Sleeping while in bondage

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Keyless

Re: Sleeping while in bondage

Post by Keyless »

Sorry it's taken a while to reply. In the picture, the straps for the wrists are at the top. The straps for the feet are at the bottom. There are a couple of things that might have confused you.

The cuffs are just pieces of the same webbing strap. There is no adjustment. They are made to measure. That way I can be sure they will be neither too tight (cutting off circulation etc) or too loose (insecure). The wrist cuffs have little loops in the ends of the strap. A small padlock passed through the loops closes the cuff.

The foot cuffs are similar except that they have the buckles that clip together. There is no need for these to lock as I can't reach them once my wrists are locked up.

The cuffs are at the right hand side in the picture.

The other end of each set of straps has a loop on the end. At the head end, this loop is passed through the ring on the emergency release device, then the cuffs and straps are passed back through the loop to secure it. The same is done around a bar at the foot end of the bed. The picture shows the straps as if they had been secured to an imaginary ring or bar.

Some better cuffs are on my list of projects.
Ano

Post by Ano »

Thank you, like this i get it.
Nice setup.
For every night it's lovely, but i would still prefer, and recommend something stricter at least sometimes.
In wich you would need to either fight for few hours to be relese yourself in to a more confortable position.
Or you can just stay, and ejnoy a motionless night.
My dream was long time ago to be in a tie from wich i can escape but only after very long fights.
Like weaker zipties, weak string, a litte bit of tape around it. a handcuff wich i have to pick lock. At my back ofc.
And so one. but ofc for this i would need a very dedicated assistant to get me in.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

I have a setup now that's pretty similar to the straps that Keyless uses. I have a ratchet strap that goes under my bed. it cant move easily because the mattress is so heavy, but I still added an eyehook that I could lock the tie down to, this prevents me from moving the strap to the side of the bed and being able to reach the keys above me.

i use my leather ankle cuffs and my steel wrist shackles and connect them together with a piece of chain. i bought two 14" pieces from tractor supply, one connects my ankle cuffs directly, while for the wrist shackles, i double the chain up to make its length half and then padlock it to my shackles with small master locks. i then use a 4 digit combo lock to connect the wrist chain to the ratchet strap hook at the top of the bed as an emergency release incase the cd tray opener fails for some reason. i just have to leave the light remote next to my hand so that the combo lock can be used in an emergency.

i can get almost the same sleeping position as i normally sleep in with this setup, so its very comfortable, just a little restrictive and i cant leave the bed.

the chain makes a bit of noise, not too much, but just enough to make me worry that my parents might hear it. lol :oops:

previously, i have only done this during the weekend so it didn't matter if i sleep or not (it can be such a distraction being chained up when your trying to sleep). but last night i decided to try it again, but this time i used earplugs so i couldn't hear the chain rattling. IT WORKED! i managed to get a better nights sleep than i usually do, sleeping without any bondage!

one thing i learned about this though, don't have the keys fall near your head! at one point, i was dreaming that i hit my head on a chandelier like i usually do when im working and there is a low hanging one in the house. i could even remember the feeling of getting hit in the head, then when i woke up, i realized that it must have been the keys that came down and hit me in the head! LOL :lol:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Ano

Post by Ano »

Keyless wrote:
TdAdvtrs wrote:I get it, Kinda of cool how being restrained like that, at least in me, creates that like tranquility and feeling safe, self bondage is a trip but not the same as having a keeper.
I have seen a few posts where people have said that they find bondage relaxing. I certainly do. I have to be sure that the only ways out are the intended release or the emergency release, otherwise I turn my mind to escaping rather than relaxing. Also, yes, there is something special about having the right keeper in charge.

I feel the same, if there's absolutly no way out then it's a hole diferent storry.
I love to fight to get free, going on for hours, or trough a whole night.
But if there's no way, and so no reason, then it's relaxing. I think i'll set up a small scenario with timed relase ands only handcuffs, and to be as comfortable as possible.
Sounds like a good idea.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Mistress K continues to keep me in bondage overnight (see posts in this thread). Unless I am told otherwise, I assume that I should lock myself down to the bed overnight. To make sure I don’t “forget”, I now have the pillow shown in the photo. Its hard to ignore and ensures that I have no excuse.

I am wondering whether other people have items to provide a reminder of some bondage commitment or promise.

I guess it could be a picture or an item. Possibly jewellery or perhaps something that appears on a computer or phone.

Of course it could be a reminder to get into bondage, or get someone else into bondage.

pillow.jpg
Ano

Post by Ano »

Keyless wrote:Mistress K continues to keep me in bondage overnight (see posts in this thread). Unless I am told otherwise, I assume that I should lock myself down to the bed overnight. To make sure I don’t “forget”, I now have the pillow shown in the photo. Its hard to ignore and ensures that I have no excuse.

I am wondering whether other people have items to provide a reminder of some bondage commitment or promise.

I guess it could be a picture or an item. Possibly jewellery or perhaps something that appears on a computer or phone.

Of course it could be a reminder to get into bondage, or get someone else into bondage.

pillow.jpg
I have a blindfold on my bed, well i love it anyway, it's usefull.
Plus handcuffs are always under my pillow.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Ano wrote:
Nice one. Just be careful not to handcuff yourself to the bed then find you left the key on the dressing table.

I find it a bit of a turn on just to have bits of bondage gear lying around. I have bits of old kit in the workshop, suitably dismantled so visitors won't know what they were. I had the barrel from my forced swimming lock until recently (http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =11&t=9027). I hope it turns up.

Mistress K is of like mind these days. I usually tidy up the bondage gear if we go away. When we returned last time Mistress K said "where is my whip? I want it here where we can see it." She was pointing to a little table beside her bed.

There wasn't much response to my last post, so maybe others don't think that way.
Ano

Post by Ano »

Keyless wrote:
Ano wrote:
Nice one. Just be careful not to handcuff yourself to the bed then find you left the key on the dressing table.

I find it a bit of a turn on just to have bits of bondage gear lying around. I have bits of old kit in the workshop, suitably dismantled so visitors won't know what they were. I had the barrel from my forced swimming lock until recently (http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =11&t=9027). I hope it turns up.

Mistress K is of like mind these days. I usually tidy up the bondage gear if we go away. When we returned last time Mistress K said "where is my whip? I want it here where we can see it." She was pointing to a little table beside her bed.

There wasn't much response to my last post, so maybe others don't think that way.
I'am generaly very affraid of being cuffed to a bed or to anything if i am alone.
Once i handcuffed my self to the bed, but the cuffs where connected to the bed with ziptes. And i had both of the kitchen safes there, one with the keys, the other with a cutter.
Both the cutter, and a key where tied with a rope to the bed so once the safes opened i could just pull them up and open the cuffs, or cut the zipties.
Worked perfectly, but i was still affraid of getting stuck.
And i am still kind of affraid to repeat it.
But at the same time being in a hogtie where i can't move at all, my whole freedom is that i can move my fingers is totaly fine.
Strange :)
I'am still planing to get a pai of leather cuffs.
But a good one is around 40-100 pounds, so it must wait.
Oh and my staff, at least the most of it is stored in the kitchen safes, under my bed, ready for instalment.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Just slept a night in this "Black Double Layer Zenshin Body Bag with Inner Sleeves"
http://www.hautengshop.de/index.php?mai ... ts_id=4305
It was a bit hot night so i didn't keep the hood on though. Instead i locked 1 belt around neck, and then locked zipper to it. As for the sleeves, i turned them inside out and knotted the fingers to eachother (thumbs just a knot), then turned them over again so they were like mittens. These sleeves (like long gloves) are thin and only tied to the suit from shoulder level, so they have alot of movement. Is possible to put hands to them while inside, and getting out aswell. Had zippers key hanging from nearby closet. Anyway, another well rested night done :wink:
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I'm used to sleeping in bondage, but I'm not sure I could manage anything as restrictive as that. Well done. Were you on a bed or on the floor?
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Bed. But i had backup, i could reach to scissors on the floor from neck hole. Or so far once that i've locked the 2 zippers while hood is on, i had small metal ring connecting the 2 small locks (smaller than most locks you see around, enough to go through a 1.5mm hole). I can open the zippers wide enough to reach a whole arm out if need. But as for trying to break it by stretching, that's impossible i think. Double layered spandex feels tighter than normal, but still bends a lot when forced to. When weathers start getting colder now i'll definitely have some nights with hood on too. It's also not as hot when putting arms inside the sleeves. Skin contact itself makes heat.
mattinva

Post by mattinva »

I've been working with Sleep Bondage for quite a while. I sleep naked in a modified fetal position with a couple of pillows between my legs while I hug a larger firm pillow. It matters not whether I sleep alone or with a partner. So far my cuffs have been limited to two styles. Actual handcuffs and Autumn's Sub Shop best ankle, wrist, etc.. I found the handcuffs/leg irons have two major disadvantages for me. Noise and long term comfort... They were never intended to be quiet or comfortable and they don't disappoint. The Sub-Shop's ankle and wrist cuffs cover too much skin, they have a tendency to get hot for me, and all of those extra rings make a ton of noise. They wake me up, and worse, they wake her up. Granted she is too sweet to say much, however, she has a long day and I do not want to take away from her rest. I almost asked her to REALLY cane me HARD for waking her up, however, I figured that would come across like a cheap bid to play at 3 A.M.... :whip: Hence I just felt bad and took off the offending rattling and clinking hardware.

The upside, I sincerely hope, is that I was talking to my cousin who is an RN a few weeks ago. Let's just say I was her younger "Let's play Doctor patient many moons ago" and I got my first thrill from bondage when SHE tied me up as a kid. She was hitting early puberty while I was a few years off(though I get no credit for that when she recalls the size of manhood). She was older, and stronger than I was at the time, and her skills with rope are not to be sneezed at... Still have a thing for older dominant women... We have few secrets from on another and I happened to mention how bad I felt about keeping my schmoopie from getting a good night's sleep due to my light bondage kink. (She's a Pharmacist and needs to be alert if anyone does.) At any rate my cousin drug all of the details out of me, and after laughing a little, made a suggestion. She said that if I really wanted to be securely LOCKED in ankle and wrist cuffs, that were quiet, comfortable, and SECURE, that I actually consider medical grade restraints. She told me of them having to restrain huge guys coming off a bad drug trip and NEVER in her 20 years plus(from being a candy striper) had she seen them escape the real deal restraints IF they were properly attached to the bed. She said they came in various grades and they best were key locking. To make a long story shorter she looked at a new sealed wrist and ankle set and wrote down specs and texted it to me. "Posey 2216 Crisis Kit". Thanked her and started a couple of weeks of searching for the kit. Kicker is they have some brilliant federal law about not selling it without a Doctor's Prescription. Ordered from two online dealers, who had nada about a scrip on the site, to receive a phone call requiring one or canceling the order. Finally found a work around.

I'm going to find out tonight if I can sleep in them. ONLY concern is hitting one of her delicate legs with the big heavy duty stainless steel lock. That said I suspect if that happens, I won't have to ask her for a heavy duty spanking. I usually have to push her to carry it to tears. This lock box hits her little leg and it'll be mandatory... :whip:

In all seriousness I don't like to even think about hurting her even by accident. I need to come up with a way to cover the strap lock boxes.

Will let you know how it goes...

Matt.
mattinva

Post by mattinva »

Hello,
I slept 10 and 11 hours respectively with zero wake ups due to the ankle cuffs! The wrist cuffs change the dynamic a bit and will require some more experimenting...

I find the Posey Cuffs so comfortable, and comforting, that I often wear the ankle cuffs at my desk. I've noticed however that the sleeping fit and walking fit are two different things. Walking requires the cuff to fit a bit more snug whereas sleeping works best with the as advised two finger fit. Walking with the two finger fit leads to rubbing and sleaping with the walking fit leads to sweating and increased awareness of being locked down. At any rate they work very well when properly adjusteded... VERY secure...

The wrist cuffs make them a little too secure for the moment as I can't adjust the sheet of blanket if it creeps down. At any rate I really like them and feel very safe and secure with the ankle cuffs locked down and the tethers locked to the bed frame. Hard to explain but I suspect you know what I'm getting at...

Sweet Dreams, Matt.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

mattinva wrote:Hello,

The wrist cuffs make them a little too secure for the moment as I can't adjust the sheet of blanket if it creeps down. At any rate I really like them and feel very safe and secure with the ankle cuffs locked down and the tethers locked to the bed frame. Hard to explain but I suspect you know what I'm getting at...
Yes, I certainly know what you mean. I'm still being locked up at night. The amount of freedom I have is quite important. I have just enough freedom to let me sleep and pull up the bed covers but enough restraint to prevent me disturbing Mistress.

I have some new straps for the wrists, which are more restrictive. The webbing is a little thicker and better for the purpose than the previous version (see post above). Rather than each hand being attached to the bed head by a separate strap, my hands are now fastened together with an eight inch strap and the centre of that is attached to the bed head. The straps have been progressively shortened so that I am now held pretty much out straight. I can sleep comfortably but immediately become aware of the restraints restricting my freedom as soon as I wake. That's when I really know I'm in bondage. The other night I actually tried to get the cuffs off. I couldn't of course. I used to be tempted to creep in and lengthen the straps. Now they are locked to the bed and Mistress has the keys, so I can't.

We have reached a situation where Mistress really likes me locked in, and tightly, but sometimes I wish I could be free. Occasionally I'm let off if I look a bit tired or unwell. If I ask to be let off, the answer is always “no”. I might be allowed out later if there's obviously a problem. I would not even dream of refusing to get into bondage if Mistress tells me to. What happens really isn't my choice any more. We're both happy that way, so long may it continue.

Good luck to others working in this scenario. Be safe – we have three emergency devices. An alarmed release, so I can let myself out but not before Mistress is woken, a big pair of scissors on Mistress's bedside table and a phone within my reach.
RADER123

Post by RADER123 »

Keyless;
I once saw a post from a person who his mistress kept him chained
in a cage at the foot of her bed.
He crawled into the cage, legs shackled and hands cuffed behind his back.
He stayed that way all night.
He did say it took him about 3 months to be able to sleep the night.
Good luck with your nights.
Rader