Would bondage deter crime better then jail time ?

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
TdAdvtrs

Would bondage deter crime better then jail time ?

Post by TdAdvtrs »

"Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads..."

I don't know where this fits just a question to make a topic.

So I was playing self bondage and well I chunk of ice that size took longer to melt then I had thought and I really did not feel like spending another hour or how ever long it might take to get that key with my ankles stuck together crossed and hands behind back, escape not happening.

OK this was fun I got to feel what its like instead of thinking about it but I would really like to be able to move now, get up and do something else. Enough don't panic ice always melts... Always, no freezing weather any time soon.

I got to thinking this could be worse then a jail. stuck in a room, a cell or some sort of locked dorm with other people who did stupid dangerous things like driving drunk and real scummy people who did real slimy things. You can stand walk sit...

Should I drive home drunk from the bar I might get 30 days Vs I will be chained up can't do a thing for ??? 1, 2 or 3

I guess I am asking the wrong place cause 3 days in bondage might sound fun to a lot of you but the vast majority of people have never been tied so asking in some random forum would be useless they don't know what its like.
"Tied Adventures" that was the idea behind this screen name.
lj

Re: Would bondage deter crime better then jail time ?

Post by lj »

I'm going to be boringly practical :lol:

Bondage only works if you want it to, or if someone enforces it. With self-bondage, unless you are on a death-wish, you have a safety release, so your bondage will end. I guess quite a few of us (male, can't speak for females!) have had a scene that over-ran (usually after an orgasm, which was the aim of the scene) and all you want to do is get out of the restraints. To have that enforced by someone else might be initially attractive, but for most stays in the fantasy world. To know that you really aren't getting released for weeks or years is another matter entirely.

Long-term restraint, something severely restricting movement etc could be enforced - without enforcement by another person there are always releases - angle grinders, bolt cutters, saws, almost no restraints are truly inescapable, it is only when someone else restricts physically your ability to use tools can you be inescapably restrained. Which brings into question all manner of legal issues.

I can't speak for other jurisdictions, but in the UK you can't even put side bars up on a hospital patient's bed without their permission, and you can't lock the door on a dementia sufferer to prevent them wandering off, as this counts as illegal detention. So for example locking someone in collar and manacles, chained to a wall would cross the border into illegal treatment, breaking their human rights.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Also: Should I drive home drunk and risk jail vs...

This question is very easy to answer: Never ever drive drunk home. Jail sentence or not, driving drunk home is dangerous to other people too. Bdsm or whatever is something you want, no one wants to become part of an accident because you were drunk.

I guess it comes down to the following though: would any harmless crime be better than a forced visit at some place where you get really bored?

Then again, a crime is never a good excuse to get out of some situation. You cannot justify it to the police, and in the end it will cost more than it gained. As lj pointed out, the moment it is not fun, its no longer a bdsm scene.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
TdAdvtrs

Post by TdAdvtrs »

lj wrote: without enforcement by another person there are always releases - angle grinders, bolt cutters, saws
One time I got my ex to tie me before going to work, hog tie with chain and mini padlocks, look around look around what can I use to get out of this ? See that metal bracket that holds up the lampshade, that and the screwdriver in the drawer was enough to bust the mini padlock holding my ankles now I could make it to the garage plyers and a screwdriver I had my hands back using the mirror in the bathroom to see.
lj wrote: without enforcement by another person there are always releases
No way, if she got me spread eagle to the bed they way I wanted that day but there was not time for set up I would not have been able to reach anything, we played that, your stuck that's it. Go ahead and pull, nope can't do it.

She was back in two hours and found I got out and said it was turning me on thinking about you stuck like that.

I should try and find her, we were together for 4 years, the breakup was ugly like most are no fun, I was still stuck on I need a totally hotty trophy and that combined with some of her crap flirting with my friends.... But at the time I did not know the value of having someone with the same fetish , I thought it was easy, just go find another, no I was lucky.

Actually its not that hard to teach partner how much fun playing bondage is, I did that, but that one GF was into it for real, and again I did not know the value at the time.
TdAdvtrs

Post by TdAdvtrs »

Slave_L wrote: I guess it comes down to the following though: would any harmless crime be better than a forced visit at some place where you get really bored?
Criminals don't give a crap about a month or a year, its just part of the gangsta lifestyle doing jail time, get my weight up chill with my home boys...

Real criminals go to jail for a long time and that has to really suck, really really suck, a kid in high school did something stupid and has been in prison ever since no hope getting out. He is still alive but basically went to hell already.

Bondage would work better then jail time on petty shit, I bet it would, but who the hell wants to go back to medieval times ? Those people were crazy.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

with some of the things goping on today we need some of that"medieval" justice today.
quit slapping the criminals on the wrist.
Natale

Post by Natale »

Back in ye olden times you could be locked in stocks in the village square. Your neighbors might spit or throw rotten tomatoes at you for the duration of your sentence. I don't know how much of a deterrent it was, but it would certainly be more humiliating than jail.
Natale
tigerX

Post by tigerX »

I might be encouraged to commit petty crimes to have my feet locked in stocks. I've been cuffed many times but never totally immobilized like that.
Natale wrote:Back in ye olden times you could be locked in stocks in the village square. Your neighbors might spit or throw rotten tomatoes at you for the duration of your sentence. I don't know how much of a deterrent it was, but it would certainly be more humiliating than jail.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

tigerX wrote:I might be encouraged to commit petty crimes to have my feet locked in stocks. I've been cuffed many times but never totally immobilized like that.
Natale wrote:Back in ye olden times you could be locked in stocks in the village square. Your neighbors might spit or throw rotten tomatoes at you for the duration of your sentence. I don't know how much of a deterrent it was, but it would certainly be more humiliating than jail.
Just being locked in stocks for a few hours might be fun. But this stops soon enough if you are stuck in them days. It gets extremely painful. To the point it can do permanent damage to the muscles from the constant strain.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

And of course there is always the risk of turning our members in to criminals so they can enjoy the bondage :rofl:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

JIMDINI wrote:And of course there is always the risk of turning our members in to criminals so they can enjoy the bondage :rofl:
Especially if they find out I'm the warden. :whip:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
TdAdvtrs

Post by TdAdvtrs »

JIMDINI wrote:And of course there is always the risk of turning our members in to criminals so they can enjoy the bondage :rofl:
Have you been to the point of I don't want to do this anymore I just want this shit off me ?

I was in that situation when I thought of the title of this thread, I think they would only do crime to get a free bondage session once.
TdAdvtrs

Post by TdAdvtrs »

bound_jenny wrote:
Especially if they find out I'm the warden. :whip:

Jenny.
I wonder how many people seek careers in correctional faculties for no other reason then that they like putting shackles on people, holding prisoners and all that jail stuff, what would your guess at the percentage be ?

What would anyone's guess be ?
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Oh good question TvAdvrt. I think that would be a high percentage!

Though I think there are some that actually think they want to do that because they are either control freaks or feel they can make the world a better place. But I see no reason why these two groups can get any sexual pleasure from it too. :D
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
MSpike

Post by MSpike »

One of the arguments for caning in Singapore is that it deters minor crime without requiring the state to provide 30 days room and board to minor offenders.