Computer Controlled Shocking.

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Electroo

Re: Computer Controlled Shocking.

Post by Electroo »

Wow, that such a simple question can lead to such an interesting read ^^. But in the end, is it safe to give the relay a try? (And with safe I mean : "are the risks low enough to go for it?").
lj

Post by lj »

Apologies, Electroo, for the thread diversion, but having spent 30-odd years as an Electronics Engineer, I'm always a bit concerned when people get involved with electrickery when they don't know what they are doing.

IMHO a relay is fine - separate either wire with the open contacts of the relay, when the relay energises whatever current there is will flow from the TENS etc.to the circuit, ie YOU!

Bear in mind that if you set the pulse amplitude by winding it up from zero to your chosen level, it will feel much stronger when it is applied unexpectedly (see my previous post) I guarantee this from personal experience!!!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Electroo wrote:Wow, that such a simple question can lead to such an interesting read ^^. But in the end, is it safe to give the relay a try? (And with safe I mean : "are the risks low enough to go for it?").
The simple answer is maybe, we are not sure if you can do it safely. If used wrong, there is too much risk! As long as a person is careful to start at a lower power setting (half or more, minimum power is best) than when you use it without the relay, the risk is very low.

It is possible to purchase remote e-stim devices which output a sudden jolt like what the relay will do. In both instances, be careful to never set the power level too high! You will need to test it to find the right power setting by starting low and going progressively higher. Too much at once is a huge risk, too high of a risk to go near. When used properly, they are great fun. One mistake though (too much of a jolt) and the emergency department will be having the fun.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Electroo

Post by Electroo »

I have tested it a few minutes ago. Instead of cutting the wiring I decided to take the battery out of the unit and just extend it with wires to the relay.

Result: No damaged product and the pulses aren't generated all the time, because the battery is disconnected. When the battery is connected it will "start" with pulsing, I tested it on my hand and there is a small pause of around 300-500 ms (guessed) before the device starts putting out the pulses. This also would indicate that I'm not at risk of receiving a pulse without ramp. Anyways, it shocked as usual, couldn't feel any difference when using it with or without relay.

If people are interested in a photo I can share that. If people are reading this that are interested in making this: it's really easy make, even I can do it :p.
merlot_vin

Post by merlot_vin »

I would like to see a wiring diagram, as I am a bit still confused about relays. I thought a relay would have a separate power supply from the primary electrostim circuit. Arduino instructs relay to close and allow current on another circuit...thus low power relays can control high power devices ?? As relays are electromagnets, I understand you can have fail-open or fail-close ?
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

merlot_vin wrote:I would like to see a wiring diagram, as I am a bit still confused about relays. I thought a relay would have a separate power supply from the primary electrostim circuit. Arduino instructs relay to close and allow current on another circuit...thus low power relays can control high power devices ?? As relays are electromagnets, I understand you can have fail-open or fail-close ?
Yes...

"+" and "-" power the relay to turn it on and off... Low voltage, like 12 VDC, to energize the relay and close the contacts...
"C" is the common connection, it will connect to "NC" or "NO", and is seperate from the low voltage input.
"NC" is the normaly closed contact. this is closed then the relay is turned off...
"NO" is the normally open contact, open untill the relay is turned on, then it closes which opens the NC connection...
NC and NO will never connect together... unless the relay is mechanicaly damaged... then it will not work again...
The C, NC, and NO are the load contacts and can carry higher voltage and higher currents and do not connect to the
low voltage side.
Relay.jpg
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Rpzor

Post by Rpzor »

Hi.

This is my first post here (will put something in the introduction later). I wanted to ask about an idea I got reading this topic and, because I feel its very close to this subject, I just want to continue this one.

I have a Fetish Fantasy electro unit (the one with the display running on two AAA batteries) and I want to be able to control the intensity by a Arduino to enhance my selfbondage sessions. Because this unit has no other input than buttons and (while being an electric engineer) I dont feel Im qualyfied to do any modyfications to the unit itself, I come up with an idea: Insert a wire extension between my electrodes (mostly my penis harness) and the unit. The extension would be connected via an electronic board with relays operated by an Arduino. Two resistors would be connected in series with the wire leading from the unit to the electrode while each relay would bridge each resistor. I know relays dont change the signal shape or add any "filtering effects", same as resistors, which only decrease the intensity level. I do acknowledge that there is nothing like an ideal resistor and that some deformation to the signal might happen, however I think this is negligible.

The idea is that because some of the power would be dissipated in the resistors, not In me, I would be able to go to a higher setting on the unit, while still keeping it just around comfortable levels. The program would be in standby with relays closed for some time, that I would be able to calmly complete my selfbondage and than it would be switching on the relays via random number generating. This would change the intensity level and give me a feel of uncertainity and enhance the experience itself.

So far I was using the slow strobe function. This is a 25second pulse followed by a 10 second off time. During the off time I went to a level I knew was close to my limit and tried to bond my self quickly. Sometimes it worked, sometimes I wasnt fast enough and than I would turn it down quickly. Anyways even if it worked, I was stuck with the same intensity for the rest of the play. So the problem was that while in the beginning it was very painfull, at the end it was ok. Or I didnt go high enough and in the beginning it wasnt the experience I wnated and in the and it was only slightly annoying.

Things I have considered so far:
- A problem might be switching on after the unit has made the ramp up to not damage my muscles/penis - My unit automaticly goes off if it doesnt pass current in the on state. So even if I wanted this state for some reason, it wont work.
- I have timed the pulses with stopwatch and created my Arduino program so that the intensity changes only in the off state. This should mean that the power unit is either passing the current through the resistors or bypassing them. No sudden changes in current level while in operation that could potentially damage the unit as (I assume) it was not intended for switching under load.
- Even if I mess up the Arduino program and end at the maximum pain level through the entire play, the unit it self has a amaximum 15min timer and I can only get what I asked for anyway.
- I will not do any changes whatsoever to the power unit as I feel its beyond my level of expertise.
- And of course all the other things that come with selfbondage and electro (use only below waist, have at least two additional relase methods in case of problems, etc.). Ive actually palyed with this unit for several year now, slowly pushing the limits while learning how to push them for it to be a pleasurable experience.

What I would like is your opinion on this idea. While I do believe in my skills and my analysis of the problem, I think electricity should be respected (especially if I am planning to shock my self while being bound). Because of this I registered here to ask for any advice, whether is for safety, to mention what I have neglected or another enhancment of the experience.

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad language, I am not a English speaker.