USB bullet vibrators - possible to control power?

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Brand X mk2

USB bullet vibrators - possible to control power?

Post by Brand X mk2 »

I'm guessing the answer is no, but I was wondering if it's possible to control USB powered vibrators at all from a PC or laptop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs-nXZgNsYo
Sergio

Re: USB bullet vibrators - possible to control power?

Post by Sergio »

Not easily. It might be possible to control the power to the USB outlet from software but it would likely be hardware (make and model) specific. Although it means some delicate cutting and soldering, hacking a standard USB cable and interposing a USB or Arduino/ESP/RPi/other SBC controlled relay would be easier. But then the fact that it's USB is no advantage so you might as well buy your choice of considerably cheaper standard vibrator with the usual 2.5mm jack cable and wire that up.

I see that the iSex is advertised as 'TSA approved' and my mind is boggling at what that might mean.
geekcdbdsm

Re: USB bullet vibrators - possible to control power?

Post by geekcdbdsm »

I think these devices are very simple inside. Probably a capacitor and a diode connected to Vcc/Gnd wires of USB. They can be converted onto a PC-controlled very easy. Even if you are not electronics engineer or programmer (although both skills will be required).
Just take arduino and some "dc-motor shield" or relay. Connect everything properly and write a simple program to on/off motor via serial port commands. There are tons of examples for such setups. Good luck:)