tieing hands behind back advice

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
newswitch

tieing hands behind back advice

Post by newswitch »

Recently I cuffed my husband's hands behind his back which aggravated an old shoulder injury. Any suggestions for tying his hands behind his back with rope? I am very new to starting to tie with rope.
bound_jenny

Re: tieing hands behind back advice

Post by bound_jenny »

Hi, and welcome aboard! :hi:

You could look at the main site under basics, or more specifically the page explaining wrist coils:

http://www.boundanna.com/html/en_tech_wristcoil.html

I don't know of it will relieve your husband's shoulder problem, since such things are more related to position than what type of restraint you're using. What's putting strain on his shoulders is more likely how his arms are pinned than what's used to secure them. There are positions that are much more strenuous than others.

What you could do, with his cooperation, is explore what arm positions are least likely to put strain on his injury, but without restraints - just hold his arms in a given position and ask if that hurts or feels like it will be hard on his shoulder injury. Find the right combination and work from there. Go nice and easy, because you're working around his injury.

Have fun and be safe!

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

In addition to the above, if shoulder muscles are stiff, it is more likely that the shoulder is pushed in an unnatural position when moved in these movements.

Feel his shoulder muscles and see if they're tense. If so, you may consider a massage or he might benefit from going to fysiotherapy
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

The primary reason for arms behind the back is to make them worthless...
Another way, that may be more comfortable, is to tie them to the sides...
A rope, or belt, around the top of each leg, then looped around each wrist...
Another around the midsection and looped around each elbow...
To prevent the hands reaching anything in the front, or protecting anything there,
loop a rope around both wrists crossing the ass...

Also, try a wrist to elbow tie...
With this tie, there may not be as much strain on the shoulder.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Tying with the wrists crossed instead of the more traditional parallel tie might also help in reducing the strain on the shoulder.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
newswitch

Post by newswitch »

Thanks everyone for your help, i will try everything suggested. Is this the same as an elbow to wrist tie?
Japanese Wrists
The elbows are bent at right angles and the forearms are parallel in the small of the back. The wrapping is vertical and the cinch (optional) is horizontal. A preferred wrist position for people with broad shoulders.
newswitch

Post by newswitch »

Related to this, is a crotch rope as effective on a man when connected to hands tied at the front?
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

newswitch wrote:The elbows are bent at right angles and the forearms are parallel in the small of the back. The wrapping is vertical and the cinch (optional) is horizontal. A preferred wrist position for people with broad shoulders.
That would be a box tie. Not as strict but keeps the arms out of the way. More comfortable and can be endured for longer periods.
newswitch wrote:Related to this, is a crotch rope as effective on a man when connected to hands tied at the front?
Not if you want to keep his hands away from his naughty bits.

If the hands are tied up front, I would suggest securing the bound wrists to a chest harness, as if he were praying (you can then order him to kneel and worship you... bonus!). That would definitely keep him from playing with himself.

Jenny.
newswitch

Post by newswitch »

I've seen many different chest harnesses but the basic ones all seem to tie at back. Is there one that has a tie at the front to attach wrists to? Or can I put one like this on backwards
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCRSyrotbbE
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

You can take any basic chest harness and tie the hands/wrists to any point, front or back.

Jenny.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

I have two loooong webbing straps with lots of D-rings on.

They go all the way around the mattress, making it possible to tie up with great flexibility.

And when using cuffs and double carabiners, changes in position are quick and easy.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
newswitch

Post by newswitch »

Thanks everyone!

I have been learning and tying :)
For those who are interested in my experience.

He can't handle a box tie or wrists crossed or 'police' handcuffs behind his back.

I was able to add extra cuffs to the end of the handcuffs to make the chair longer and allow him to keep his hands lower. It isn't as aesthetically pleasing especially since it covers his ass and is cobbled together but still looks good from the . We plan on getting new cuffs with strap or chain soon.

He was also able to do a chest harness with hands back over head. I loved the look of that but the harness slipped up to his armpits and loosened his hands. I will be trying that again, maybe anchor it with a crotch rope.

I have yet to try wrists to thighs but it is on my to-do list. I am having a bit of trouble with the explanation so I may have to try that one on myself first.

I'm afraid I can't find the wrist to elbow tie. Do you have a reference for it?

Thanks everyone :)
MSpike

Post by MSpike »

Newswitch,

You might want to try putting a dowel, broomstick or similar behind his back, when putting his elbows over it and tying his hands in front (they'll be a foot or so apart). You can add some extra rope so the stick won't slip out, or just use a fairly long loop of rope or a belt for the elbows. The elbows are not pulled together, just held behind the back. The wrist tie can also go up to a collar or shoulder harness, or down to a crotch rope.
zorkentine

Post by zorkentine »

Good to hear you found a solution, my fiance has a left shoulder injury and we do one of three things.
1. Handcuffed behind back, she can take it for a short period of time.
2. Box tie, which she can take for a bit longer.
3. I tie her hands to a bed, chair, or crotch rope in front. This seems to work best.
trepxe

Post by trepxe »

I had to get my shoulder rebuilt after popping it out too many times. I couldnt move my arm after surgery. But with physical therapy and patience I have almost all my range of motion back.

Instead of avoiding uncomfortable positions, work on getting your range back, so it isnt uncomfortable. In told my physical therapist that I wanted to be able to reach way back with my bad arm, so I could easily get my wallet out. Then I told him I rock climb and would like to be able to reach above my head again. So we really worked on getting my range back.

If I am left spread eagle for too long my arm does start to get sore. For me, being left tied in a position that stretches my shoulder doesnt bother me. It is like forced therapy. I actually think bondage has helped me with my range of motion.

At the end if the day, im not a doctor and you should get the shoulder looked at. My injury is now just a tight shoulder that I enjoy stretching with bondage. You may have a injury still and may make it worse by tearing something.