Retired Moderator

Bluelist Beta: Released

Post by LoKiT »

Edited post - updated 8 Feb 2011

The latest Bluelist is now available for general download

Version: 712 released 9th Feb 2011

Site: http://www.wix.com/bluelist01/blistlst
Files: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bluelist71x/

Firstly, many thanks to the people who helped with the testing and took to the time to provide some feedback. This was a fantastic help and really accelerated its development.

Bluelist has under gone a radical rewrite under the hood and includes helpful features such as the drag and dropping of image files to create items and change images. Numerous bug fixes and improvements. I've included some pdf documentation to help get you started and some very boring clipart to play with to make suitable for general public release. However, feel free to publish and share your own creations. There is a feature to include your own license and usage conditions on your creations if you require it. I should stress that it this version is written to work on modern windows such as XP/Vista/Win7 32 and 64bit machines with at least 512mb of RAM. Else you could experience a long delay on start up. However it seemed just fine on my Netbook

Bug reports and problems please PM or email, Feedback and ideas to the forum always welcomed, have fun and be safe.
Last edited by LoKiT on 09 Feb 2011, 02:15, edited 2 times in total.
jesseluvsheels

Re: Bluelist Beta: Released

Post by jesseluvsheels »

Thank you for this LoKiT!!

Will be trying it soon i hope :)
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

Thank you jesseluvsheels your very welcome.

Just added the Sissy Maid file for Bluelist. You can directly download the Sissy maid collection = http://www.mediafire.com/file/35z2uk5rd ... dStore.pfl .If you were confused what to buy before... you will a be left wanting after seeing this :D
Last edited by LoKiT on 29 Aug 2010, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

You can find all the data files and updates at http://www.mediafire.com/bluelist

For my last offering I have upload top2bottom-leathers for those that enjoy a bit of leather in there collection :D The link is http://www.mediafire.com/file/vxvvc8d6t ... athers.pfl
taylorgreen4682

Post by taylorgreen4682 »

Im not sure if im doing something wrong, but when i follow the link it takes me to the installer page, and after a few moments it says that there is not a server avaliable with the requested info. Could somebody please help me out on this one
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

taylorgreen4682 wrote:Im not sure if im doing something wrong, but when i follow the link it takes me to the installer page, and after a few moments it says that there is not a server avaliable with the requested info. Could somebody please help me out on this one
Sorry, but that is a bit hazy what or which link you are following? All the links on this page appears to be working fine? The link http://www.mediafire.com/bluelist will take to the folder that contains the installers, docs and add on files. Its possible there is some server downtime there end that stopped your download and generated that error. Maybe if you try again later and see that happens. It fails again and you can tell us what link you were trying to use and then maybe we can figure out what is going wrong for you?

Puzzled :? LoKiT
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

Hi,

I had a quick try at installing under RedHat EL5.5. Looks like the rpm package is newer than the OS version supports.

error: Failed dependencies:
rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.6-1 is needed by Bluelist-066-2.noarch

A quick web search looks like it is the version of rpm that is needed is newer than the installed version.
System version => RPM version 4.4.2.3

Is there a "manual" install package possible? Could also be other packages that are below the needs of the program.

Screen shots look nice, Thanks.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

nitro wrote:Is there a "manual" install package possible? Could also be other packages that are below the needs of the program.
Screen shots look nice, Thanks.
Yeap, It looks as if my RPM packer is bit more up to date, still a mistake on my part :whip: :D Okay, I hope this will help you, it's the complete file layout in targz which you should be able to unarc with path and copy in to you file tree. Its 'Bluelist-man-inst-linux.tar.gz' and you can find it with the rest or use this link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/035gtkgt5 ... nux.tar.gz

In gnome or kde the launch icon appears in your apps tray else you will have to bash /usr/bin/bluelist . There maybe some python26 libs you will need like python-imaging, python-url and calendar. I think this will work for you. Please let us all know how you got on :)
Shard

Post by Shard »

Hey, I've got the same problem as taylorgreen4682, the windows download link (http://www.mediafire.com/file/ht9y1atg4 ... taller.exe) gives an error saying no servers are available with that data on it, could you reupload that one please :)
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Another great program LoKiT! :D I hope that it will be popular and that people will show their appreciation for the time and effort invested into this project. ( :whip: )
Shard wrote:Hey, I've got the same problem as taylorgreen4682, the windows download link (http://www.mediafire.com/file/ht9y1atg4 ... taller.exe) gives an error saying no servers are available with that data on it, could you reupload that one please :)
This is caused by MediaFire being overloaded. The file is still there and it is still possible to download the file, just not at that time. Return some time later and try again. Eventually the server will be available.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Withdrawn

Post by LoKiT »

Bluelist is no longer available for public access.

I have withdrawn and deleted the file and they are no longer available. In short, CLOSED! :evil:

I'm confused, only two broken link reports and I raised the min spec for the linux version to high for one user. Over 180 downloads and not a word in the forum kinda makes me think something is very wrong with this beta? Sorry, but to save further embarrassment :oops: as I can not confirm its working out there I have deleted the files for public access. Thus no longer publicly available to download.

However, if you are a forum member and want a copy please drop PM or email and I will happily send you a private link :)
Shard

Post by Shard »

A shame, I wanted to try it, from the screen shots it looks very well polished and some great ideas, but trying several times over 3 different days I kept getting the same error, so I couldn't download it :(
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

Shard wrote:A shame, I wanted to try it, from the screen shots it looks very well polished and some great ideas, but trying several times over 3 different days I kept getting the same error, so I couldn't download it :(
Please check your PM (Private messages) :D

As I said in my last post
if you are a forum member and want a copy please drop PM or email and I will happily send you a private link
Three simple reasons for this...

1/ Due a few download problems I moved some were, but they only allow 10 downloads before its deleted.
2/ As in one that presents a problem as out 180 downloads 40% of the download traffic was going to the far east ???
3/ One of the ideas behind this was to determine if new for PictureLoKiT I used in it was working. I really can not move forward with that now ether.

So I have chalked it up as a project failure, time to take a break and move on else were. :(
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

LoKiT wrote:So I have chalked it up as a project failure, time to take a break and move on else were. :(
I would not give up so easily. I don't think it is a project failure, the demos looked good, just a roll-out/debug problem.

I think you are on the right path, call this the alpha release and make it a smaller release group (like us :) ). We can provide some feedback as time allows and go from there back to the beta.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

nitro wrote:
LoKiT wrote:So I have chalked it up as a project failure, time to take a break and move on else were. :(
I would not give up so easily. I don't think it is a project failure, the demos looked good, just a roll-out/debug problem.

I think you are on the right path, call this the alpha release and make it a smaller release group (like us :) ). We can provide some feedback as time allows and go from there back to the beta.
Thanks Nitro, you are 200% right :D There has been some weird things going on with the roll out which is throwing up a lot of meaningless clues and with no solid feedback its all guess work *if, were, how and why if anything could *is, because, might, thingy * = delete if applicable... I got to put my hand up here and say things with 20-20 hind sight are a mess. And my lack of confidence and experience for beta releases. And without constructive feedback the project is dead in the water. PictureLoKiT, Bluelist and the up and coming FileLoKiT and Redlist are all stepping stones and building blocks to bigger projects that hopefully build the tools for creativity in kinky software. Miss a stone and it falls in the river :)

NEEDs An A-Team or Alpha test team, any volunteers? PM or email please. But as Nitro rightly points out it means a smaller dedicated release group which is an excillent :idea: . It comes with a caveat, it requires feedback on how well you find it works or what didn't. Effectively your acceptance testing for a wider release. Its the only way forward really and the best way to rekindle this project.