Advice Software/Programming Lang? Sissy Training Game

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

e43000

Advice Software/Programming Lang? Sissy Training Game

Post by e43000 »

Dear all,

For some time now I have been trying to work out how to create a game which focuses on Sissy/Feminization training - to summarise very briefly, I would like to create a game's which takes control of certain aspects of your life 24/7 (behaviour, actions, masturbation etc.) and provides you with a platform to engage in crossdressing, feminization, behaviour training and humiliation.

I think that what I am trying to create is probably quite straightforward, but I am not a programmer and I am not sure what software or programming language I should use/learn. I tried initially creating a script for SexScripts (http://www.ss.deviatenow.com/), but, for various reasons, it just wasn’t going to work. I have also looked into Twine (http://twinery.org/), but am not sure if it will be possible to create my game using this software.

These are the basic elements of my game:

Visually: A window which displays a picture, some text boxes displaying information, and a drop down menu, which allows the user to interact with the game/choose options/choose to complete training or other activities

Other requirements:

Must be able to save/load data

Must be aware of time of day - ability to read computers clock

Must be able to store user preferences - clothes, sex toys, fetishes, and limits

Points system - user is given points for completing assignments/achievements/training and user can spend points to masturbate

Must be able to link to content stored elsewhere on the internet

Basically, I am just looking for some advice/ideas here from anyone with experience in programming/creating games - does anyone have experience with Twine and think this might work? Are there any other game-making software like twine that I could try? C++? HTML?

Any advice/ideas would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Lela
KinkInSpace

Re: Advice Software/Programming Lang? Sissy Training Game

Post by KinkInSpace »

There are quite a few possibilities here.

Obviously I could list every single programming language here, but given that you are new to programming, lets just say, telling you the advanced languages is not going to help you, because you simply will not finish.

I'm a decent programmer, but I don't understand the more advanced languages myself. They really require additional training/knowledge.

Anyway, that said...

There are two roads you can go to.
- A programming language
- A program that creates programs but not require much programming to none at all (game-engines)

The benefit of the 2nd one is that its very easy to learn and requires no programming language, but because it is an engine on its own, it is limited in what it can do, and you may find out that at some point, you want to add a feature and find out the engine simply does not support it natively.

A programming language offers far more freedom, but because you are programming every aspect of it, it is also much more time consuming. Not only are you learning the language first, because you have to program every aspect, it takes time to do even the most simplest thing.

This is a choice you will have to make after investigating the options.

I guess there is a hybrid here, programming languages specifically made for games. They offer a framework with specific commands that will speed-up the process, but in this case, it may not give any benefit, because you are not really trying to make an actual game (controlling a character and setting goals for the character to beat with enemies and programming how they interact)

So with that said, I'll put in order of easy to hard a list of things you can look into and see what works for you.

- Game Maker (This is a program that creates games using an easy to learn interface. Scripting is possible, but not required. Creating the interface may be the challenge though.)
- PHP + html (2 programming languages that are really powerful, to create web applications. PHP is definitely a very easy language to learn, and HTML is the language to create your interface. PHP is capable of doing everything you need, including getting the time/day, writing to and from a file, and so on. There are portable server packages such as WAMP that allow you to run a php program locally, so you don't have to buy webspace. But if you do own webspace, you can put your program online, and access it from all your devices, and share it with others.)
- App Game Kit (A program language designed to make games. It has basic syntax and support for all you want to do. Creating an interface is a bit harder though, but the language itself is a form of basic and thus very easy to learn.
- Visual Basic .NET (A program language designed to make windows executables. Definitely going to make you do what you want, but it will be a bit more challenging to learn. There are enough examples on the net to help you out, and making the interface is the easiest from all of the above by far. You have a form, put on a control, change the settings and double click it to write its code. If you really are not a programmer, this one might be too hard to get into.

I am a PHP programmer myself, and from the list, I placed it second. It is not too hard to learn, with lots of sources on the internet to get help and learn the language, yet at the same time allowing for an environment that can do virtually anything.

I also use App Game Kit for developing games and Visual Basic .NET for developing actual programs, but php is definitely my first choice in most of the cases. The only thing php can't do is interact with my windows environment itself. Thats where VB.Net comes into play, but programming in vb.net is much more advanced when it comes to going past the basic task.

C# is a language similar to vb.net and php, but I left it out because I simply don't have enough experience to work with it. vb.net is definitely easier to learn than C#, but C# is not that hard. It just has its own language structure and solely works with the .net framework, so every single command is done through the .net framework and thus you have to learn the entire framework. It may be a choice if you are considering vb.net.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
boundcumslut

Post by boundcumslut »

First of all, have you ever programed before. If so, does the language you are used to have a GUI library/toolkit (unless its java, in which case, please learn something else like C++). If you haven't programmed before, you have a way to go before you can do something like that. Im not saying dont, but, maybe start with learning some programming first. I would suggest starting with C++ or C, but, C++ would be more suitable for this type of project (C can do it, it is just the way GUI applications have to be written in C is very strange. C++ has classes, C doesnt). If you have learned an interpreted language (such as ruby, python, etc), though it is good to learn compiled languages, writing an app in an interpreted language is fine. If you have no idea on how to start, look at using C++ and Qt (see http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtexamplesandtutorials.html). Qt will have everything you need to build a GUI, and IIRC it has things for managing application settings. Also, its very cross platform.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

A different option is to go with a Raspberry Pi and Python as the programming language. There are lots of tutorials oit there for beginners on how to get started and it gives you i/o's to play with. Together with a whole lot of other available hardware periferals like cameras and relay shields.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

boundcumslut wrote:First of all, have you ever programed before. If so, does the language you are used to have a GUI library/toolkit (unless its java, in which case, please learn something else like C++). If you haven't programmed before, you have a way to go before you can do something like that. Im not saying dont, but, maybe start with learning some programming first. I would suggest starting with C++ or C, but, C++ would be more suitable for this type of project (C can do it, it is just the way GUI applications have to be written in C is very strange. C++ has classes, C doesnt). If you have learned an interpreted language (such as ruby, python, etc), though it is good to learn compiled languages, writing an app in an interpreted language is fine. If you have no idea on how to start, look at using C++ and Qt (see http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtexamplesandtutorials.html). Qt will have everything you need to build a GUI, and IIRC it has things for managing application settings. Also, its very cross platform.
Seriously? A beginner to programming, starting with the most difficulty programming (okay, assembly is even harder) there is?

No hard feelings, but a beginner should NOT start with C++. Yes it can do everything, but it is really really hard. I'm an experienced programmer and I struggle a lot with C++ too much to comfortably program in it. C is far easier, but not suitable if you need a GUI. But you don't really need classes for this kind of project. Classes are great for its business logic, and thus for its expendability, but a beginner programmer will not figure out OOP until they have at least a few years of experience in their language anyway.

VB.net has classes too, and so does C#. If you want to suggest a C language, then at least suggest C#.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Visual Basic. It's a very high level programming language, meaning it looks after a lot of the details for you. If you're going for in depth programming, it's terribly laggy, but for something relatively simple like this, it's a good choice. GUI design is quick and easy and the code is relatively simple and has plenty of excellent tutorials. It's widely considered to be an introductory language for figuring out the core basics of programming (variables, if statements, loops, that sort of thing.)

Visual Studio Community is free and intended for personal use, so that should give you what you need. (I have similar plans myself, and I'll be using VB because the other language I know in any detail is Java and coding a GUI that way is...horrifying.)
e43000

Post by e43000 »

Thank you very much for all the responses - it sounds like I've got quite a few decisions to make! I'll have a look into all of your suggestions and see what I can get a handle on.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Tenderfoot88 wrote:I'm surprised nobody mentioned Visual Basic.
I'm surprised you didn't see that I actually did mention about VB.
geekcdbdsm

Post by geekcdbdsm »

Hello OP.

I believe the best option for you is to go with HTML+JavaScript. It fits all your requirements and you can fastly get results. Plus there are tons of tutorials and HOWTOs. As an extra feature you will get full crossplaformity just for free. If you want to build native desktop application you could consider web version as a prototype to test your ideas.

The other options like C++ , VB or python will require more time to learn. If you not already a programmer you have to learn language itself and some GUl framework. Both are pretty time consuming studies. So there are lot more chances that you just drop the project.

Your project looks very interesting. I started something like this some time ago. I used Qt framework which I know very well. Unfortunately I dropped my project due to lack of ideas and spare time. Time-by-time I'm thinking about to start it again. What do you think about collaboration :roll: ? With your ideas and my tech skills we probably can make something interesting.
maid Sara

Post by maid Sara »

Check out http://www.maidtrainingprogram.com/

The maid training program is good. There you can get some very nice ideas and how to do it. I know the person who made it has taken a break from it because its been to much, since she`s not a pro programmer.

If someone with programmer skill could continue her work/help her, it would've been great!
e43000

Post by e43000 »

@maid Sara - thanks for the link: two great programs there! I had never heard of them before, but they have quite a few similarities to the sort of program I would like to make.
@geekcdbdsm - thanks for your post: a collaboration would be fantastic - how do we proceed?! I would love to get this off the ground, got lots of ideas and been building up potential resources for the last several years, but I just don't have the tech-knowledge.
JACJ

Post by JACJ »

You could try Virtual Master.

It is a program where you write a scrip, Just lige sexscrip, but in my experience is easier and you are able to customize it much more.

Find it here: www.virmst.eu
SmartCS

Post by SmartCS »

You could look into Unity - that's what we've been using with C# as the programming language. We were actually planning on putting out some tutorials on how we've been doing it, within the lesbian bdsm context that our game cupboardslaves.com is in if that's something that might interest you. Are you proficient at 2D / 3D art? Visuals are also an important comwhat to a game like this.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I recently discovered that VB6 is now a free download...
VB is very powerful and easy to learn...
And being Basic, it is not that far from English...
And being an (Not compiled before running) language makes it easy to edit on the fly, even when the program in running...
Just remembered that VB 10, AKA VB.net has a free download as well...
(Couldn't wrap my mind around VB10... it looks too much like HTML which I don't understand as well)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...