Computer Controlled Shocking.

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Electroo

Computer Controlled Shocking.

Post by Electroo »

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking at this site now for quite some time and I've seen some nice creations passing by! Lately I have an idea that I can't really get off my mind.

I'd like to, as the title might already tell you guys, create some computer controlled shocking device. I have an idea, however I know pretty much nothing about all this programming stuff. I did some labview programming with in/out put and those things, but that's it and it's probably not even relevant.

The idea is to buy a standard product for example (http://www.pipedreamproducts.com/showde ... =PD3725-01). Make a cut in one of the wires and insert a relay in that gap. I onlw have no idea how much this relay will influence the signals going to the shock part and which relay to pick up and how to operate/progam it.

I think with some tips from you guys to get me going I would be okay to make it. So I would like it if there were some people to review this idea and point me in the right direction.

Thank you for reading, have a great day!
Dark_Lizerd

Re: Computer Controlled Shocking.

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Well, you did find the right place...
One word... "Arduino"
Around here it seems to be the controller device of choice...
It is easy to program...
Has several in/out functions...
Has accessories for controlling higher current devices...
Maybe, it could even be controlled by labview...
It has a built-in CPU so it can be programmed for just about anything...

As for the relay, the contacts should not change how the device work...
Other than on/off...
The Arduino will power the coil, but that may require a MOSFET accessory to handle the current for the relay.
I have seen, and worked with miniature relays, about the size of an IC, that should be able to handle the "shock part"
and not be a drain on the Arduino. (Don't know where they could be found :( )

OK, I checked out your link...
It looks kinda like a version of the Icy hot pain relieving shocking device... (I got one)
(A mini-Tens to provide the shock...)
For best effect, you should control all the functions, not just on/off.
Hmmm $85 marked down to $54...
A true Tens may be better, (but not portable, I think) and have more functions, but I don't know where you could get the
conductive bands...

OK... With the Arduino and MOSFET you should be able to vary the output from low to high, provide a ramp up and ramp down output...
In short, duplicate the handheld controller... Just put the output to full on steady and the Arduino could control the rest...
So, that's the hardware...
Software... look for the vibe control demo on the site here...
Then you would be set...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

If you want more control, I can recommend the E-Stim audio unit. Basically it transforms any soundsource into electricity. By recording a drumtrack or program a sound generator you can power the e-stim. If you go a bit further and use a sequencer program with a VSTi, you can literally create any kind of sensation. I've been able to create the feeling of being cut by a knife through electricity. A truly weird and unique form of estim which has worry all over my face, yet is totally harmless, and only the cut is felt, no pain after the cut.

Choosing this option does mean it will be a little bit expensive and may not be as portable as you want, but in return you will have lots of flexibility, but it depends on what you want.

I've recorded a 1h soundtrack which will become increasingly painful as the "program" progresses. It is a cycle of 15 minutes and then repeated 4 times where each time the intensity is raised. Through one cycle it goes from soft to hard too with various types of stimulation. Mostly pulses, but also a few that'll stimulate all over the place in short bursts. They're too short to cause an orgasm, but if you're really horny, the first few pulses will already allow you to orgasm. :P

I've placed the soundtrack on my phone, and hooked it to the unit, so in a way it is portable. Just a little big.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Electroo

Post by Electroo »

Thank you for your extensive replies! The ideas are really cool - as far as I can follow them with my limited knowledge. However my budget and time is limited for this project so I would like to keep it simple. Or atleast for now :).

Plus, as far as I know, relais don't add current/voltage to the signal, so it's also safer for me than to just use the signals supplied by the handheld box that comes with the electro parts. I talked with some guy from a store that sells simple usb 2 channel relais, he says that for that type there are programms that can be downloaded to switch it on/off. So then I only would have to cut one wire and put the relais in between right? Or am I missing out on something here? If you guys are interested I can post photo's of it once I'm busy working on it. (altough the project is not that extensive compared to other projects around here)
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Admitting you don't know something is the first step in learning something...

Yes... as a simple answer, yes...
Just cut a wire that sends the signal to one of the loops, and connect one side to the "C" (common) contact,
and the other side to "NO" (Normally open).
Then, when the relay is energized, (turned on) it will close and the shock will go through...
Unless, you want to be shocked, and have the relay turn off the shock, then
you would connect to the "NC" (Normally closed).
Then it will worked the other way around.
There will be a "+" and "-"...
+ to positive,
- to negative...
Your control board will connect here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

!WARNING AHEAD! READ ME
It has been said before but I want to stress this more: Playing with electricity if you are not knowing exactly what you are doing is very dangarous.

TENS units are designed to only work when the electrodes are already are applied to the skin, and they will send the first signals with an onramp curve to prevent the nerve endings from being over stimulating. With setting a continuous stream on at will, it is possible that a high setting on the TENS unit can exceed a limit, causing injury.

It is the same with heat/cold. You do not get burns from heat or cold. You get burns from the temperature difference. If this difference is applied graduately, you can exceed limitations you cannot if it goes fast. You risk the same thing with attempting what you are about to do.

Basically the nerves/muscles could contract/expand faster than they should causing them to cause cramps or worse. With continue e-stim it can mean a trip to the E-R.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Electroo

Post by Electroo »

Thank you for that information. That's why it's also better to just go with the relay and the standard handheld electricity box that comes with the shocking device.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I am afraid you misunderstood the warning.

The original "pattern" the TENS-unit sends contains a ramp-up at the start of each wave. That is to prevent cramps, nerve damage etc.
If you simply cut a wire and place a relay or MOSFET or any other switch in line here's what may happen in chronological order:

1) The relay is open, thus there's no contact between the electrode and the unit and thus no current going through your tissue. Up to now, everything's fine but boring.
2) The TENS unit attempts to supply any pattern to the electrodes while the relay IS STILL OPEN.

From now on a worst case scenario:

3) The relay closes directly after the ramp signal got lost, but before the pattern is completely over. You receive the maximum output right away.
That may lead to severe nerve damage plus potential impact injuries due to uncontrolled and uncontrollable muscle contraction.

I honestly believe that the potential risk that is caused by this setup exceeds the potential benefits by far.
Thus I'd strongly advise to NOT attempt to use the setup you described / asked for.

Just my 2ct,
regards

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Electroo

Post by Electroo »

Yes I understood. But I'm not using a tens unit? My supply will be a small handheld device as shown in the link I provided. It is powered by a small (really small) battery. Or does this also apply when using this?
Electroo

Post by Electroo »

Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm here to get advice from people that clearly know alot more about this then I do ^^
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Electroo wrote:Yes I understood. But I'm not using a tens unit? My supply will be a small handheld device as shown in the link I provided. It is powered by a small (really small) battery. Or does this also apply when using this?
Don't under-estimate the power of a small battery power device...
I posted a story here, some where, but I couldn't find it, about a guy that bought his wife a small Taser...
the story is funny, and maybe true...

Maybe, instead of cutting the output wire, you found a way to turn the device on/off...
Maybe with an external battery, and stitch that on/off...

You're in luck...
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=1258
It was on the old site, but this is the updated link...
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

If You really want to test the power of electricity, do (no, DON'T do it!) what I've done:
- take small transformer (220V/5V) or ferite PSU transformer.
- take one AAA battery
- touch the battery on the secondary coil (5V, heavy gauge) while the primary coil touches Your skin (thigh?)

Report back the results...

Have fun, play smart!
f4
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

The small device you have IS a TENS unit. So it applies to that as well.

Here's a spectral image of a TENS unit's waveform:

If you watch closely, you see that the vertical line is not entirely vertical, but has a steep curve. If you would cut the power, that line would be vertical, and that would provide with a shock that the system can't respond well to. It'll be able to receive maybe one or two shocks, but the more shocks you give, the less time your body has to recover making a shock going to be causing serious injury.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

@OP,you said "It is powered by a small (really small) battery. Or does this also apply when using this?".
think about this.most 500,000 volt tazers are powered by 2 AA bateries.
lj

Post by lj »

There are some interesting issues with the supply of electricity, and most people have absolutely no idea !

You can hold both terminals of a truck starter battery (200AmpHour capacity) in complete safety.

You can do the same with a Violet Wand supplying about 50,000 volts.

('elf n safety warning - don't do it if you have a pacemaker or heart defect)

The truck battery can supply perhaps 500 amps, but as it is at a voltage of 24volts, your body resistance keeps the current going through your body to a few milliamps. The violet wand has a very high output voltage, but its internal resistance limits the current flow to, you've guessed it, a few milliamps. A few milliamps is safe.

A rechargeable AA battery can supply a hundred or so amps into a short circuit; the truck battery, thousands - until something explodes or melts.

You can charge a capacitor to several thousand volts using an AA battery and some simple electronics. If the capacitor is small enough, this will produce a nice spark and make you jump If the capacitor is big enough, the spark will stun you. If it is really big, you will die. Here we have the progression from safe to lethal. High voltage, but a very small stored charge (flyswat), bigger stored charge at same voltage (taser) biggest stored charge at same voltage (death)

It all comes down to Ohms Law....... Volts = amps x ohms

High voltage and High resistance = low current

there is an old electrician's saying "it's the volts that jolts, but the mills (milliamps) that kills"

on another subject in this thread, and my apologies to Slave_L - I'm not picking on you !!! - the rise-time of a square wave as shown in the previous post is insignificant in reducing the effect of the pulse. The only way it could have a valid effect in smoothing the muscle response would be if the rise-time was measured in seconds, not milliseconds, and then it wouldn't stimulate the muscle at all!. Also bear in mind that most TENS are pulsing in the range .5 -200Hz.

There is no doubt that a sudden arrival of a pulse train of a certain amplitude is much more painful than the same pulse train running continuously. This is because the body interprets a continuous stimulation as "background" (acclimatisation), even if it is uncomfortable, whilst the sudden arrival stimulates a fear response to ready the body for "fight or flight" which makes it much more noticeable(painful). Also, a continuous nerve stimulation depleted the neurones' energy supplies, so they fire less efficiently or even stop firing, so the apparent pain input reduces. And then there is the natural production of opiates like the endorphins that we masochists so enjoy :D
be a switch, double the fun :-)