SBBJT 0.1

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

johns1234

Re: SBBJT 0.1

Post by johns1234 »

That sounds good. I did not get to look into the program much further yet and also ... I am behind version-wise, lol. So I am looking forward to making it a real shared project.
One of the things I did testing with is making a fixed exposure as the variable exposure can cause problems if light conditions change, so there needs to be a setting for it.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I started playing with GitLab yesterday and think I've got it setup now. Should be next couple of days but as force Awakens has just been released tonight's development may be limited.

Getting v close to being able to present a v0.2. List of outstanding tasks is currently:
Encryption on configuration
Job configuration form
Adding some fields to the xml
Adding some min times to start delays
A 10s get ready notification.
A 5s automatic "Set Colours"
A couple of other UI fluffing up.
Making the master zone scaleable to resolution
Tool tips

Getting happy with how the branch is going and already getting the list for v0.3 started :) may delay some of the above for v0.3. Will be good to get feedback and others perspectives as well. Developers are always convinced everything they think of is excellent :)
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Hey everyone

I've just done a release of the Phoenix BJ Trainer (SBBJT 0.2) here: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 28&t=10227.

If Johns1234 is happy with what I've done and likes the direction I've gone we can remerge into a collaborative project going forward. Branch above is on GitLab now.

Hope you all like

Phoenix
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

In the original post:
johns1234 wrote:EdimaxPlug - program to turn on/off Edimax power plugs in your WIFI
Can't figure out what this is (I've never really had an opportunity to delve deep into the hardware side of computing). At first I was thinking of it triggering some kind of wired power thing like the 2 power wires in a USB port, but then I remembered that RJ-45s are supposed to be wired for pure data. Then I reread the line and realized I was completely off because RJ-45s are LAN, not WIFI. Now I'm thinking of that TED talk about wireless charging (put a phone on a table and its battery charges because it's on the table that's wired for it). But I know it's not that - you wouldn't be running that off a wireless antenna..hell, you'd probably want to consider putting your computer in a Faraday cage if you got such a thing.

Can anyone explain in relatively little words ( :P ) what these are?
johns1234

Post by johns1234 »

Tenderfoot88 wrote:In the original post:
johns1234 wrote:EdimaxPlug - program to turn on/off Edimax power plugs in your WIFI
Can anyone explain in relatively little words ( :P ) what these are?
There are simple home automation products like power switches and power plugs which can be controlled over WIFI. Usually there is a proprietary app that comes with it so that you can control it via your phone. The program included in the ZIP file can control an Edimax powerplug and switch it on or off via the command line.

http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-Wi-Fi-Ener ... B00N4OBJAO
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

As Johns1234 has said.

The edimax is an out the box solution to switching external mains power plugs. The edimaxplug program allows you to setup the trainer to trigger a particular plug in response to an event within the program.

There are several alternatives as well available depending on your electrical savy. If you feel you are competent to wire up basic low voltage circuits you could look to use a usb relay card like:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SainSmart-8-C ... xyVX1RyVXY
This has the positive of being able to independantly switch 8 circuits but the negative of you having to wire it yourself. It can switch mains voltages as well (240v upto 10A) but unless you are competent or qualified to wire mains voltage it's best not to play with the mains.

Personally I'm using the usb card and I'm loving the lightning quick response time of the relays triggering. Eventual setup will likely be a mix of low voltage 12v circuits (motors and pumps) and mains voltage plug in devices
soapsuds11

Post by soapsuds11 »

Love this had a quick try last night. Is it possible to change the code to configure if the dildo is horizontal instead of vertical. I know you would have to use a fildo that didn't sag to make it work. Otherwise would have to turn laptop on its side and then cd open would not drop keys
johns1234

Post by johns1234 »

soapsuds11 wrote:Love this had a quick try last night. Is it possible to change the code to configure if the dildo is horizontal instead of vertical. I know you would have to use a fildo that didn't sag to make it work. Otherwise would have to turn laptop on its side and then cd open would not drop keys
There is no code change required for this in this early version or in Phoenix's newest one. Just move the zones so that they are horizontal instead of vertical and you have what you want.