Early Develloping stages of a new Game

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

selfbondagesub

Re: Early Develloping stages of a new Game

Post by selfbondagesub »

so wuts up with this....so popular then no replys, no update?, no nothin?
mirmydone

Post by mirmydone »

love how it looks like atm
but can't load a game nor go to the facilities :(
HellzBellz

Post by HellzBellz »

Love the concept of this "game". Hope it will become a reality, not just a dream.
It's not fun until you wish you'd never started!
bbb

Post by bbb »

wow this look awesome man. Great job. cant wait til the game is ready to be played!
slut_tori

Post by slut_tori »

wow, this looks promising.

Is there any news on the development process??
BoundSoul

Post by BoundSoul »

Hi All,

I was a little AFK for a few months. But I'm back under the living.

Focussing mainly on the devellopment of a new game.

Basicly I have 2 Projects going on at the moment:

:!: Lokit's CodetriXXX, help him in any way possible. And wondering where it will all lead to...

:!: Still longing for that never before seen/ released 3D Mistress game...

The last one is still very very vague...

And for the last one, I could use all the help in the world when it comes, to translating 3d data. Into an interactive Game Engine. This is a field I don't have any expierence with...

I could literly make a Fully decorated BDSM castle in 3D, in autodesks, Maya. It would so look better then any bondage game I have ever seen. But still. I don't have a clue on how to translate the data... Still in desperate need of help for that section...

So if anyone has ever created their own 3D game, or has worked with Digital Interactive Enviorements. Please step forward. As you would be of tremendous help.

Hope to see some life flourishing into this project soon...

:roll:

Thanks in Advance

Kind Regards

Bound Soul
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

BoundSoul wrote: And for the last one, I could use all the help in the world when it comes, to translating 3d data. Into an interactive Game Engine. This is a field I don't have any expierence with...

I could literly make a Fully decorated BDSM castle in 3D, in autodesks, Maya. It would so look better then any bondage game I have ever seen. But still. I don't have a clue on how to translate the data... Still in desperate need of help for that section...

So if anyone has ever created their own 3D game, or has worked with Digital Interactive Enviorements. Please step forward. As you would be of tremendous help.
i don't wanna curb your enthusiasm here, and i'm not a video gamer *i prefer pinballs, name your machine and i probably
had a pretty good score on that one*
i know enuff about DGE that an interactive engine is an enourmous project. *no wonder developement costs of new mainstream games run into 8 figures easily*. there just is some stuff that ain't feasible for a one man operation.
[
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

also autodesk is hardly the proper tool >_> not building trucks llol. do not reinvent the wheel.

google opensource 3d engines. you get things like this http://www.ogre3d.org/ which are extremely popular. ogre has been behind lots of projects for many years. there are even games in Steam using this. if i recall correctly it is c++.

http://www.ogre3d.org/gallery/

if you start rolling a project with a base like this, probably will get more active participation. myself included. as someone who has written 3d engines from scratch it is a massive pain in the ass, and not the kind of pain we are looking for here :gag:

i am also guessing by our demographics here we are not top-of-the-line-gamers so shooting for next-generation ps3 graphics are not feasible.
jason88888

Post by jason88888 »

BoundSoul wrote: :!: Lokit's CodetriXXX, help him in any way possible. And wondering where it will all lead to...
Focus on that! :D
:!: Still longing for that never before seen/ released 3D Mistress game...

The last one is still very very vague...

And for the last one, I could use all the help in the world when it comes, to translating 3d data. Into an interactive Game Engine. This is a field I don't have any expierence with...
Maybe this is something for you:
http://www.udk.com/download.html
BoundSoul

Post by BoundSoul »

Hey All,

Thanks for the quick replies :)...

@ Solostill:

YES, YES, YES! That's really something in the right direction! I'm going to have a closer look at this tomorrow. When I've had some sleep, and hopefully feel a little better, as im quite under the weather at the moment.

@ jason88888:

Yes, I know, I will. But I have some time on my hand. So I guess it will work out just fine!

Let me make things a little more clear ;).

I don't want to program, a 3d game engine from scratch. I agree, this is a hell of a lot of work.

Think more of a game mod! Borrowing a games engine. Importing 3d Stuff from Maya, to the game engine Editor. and then work from wihin the game engine editor...

I know for a fact a lot of games came to life this way.

Think of:

Counter Strike - It borrowed the Half life Engine, lator on, the Hammer editor came out, allowing users to make game levels for counter strike with the half life engine...
Morrowind - Had its own world builder, so you could mod, character. Load Character from morrowind into the Worldbuilder. Export it as a maya object. Edit it in maya, and then again open it in worldbuilder and save it as a morrowind model...
Unreal - Has its own Game engine And Editor I think

In terms of programming and scripting...

I'm looking for a program, which just lets me do this all in one program. There is a program called Game Maker, which allows you to make simple 2d games, and such, and had allot of game actions and commands build into it. I'm sort of looking for a way in between Game Maker, and a 3D Game Engine...

And I know, that there just has to be some sort of game. Which has an Open Source devellopment community. With its own engine, editor and such...

For now, i'll do a little more research on the Ogre 3d! And test it out tomorrow!

Thanks all, for you're feedback! Highly appreciated over here!

Kind Regards

Bound Soul ;)
BoundSoul

Post by BoundSoul »

As of today, I'am happy to tell you folks.

SubSpace 3D, has it's own forum...

If you want to keep in touch with the latest news on the developments of the project. Just join in. Please keep in mind that this is a very early release of the forum...

Visit the Forum at:

http://subspace3d.getforum.org/index.html

Good day to you all!

And Kind Regards

Ray
Last edited by BoundSoul on 03 Sep 2011, 12:31, edited 3 times in total.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

true 3D requires lots of run-time rendering...
An easier 3D format would be a block style...
(Trying to think of a game others would recognise...OK, Ultima, the underground mazes)
Early style 3D...
But, basically, the map is a square grid, you move 1 square at a time, you turn 90' at a time.
No 3d rendering, just static upright 2d pictures...

I know the idea is a step back, but it is an easy to implement idea that does not require lots of graphics experience or software.
Anyone can create a map, and the program generates the picture.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
BoundSoul

Post by BoundSoul »

Hi All,

A new update from my side...

I'am currently trying out the Unreal Development Kit as a 3d Game Engine. I managed to import Objects from maya, place m in a world, and get to walk around in it. Still very basic.

But the main idea is there.

Perhaps i'll go find some help at some game communities. As I'm still in pretty much of a learning phase. But It all seems manageble so far...

Ill keep you updated...
Last edited by BoundSoul on 03 Sep 2011, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
BoundSoul

Post by BoundSoul »

Cheers :)

Some concept art (A)

selfbondagesub

Post by selfbondagesub »

Havent logged in for some time but looking at some of my earlier posts etc. from like 3+ years ago and although there are now more said interactive programs available i still believe most if not every one of them is still very un-user friendly...and i'm totally not knocking anyones work here thats not my intent but it seems you have to be a programmer to make anything work and thats if you can even download it properly (which most of the time i can't) and so although i would really love a kick ass program and would even pay for one if there was one that was commercially available and functional i'm still sittin here in 2014 with nothin :cry: so i'm sad.

In the past I had cm running for maybe a week or two at i would say 50% functionality, was able to populate a simple virtual mistress program which i can no longer find, and have used milovana a bit. I love the concept as i'm sure thousands agree. I can't fathom why no one is monetizing on it?

If theres anyone out there that has a good functional program...virtual interactive mistress type...and can guide me through setting it up properly...please pm me I can cough up some cake for something like that.