Restricted Senses

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Rabid_G

Re: Restricted Senses

Post by Rabid_G »

tiemeupalso wrote:rabid you said"money can be a pain in the ass sometimes"
i have never found that to be a problem.
not having any can be more than a pain in the butt sometimes though.
I see what you did there... :lol:

Perhaps I should have worded it better :p
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Sorry for taking so long before reviewing the products, but I've had a busy week and before that it took more than two weeks for the parcel to arrive from Australia.

I probably won't have time to do it all today, but I am going to write separate reviews for the gag and the hood. In addition I will also review a ballgag harness I bought from top to bottom leathers two years back. While the gag from top to bottom is more expensive (73£ vs 55£) , it is still a viable comparison and should make it easier for someone looking for a gag in this price range.

http://www.top-to-bottom-leathers.co.uk ... arness.htm
Last edited by Wolfy on 12 May 2016, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Image taken from Restricted senses website

Restricted senses Ballgag trainer

Firmness: The silicone ball is neither too soft nor too hard, but seems to be perfectly in between. There is a little give in the gag when you bite down on it, but it is impossible to bite through. I tried chomping down hard, but I can't find any teeth marks (as would be expected if it had been a normal rubber ball).

Taste: No taste at all, this is clearly food grade silicone of high quality

Texture: The silicone is extremely smooth and I really like the feel of it in my mouth.

Strap quality: Soft lambskin leather of high quality. The straps have metal eyelets to make it easy to buckle. Nice feature.

Buckles: Considering the eyelets embedded in the straps I had expected to find high quality buckles, but that is not the case. The buckles are rather flimsy, or at least the metal pin is. However, I doubt the buckle will break. The buckles cannot be locked.

Available ball colors: Black, red, pink and white. I picked the pink one as I lack that color in my collection. It’s a nice shade, but in my opinion it needs a female mouth to do it justice.

Security: It is difficult to see in the pictures, but the head harness is a dual strap trainer design. This makes it impossible to dislodge the harness without the use of your hands to unbuckle the straps. As with most gags I am able to push the ball partly out with my tongue, but if I attempt to talk or scream it will pop right back in. By buckling the straps tight you can make it impossible for the sub to push the ball out of his or her mouth, but that will make the gag less comfortable for the sub. (On the other hand I have no doubt that some will enjoy that.:whip:).

Comfort: The harness fits perfectly and I could wear it comfortably for quite some time. I did have some marks on my skin afterwards, but that was mostly due to the metal eyelets digging into my skin. The traditional o-ring over the nose is usually not the most comfortable design, but I can't say that it bothered me much.

Harness material: The harness is made of lambskin leather, which is super soft and flexible. However, it is important to keep in mind that lambskin is easily destroyed by water, and one must take care to keep it dry. It will dry out and crack if left in a plastic bag, and it is recommended to treat the leather with appropriate leather care products made for lambskin. All in all, not the easiest leather to maintain.

Muffling / ball size: There are three ball gag sizes to choose from ((1 3/4″) / 48mm (1 7/8″) / 50mm (2″). If you choose the right size for your mouth the gag is fairly effective. I bought mine in medium, and that was perfect for me. Coherent speech is impossible, and screams are sufficiently muffled. All in all, a fairly effective gag for this type of trainer design.

Extras: The harness does have a D ring on top which is a nice bonus.

Price: 95 Australian dollars. Perfectly acceptable given the food grade silicone ball and high quality leather. Shipping to most western countries is included as well, which is a huge bonus.

Final thoughts:
The silicone ball used by Restricted senses is the best I’ve encountered so far. The texture and firmness of the ball is just perfect, and can’t think of anything that would make it better. My only gripe with this product is the high maintenance leather, and the somewhat flimsy buckles. All in all a product that I would recommend. It is one of my favorite ballgag harnesses right now.
Rabid_G

Post by Rabid_G »

Thanks for the brilliant detailed review Wolfy! From what you have said it seems to be a very worth while investment. Looking forward to the hood review!
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Thank you rabidgerbil1. I'll review the hood right away

Restricted Senses hood (Open mouth version)
Material: The hood like the gag is made of lambskin leather, which is super soft and flexible. However, it is important to keep in mind that lambskin is easily destroyed by water, and one must take care to keep it dry. This is even more important in relation to hoods as two of the three hoods types they sell will cover the mouth area.If you drool too much in your hood the leather will be destroyed. Restricted senses recommends using a tape gag to cover the mouth, but I can hardly recommend this given how tricky it can be to get out of this hood. Go for the open mouth version and you can use a ballgag as well (looks much better) :gag: .

Sizing: The hoods are made to measure and you have to supply three measurement when you order. This more or less ensures a perfect fit.

Closure: The hood is closed shut by tightening the laces in the back. Imagine the laces on a corset, it’s the same configuration.

Effectiveness: I expected the open mouth version of the hood to let inn a lot of light, but that does not seem to be the case. When the hood is laced tight the nose section will be pressed so tightly against the skin that hardly any light is able to make it through the cracks. The wearer is completely blind, and no amount of struggling will be sufficient to dislodge the hood. Some light can be let through by loosening the laces, but the wearer will not be able to see even if he or she tries to look downwards. It’s just some light nothing more.

Comfort: The soft lambskin is very comfortable and conforms nicely to the wearers face. The hood can probably be worn for hours without any adverse effects. There is some discomfort under the nose due to the pair of metal eyelets placed there. That however is an acceptable trade off, as these enables the wearer to breathe through the nose no matter what (This is extremely important if the person is gagged).
I could probably sleep in this hood, but the lacing in the back feels somewhat bulky when I am resting my head on a pillow. A zipper would be a lot comfier, but then the girls wouldn't be able to pull their pony tails out from between the laces. Lacing also adds to the security. Lock on a pair of mittens and the hood will stay on for the duration.

Final words:
This is a very well made product and I can easily recommend the open mouth version. As mentioned before I would stay away from the full closure hood as that would necessitate a tape gag to keep from drooling.

Looks really good with the gag I reviewed (Those are the exact same items that I bought)
http://restrictedsenses.com/main/wp-con ... 206-96.jpg
Rabid_G

Post by Rabid_G »

Thanks for the reviews Wolfy!

I think I have some purchases to make when I can afford them!!

Rabid.