Gord ponygirl harness review

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Wolfy

Gord ponygirl harness review

Post by Wolfy »

As mentioned in a previous post http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 27&t=11016 I finally bought a Gord ponygirl harness. I promised to do a review, but my life has been extremely hectic of late and I haven't gotten around to it before now. I will write up a quick review, and rather answer questions later if there are any.

Build quality: The first thing that struck me when I picked up the package from UPS was the sheer weight of it. The reason for this weight was made perfectly clear once I opened the package and got to see how heavy duty this harness really is. The metal belt buckles that secure both sides of the belt to the rear assembly, are the largest I’ve ever seen, with two heavy metal prongs instead of the usual one. The leather belt is extremely thick, and I have no doubt that you could use it to pull a small truck without ripping it. The belt is secured to the front piece by two heavy rivets on each side. I have no idea how strong rivets really are, but I would guess that it would be difficult to spring them. The front panel is not as thick as the belt, and is secured vertically by an O-ring leading to the shoulder straps on the top, and continues all the way between the legs before it is secured to the belt assembly in the rear. The crotch portion is the only thing that deviates from Gords original design. The original sported a heavy continuous crotch band that was secured in the rear. Fantasy leathers decided to cut out the middle portion of this band, making it possible to access both female and male parts without undoing any buckles. Females and small males can attach a strip of leather for modesty, using press studs (this preserves the original look). The crotch strap is arguably the weakest point on the harness, as removing that much of the material puts a lot of stress on the remaining leather. The outside is heavily stitched for added strength, but I fear that the entire thing could break if the wearer finds some way to dangle from the harness. The harness would also be impossible to repair as this part of the crotch band is a continuation of the front panel.

Build quality 9/10 (would be 10/10 hands down if it hadn’t been for the crotch band).

Bondage attachments:
• 2x D-rings on each side of the belt. The D-rings are riveted in place using a heavy piece of leather. There are two rivets on each end, and two in the middle that serve as a shared anchor for both D-rings. I imagine
that they are sturdy enough to allow the wearer to pull a cart or serve as a secure anchor point for a chain. There is no way in hell that these can be broken if used as cuff attachments
• 1x D-ring on the rear crotch buckle assembly. I am not sure what its intended purpose is, but it can easily be used as an attachment for cuffs. An optimal configuration would be to connect a slack chain to each cuff and secure it to the D-ring. Then fasten elbow cuffs, also with some slack. This would be comfortable, while making it impossible for the wearer to fiddle with any buckles.
• 1x D-ring on each shoulder strap.

Attachments 8/10. You have everything you need as long as you only need attachments for bondage and carts. The harness is not suitable for suspension.

Details / Aesthetics:
This harness while beautiful is no showpiece, and it is quite clear that it was designed to be worn for extended periods of time with or without the wearers consent. It is as comfortable as possible, while placing security first. One little detail that I really like is the small rubber pad that is secured to the rear of the crotch strap. This means that rubber, and not leather is in contact with the wearers rear opening. This is a good thing for hygiene and cleaning the harness after use. I find the harness both aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.
9/10 (The only reason for not giving it a 10 is that JG's creature harness is even better).

Service and delivery.
This is where fantasy leathers really shine. They are super quick to register your order, and you get a steady stream of pictures allowing you to follow their progress as they are crafting the item(s). I have never seen any other vendor offer this option for free, and I am duly impressed. It did take some time to get the harness, but that was more due to Easter holydays and UPS, than anything else.
10/10

Overall feel
Wearing the harness feels fantastic. Its like a tight bondage hug that promises no escape and lots of helplessness. No matter what direction you try to pull it feels as secure as steel bars. I have a lot of bondage equipment, but this is the highest quality item I got by far. I am very happy with my purchase.
9/10

total score 9/10. This is in my opinion the second best pony harness after JG's creature harness. Females may also want to consider the famous ledermeister harness http://www.fantasyleather.co.uk/product ... y-harness/, as this harness is both aesthetically pleasing and if rumors are to believed extremely comfortable. However it is also somewhat flimsy, so the gord harness is a much better bet if pure functionality is a requirement.
ponylady

Re: Gord ponygirl harness review

Post by ponylady »

Thank you for the great review.
[