Blowjob Trainer Hardware FAQ

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Tenderfoot88

Blowjob Trainer Hardware FAQ

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

My intent with this topic is to bring put all of the hardware concerns relating to the various Blowjob Trainer projects together. If you're having software related issues, including compatibility between your webcam and a specific program, it doesn't belong here. Physical setup concerns, like camera positioning and dildo color, on the other hand, don't really vary between the projects, so I figured it might be wiser to have everything in one place.

As far as I'm aware, there's currently 2 variants of this kind of program available. (The various versions of the original project by qwerty212 and MasterDisaster are pretty much abandoned at this point). I have 5 hardware questions for people who use these programs effectively:

1: How do you position yourself and the dildo? (which way is the dildo pointing, and what position are you using to access it.) And is this personal preference, or something you've decided on based on how the program works?

2: Where do you position the camera? I'm assuming underneath (pointing at your chin) is not viable because of the presence of your torso and the lighting issues that would cause, but is there any preference regarding side, top or diagonal angles?

3: What color dildo do you find works best? Does it have anything to do with hair color?

4: How do you get the lighting conditions right? Do you find a normal room light to be sufficient, or do you find a light source needs to be included in the setup?

5: What kind of webcam do you use? I know some of the older devices, particularly on the cheap side of the market, had major frame rate issues when significant movement occurred within the frame, which would interfere with the color detection. Is this still an issue?
johns1234

Re: Blowjob Trainer Hardware FAQ

Post by johns1234 »

I can answer some of your questions and the answers apply to either software.

1) I have tried it either way on a table pointing upwards and mounted to a wall pointing sideways. The only concern with a wall mounted dildo, pointing sideways, is if the dildo is too "floppy". In either program you setup the camera to recognize the top area, middle area, and deep area of the dildo. If it is too soft, then the floppy top area may bounce out of the area you have defined in the program to be recognized. Aside from this it is personal preference how you like it.

2) I would recommend to mount the camera on the side, so it is looking at the side of your face and can see the whole length of the dildo. That way the camera can clearly see your "progress" when going down.

3) The color of the dildo should be clearly distinguishable from the background and your face (and hair it falls in the way - if you mount the camera on the side it should not matter as the camera would see your cheek covering the dildo. So if you are white, don't use a white realistic looking dildo as the program will have a hard time distinguishing the dildo color from your skin color. Colored dildos work best (red, purple, ...).

4) Lighting itself is only an issue if it changes significantly. You can setup in both programs a tolerance level to recognize colors to cover minor changes. But lets say you setup everything with light from above and set the camera colors to recognize and then you block out all the light with your body hovering over your setup then this can pose a problem. A good way is to have a light behind the camera pointing towards the dildo with the camera mounted on the side as described before. A window works too as this is light from the side - however do not do longer sessions that you setup just before dusk ;)

5) You can pretty much use any webcam that works with Windows. Compatibility issues happen mostly with cameras which are not straightforward "plug and play", e.g. network cameras, cameras from smart phones somehow channeled through to work with an extra driver or extra software. All webcams these days have a sufficient resolution, so no worries about that - the cheapest one you can buy today will work.
DL6684

Post by DL6684 »

1) I find that if I get the camera close directly 90 degrees (so you you a profile view), it's easy to avoid the floppy dildo issue. Make the color checker smaller than the dildo, so if it does flop it's ok. Also, I do turn on any lighting around me to help with shadows.

2) I find doing it from the side is best.

3) make sure it sticks out...I have a shade of red walls in one room, so the fake red on a dildo sometimes would confuse it. Any lighter shade dildo in there is fine, a white room, a darker dildo would do well. Just make sure to compensate for shadows.

4) already mentioned, but you can't go wrong with lights...just make sure you test the lighting with you in position and taking it in your mouth, you could block a light and cast a shadow and not realize it.

5). I used the Mac webcam on a laptop with it running in Windows (parallels). It worked well.
Explorer

Post by Explorer »

I would give it a try but just tel me where can i download software
Explorer

Post by Explorer »

I have tried many post and download sites...but nowhere to find download link....every link just missind ir deleted file or its just stuck and have to do out from that site
..can someone give me real direction to software or something that realy does work...other software like motion detector or sounds will came realy good....thanks guys and ladies...
johns1234

Post by johns1234 »

Just look in this forum in the right thread:
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =60#p74718