deleted all piclocit-folder, rebooted, installed PictureLoKiT anew.
Indeed over time people got knowledge but no wisdom.

Accidents do not happen, they are caused.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

MKu wrote:OK, maybe my post wasnt explicitely enough.

Uninstalled PictureLoKiT, deleted all piclocit-folder, rebooted, installed PictureLoKiT anew.
Hi MKu, I had another look at your screenshots for clues. It appears PictureLoKiT.exe is stalling for resources it can not find. Looking at the machine info page I noticed your machine is still at XP SP2 not SP3. A few years ago when SP3 was release 90% of it was an update roundup. But there has been some major changes since that completely change the security surrounding how apps run in SP3. There is a file certification manifest file for MSCRT.DLL that allows modern software permissions to run using the system kernel. I can't be sure but as I'm not a Windows expert and I think you have been missing some critiacal updates for the last few years?

I would recommend you install SP3 and bring the machine up to date and try again, if only to patch your machine vulnerabilities. I hope that helps.
shadowshinji

Post by shadowshinji »

Thank you for the program and all the time and effort you put into it.
It has been very useful and I have yet to have any issues with it.
kate

Post by kate »

I maybe able to help with the issues MKu hit in Septermber. I had the same thing last night (after getting dressed I might add :( ) and the application took a little while to load, then showed the screen not responding, etc, then died. Tried it on other machines too so I don't think it was setup related. If i disabled my network connection the application immediately died, I checked the resource monitor and noticed that a few bytes of network traffic was sent by the application, but none recieved.

It could be whatever the application tries to speak to during load up wasn't working last night and MKu didn't have access to it by firewall, or policy, etc. Downside is that it appears to be working today so it isn't repeatable, but could be a place to start.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

Kate, Sorry to hear your having problems, but thanks for the helpful feedback. Two people have previously reported this problem. I spent a week rewriting what I think may resolve the problem. I say I think as nobody with the problem seems to be prepared to test a solution :( But if you would like to give it a try, uninstall your existing copy and try the this version at... Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/FKGNUS6NFQ just unzip and run the exe file.

Please let me know if this solves the problem?
MKu

Post by MKu »

Hardly your new version is running on my system (many thanks for this) i start complaining :oops:

Based on the FAQ on post 1:

Q. What happens if I mess with the system clock while its NOT running?
A. Closing PictureLoKiT, turning back the clock and restarting it i got this nice picture
Turning it forward i got my releasepicture.

Im no good with Python. But maybe you can work something out with these NTP-examples (example one, example two).
Indeed over time people got knowledge but no wisdom.

Accidents do not happen, they are caused.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

LOL :rofl: MKu, you have not run these example routines have you ??? The NTP routines in PictureLoKiT or based on the Stackoverflow examples, please see the source code on Sourceforge. They are the reason why PictureLoKiT kept closing down on you. I added an exception to handle the error and default to the system clock. This exception doesn't happen for over 99% of users. Only for those that have problems with access to certain NTP servers. There is a lesser known problem of some routers abnormally dropping the connection to busy time servers. I have no idea if this is the case?
Im no good with Python. But maybe you can work something out with these NTP-examples (example one, example two).
To be perfectly honest only 3 including yourself out off thousands of downloads. Keen to help I took 3 weeks out of my current project to work the problem. Which nobody at the time with the problem seemed to want to test the result. So please excuse my for my lack of interest as I have better things to be doing, like Codetrixxx. Unless I'm working with the person with the problem I'm 2nd guessing why you can't get a response from the time server? I made an exception to bypass the anti-tamper it the timer server fails. Thus not leaving you with a nonstarter or stranded.

I to was "no good with Python" when I started PictureLoKiT, it started with Idiots guide and a lot of time and dedication. Please feel free to help yourself to the source code and modify to your needs, I'm sure others will appreciate it if you want to give it a try. Or we discover the reason why the program can't see the server and work the problem? Else there is a bug report form on Source forge. Good Luck!
sissymaidcindy

Post by sissymaidcindy »

Is this software still available ? I get a "Forbidden" page on Sourceforge when I follow the download link.

Thanks !

<curtsy>
JACJ

Post by JACJ »

sissymaidcindy wrote:Is this software still available ? I get a "Forbidden" page on Sourceforge when I follow the download link.

Thanks !

<curtsy>
Did you ever get an answer to this one? I'm searching for this myself
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

have you tried the wayback machine?
misha

Post by misha »

If there is someone, please give a working link to download
My qustodio phone) login: evf64223@cdfaq.com pass: 123456
HellzBellz

Post by HellzBellz »

Best I can do is a beta version, v0.67. Works on W10.

https://mega.nz/#!FhZUQLSa!sgORM_lHOLH4 ... PYJkbB9bYs
It's not fun until you wish you'd never started!
kxmp

Post by kxmp »

The download link is invalid. Please repair it. :hi: