A "new" bondage frame

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
smelt

A "new" bondage frame

Post by smelt »

Years ago, I used to lift weights. A LOT of them. So I bought/ built a very heavy-duty overhead rack, all custom welded...2" square tubing with lots of holes and bars... I can't post pictures of it yet, too hard to blank out everything else around it, for privacy.

So this rack has been under my basement stairs for a few years. I have always though it would be a really cool bondage toy. Well, now it will be. If you want to picture it, it looks like this: (from the side)

_________
| |
| |
| |
| |

It is 7' tall, approx 3 1/2 feet wide. Nice wide base, so it cant tip over. Connected together with (2) 2" square tubes, that bolt to it with grade 8 1/2" bolts. Has a series of 1" holes thru the sides, for the weight bar rests and safety bars to sit in. I also have the bench itself that went with it. Very rugged 2" tubing used for that, it adjusts up and down for all the different lifting positions. A couple brackets welded on,, and it will have some adjustable arm rests, and eye bolts everywhere.

The local salvage store just got a large shipment of Stanley stainless steel eye bolts, D rings, hinges.. etc.... So a trip down there is planned soon. The whole thing will be painted gloss black (it is health-club gray right now), with all the stainless hardware polished up. My newly-acquired sewing machine will be used to make new covers for all the dried out vinyl on there now. I MAY use leather, depending on the cost. Got to go look at a few hides. I will get pictures as soon as I can get a backdrop behind it! Hooray winter projects!
Last edited by smelt on 09 Jan 2018, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
smelt

Re: A "new" bondage frame

Post by smelt »

Well, my drawing looks different now. Picture a 7x3.5 rectangle, with one of the ends being 5 feet long, for tip-over prevention. I will get a backdrop soon!
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Lady C and I have pondered the alternative possibilities of some of the fitness gear from time to time.
:mrgreen:
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
smelt

Post by smelt »

This one was actually designed for both uses. I got it as a "started project". Some of the pieces were welded on the frame itself, and a few of the pieces for the bench were cut, but that was about it. I finished it all up, other than the arm rests (It had to pass as a full-on weight bench back then). Now, it doesn't matter what people think of it, so the arm rests are being built over the next couple days, and the bench padding will be re-covered in either vinyl (we are thinking about letting a select few other people use it- would need to be sanitize-able..), or some really nice leather.

I am trying to decide on my system to secure the arm rests, a simple bolt-thru design, with a wing nut to tighten it, once adjusted, would be easy, but I don't want ANY movement of the rests, once they are adjusted in place. Biggest problem with the rests, is that the bench will not lay 100% flat with them in place, unless I do some serious modifications to the existing framework. A quick trial run of laying on the bench, blocked up to where it would sit felt fine, it still feels like you are flat. The difference is not much, but I like things to look perfect. I can see how far my welding has come along, looking at the first few beads I did on it. They are solid, with full penetration, but not as pretty as they are these days. Have grinder, will grind/polish.....

Today's project is mocking up the straps for the bench with 2" webbing. Once they are all figured out, webbing will be replaced with 1.5" leather straps, with locking buckles. I may re-design the upper part of the bench with a head cutout, like a massage table. I also saw a really nasty German-made "face restraint", made of thick perforated rubber, that clamped over the victim's face. Wish I could remember where I saw that. It was a video showing some very high-end bondage gear they sold... May have to have a go at making one. I may be able to get some pictures of the "before" today..
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

smelt wrote: I can see how far my welding has come along, looking at the first few beads I did on it. They are solid, with full penetration, but not as pretty as they are these days. Have grinder, will grind/polish.....
As the saying goes: "a grinder and paint make me the welder I aint" :rofl:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
smelt

Post by smelt »

Picking up some 2" square tubing and 2" flatbar today, to build the arm rests/ restraints. I was going to make them adjustable, but thinking 90 degrees is all they need to be. A simple bolt-on affair, using stainless bolts and wing nuts to carry on the theme of the whole build. 3/4" marine plywood, 1" foam and vinyl for the finish job. I need to get this thing done soon, my full-body corset should be completed in 2 weeks, the D rings in the shoulder straps will be put to good use with this frame...
smelt

Post by smelt »

Stylefetish.de That's where I saw the face restraint. They have a few videos on youtube. Incredible stuff. Can not imagine the prices. Why do Germans get all the really fun toys??? Looking at it, I think it is build-able. Time to dig out the latex sheeting... it's around here somewhere...