A fun idea for any WOW players

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Quest

A fun idea for any WOW players

Post by Quest »

OK soo.

I was on Tumblr today and I saw a post about healer sluts, and how unrealistic they are. Since most healers are the pissed off people in a game.

It have me a fun idea, what if someone where to make a mod for WOW where successfully healing activated a vib, and letting someone die activated a punishment.

What do people think? I haven't really put more thought into it then that. I would probably see if I could get the mod to send some kind of basic traffic to a piece, or ardino to control the vib, and ether a shock and/or a time out for the vib as the punishment.
Jadit

Re: A fun idea for any WOW players

Post by Jadit »

WoW addons don't allow much of anything outside of the "how the game looks". Running third party software is out of question. I guess at most it could keep updating its own config file, but then you'd need a separate program to monitor that.
MuffinMcMuffin

Post by MuffinMcMuffin »

Jadit wrote:WoW addons don't allow much of anything outside of the "how the game looks". Running third party software is out of question. I guess at most it could keep updating its own config file, but then you'd need a separate program to monitor that.
I'm not a WOW player, but reading a file on disk is trivial, and is in my experience the quick and dirty way of getting programs to talk to one another. All you'd need is some code to read the contents of a file every 5 seconds and check for a particular change. The much harder question is an automatic trigger that applies when a particular event happens in-game. Unless WOW for some reason has an API that lets you track things like party death, I can't see how you'd overcome that issue
Ms Muffin McMuffin
Eskchan

Post by Eskchan »

It wouldn't need to be a add-on for WOW. Rather, it could be a listener. Any half-way decent online game allows you to output your combat log as file to use with parsers etc to analyse your group during raids. Never played WOW but played SWTOR and use Starparse for raids there. I'd be suprised if WOW didn't have that functionality.

The programm could work like one such parser, where it parses your HPS and at certain thresholds rewards or punishes you. That way, you could even make it compatible with a lot of MMO's rather than just WOW alone.

That should be fairly easy to do. You'd just have to have the programm running in the background while you play.