Do Birthday Bondage Sessions Count?

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
napy666

Do Birthday Bondage Sessions Count?

Post by napy666 »

I was just thinking, let's say you and your partner hasn't had time to do a bondage session for a few months. Then they see it is your Birthday coming up and they figure, okay now is the right time to do this. Just because it is you know, you're BDay and all.

But do you find this to be fair or even count? Because it feels like a cheat, like you know that saying "It's your BDay we can do whatever you want or you can get whatever you want in terms of presents, gifts, etc."

To me, while this is anice idea I just don't find it fair or right lol. It should not count because come on, you couldn't make time for any other bondage session but on my BDay you just MAGICALLY make it happen like that? Come on now.....

Thoughts?
JIMDINI

Re: Do Birthday Bondage Sessions Count?

Post by JIMDINI »

napy666 wrote:To me, while this is anice idea I just don't find it fair or right lol. It should not count because come on, you couldn't make time for any other bondage session but on my BDay you just MAGICALLY make it happen like that? Come on now.....Thoughts?
Come on if you really enjoy bondage, any excuse :D
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

if its going to be special like that, maybe make it the whole weekend? :wink:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
sweh

Post by sweh »

napy666 wrote:To me, while this is anice idea I just don't find it fair or right lol. It should not count because come on, you couldn't make time for any other bondage session but on my BDay you just MAGICALLY make it happen like that? Come on now.....
So someone goes out of their way to do something special for you on your birthday and you're annoyed that they don't do it more frequently?

This sounds like you need to talk to your partner. Remember the first rule: communication. If your needs are not being met then does your partner _know_ this? Does your partner know you're not happy with the birthday special?

Discuss the situation with them. Don't assume they know your problem. Don't assume you know their problem.

Don't moan about it on a web forum; that won't solve anything.

Talk to them.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I agree with all of the above.

Sweh's post mostly, but the others just as much. Just do it, but also maybe talk about it if it bothers you.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

napy666 wrote: To me, while this is anice idea I just don't find it fair or right lol. It should not count because come on, you couldn't make time for any other bondage session but on my BDay you just MAGICALLY make it happen like that? Come on now.....

Thoughts?
No offence, but to me as an outsider, this sounds incredibly selfish and entitled. Be happy they CAN make time for a nice session, whatever the occasion. Help them enjoy it too and you might get something out of it. Or see if you can help your partner to lightrn the load so they have more time. Bondage requires being in the right mindset to enjoy it. Life has a way of getting in the way of that. Enjoy what you can get. If you are frustrated you can't get the sessions or time from your partner that you would LIKE (because nobody owes anything!) then talk to them about why they aren't getting around to it. See if there is something you can do to help them.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
napy666

Post by napy666 »

Gregovic wrote:
napy666 wrote: To me, while this is anice idea I just don't find it fair or right lol. It should not count because come on, you couldn't make time for any other bondage session but on my BDay you just MAGICALLY make it happen like that? Come on now.....

Thoughts?
No offence, but to me as an outsider, this sounds incredibly selfish and entitled. Be happy they CAN make time for a nice session, whatever the occasion. Help them enjoy it too and you might get something out of it. Or see if you can help your partner to lightrn the load so they have more time. Bondage requires being in the right mindset to enjoy it. Life has a way of getting in the way of that. Enjoy what you can get. If you are frustrated you can't get the sessions or time from your partner that you would LIKE (because nobody owes anything!) then talk to them about why they aren't getting around to it. See if there is something you can do to help them.
Ha I'd like him and I to play often. I'd like it if we got a hotel room but thats costly. And neither one of us wants to dish out the cash lol.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

napy666 wrote:
Gregovic wrote:

Thoughts?
Ha I'd like him and I to play often. I'd like it if we got a hotel room but thats costly. And neither one of us wants to dish out the cash lol.
Are you actually aware of what an easy 80 - 90% of all active users here would give to have the chance to have a bondage session with their partner at all?

Honestly, if you need to evaluate your relationship in terms of fair vs. unfair, counting and adding up things in order to find out who owes whom, I don't see a relation there. At least none that's healthy in any way. But that may be based on too little information.
Anyways: You asked for our opinion. You got some of us to state theirs. And your reaction is a snapped "Ha, I'd like him and I to play often." ? :?:
You already said so. We thus already knew!
And in all honesty: A bratty reaction is not likely to gain you any reputation or help here.
Those who answered before me pointed directly at what seems to basically be your real problem. You and your partner don't invest the time to provide the opportunity for bondage sessions. Get your everyday duties out of the way and you're good to go.
There's absolutely no need for a hotel room or anything apart from possibly a room.
Think of possibilities to "abuse" standard household or clothing items and you'll end up with a HUGE arsenal op toys and restraints you can use on him and you at basically no cost and without anybody seeing any of your toys even noticing their "new real" purpose.

To sumn it all up: Your problem is not money as it isn't time. It's time-management and communication.

Kind regards,

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)