Träume aus Edelsthal review

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Wolfy

Träume aus Edelsthal review

Post by Wolfy »

Disclaimer: I originally posted this at the end of my original looking for gear post, but then I thought it would be better to make separate post.

The jewelry from Träume aus Edelsthal has finally arrived and it is simply lovely :love:
On Friday I picked up the package at a postal office in Sweden (nearly 130 kilometers from where i live in Norway). I was so fired up and couldn't wait until i got home. Instead I drove my bike up a small dirt trail off the road, and went into the woods in order to tear open the package away from prying eyes. My first surprise was the presentation, as it was simply beautifully done. The collar came in a glossy black cardboard box with the Traume aus edelstahl logo on it. Inside I found a black velvet pouch with drawstrings. The pouch contained the keys I had ordered as well as a heavy braided jewel chain leash. The ankle and wrist bracelets also came in their own velvet pouches. All in all I am impressed by the presentation.

I intend to write a more detailed review with pictures later on, but for now I will give you my first impressions.

Collar
The collar fits fairly loosely around my neck without drooping. I am able to lift it a few centimeters before the circumference becomes too narrow. The collar rests fairly comfortable on my collar bone and is slightly oval in shape. I guess this is to account for most necks not being round (specially male necks). The inside of the collar is lined with soft black neoprene which seems to both cushion and insulate. In the back there is a concealed hinge which lets me open the collar somewhat and put it on without too much fuss. The collar is locked by closing the band around my neck and then insert a super thin tool into a tiny angled port near the opening. Once inserted you can use it to turn a special screw which will close the band. Once the screw is in the collar is not coming off, and I really cant imagine any tools that will fit in the port and at the same time be able to turn the screw. If you destroy the screw or break the tool inside the lock you are fucked.

Fit: Very good.

Comfort: I wore the collar for 24 hours without any issues, and I am fairly certain that it can be worn indefinitely.

Security: This thing is extremely sturdy and I will never be able to break it open with tools. A huge bolt cutter can probably cut it, but doing that so close to major arteries is a dicey proposition at best. The ring in front is fairly small, but also very sturdy. I don't believe that it is possible to break the ring by struggling.

Aesthetics: The collar I bought is fairly thick but not very wide. The surface is brushed and looks like a piece of jewelry. I have no doubt that a pretty girl could get away with wearing one in public as long as she removes the ring (mine is removable using an allen tool on the inside of the collar). All in all it is a very pleasant collar.

Wrist bracelets:
Of all the items I bought these are by far the most impressive. They are oval in shape and each band is sized perfectly. I can get a finger under the band, but I have to compress my skin and soft tissue to do so. The fit is so good that it is nearly impossible to turn the bracelet so that the o-ring points in the other direction. It can probably be done but it will hurt.

Comfort: As with the collar I chose to have the bracelets lined with neoprene for comfort, and I must say that I am really happy with my choice. These are simply the most comfortable wrist restraints that I have ever worn and that is something when you consider that they are made out of unyielding metal. I am fairly certain that the bracelets can be worn indefinitely as long as the fit is good. I have now worn the bracelets for about 38 hours and they are still super comfy.

Aesthetics: The bracelets are beautifully made and look real good due to the polished finish and perfect fit. I use the term bracelet because I feel that this word is more descriptive of the aesthetics of the item. It looks like a heavy piece of jewelry although its function is not impaired in any way.

Security: The bracelet consist of two pieces . One is the part where the small o-ring is attached and this part encircles slightly more than two thirds of my wrist. On one end there are two holes while on the other there is a single hole in the middle. I am barely able to squeeze my wrist through the opening. The second piece of the band sports two prongs on one side and a small hole in the middle on the other side. The band is assembled by aligning the two prongs with holes in the large band and then use the same screw mechanism as found on the collar to close the loop.

Ankle bracelets
These are nearly identical to the wrist bracelets but are far less snug, and can be turned with some effort. I believe this is quite necessary as there are lots of tendons and muscles in the ankles that would make it very dangerous to have them too tight. Furthermore it would be quite problematic to walk as the ankles expand with each step. As it is the anklets are not very comfortable while walking around town, but it can be done. However I would not recommend long term wear as that is bound to damage something important. Used as bed restraints they are quite comfortable and can probably be worn for hours.

Leash

I believe I ordered the thickest chain and I am really happy with it. The chain is jewel grade and consist of interlocking rounded chain links. Due to the plaiting the chain is almost round. It feels quite sturdy without being overly heavy. My only complaint is that the chain could have been longer, as it is the chain reaches a few centimeters further than my crotch. Hanging from the collar the weight is negligible.

A few images of the anklet, chain and key. I'll take some photos of the collar and bracelets once I have removed them.

http://i.imgur.com/83nstk4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IVTqGBM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hsgoF6p.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tJbn3fQ.jpg
Last edited by Wolfy on 26 Jul 2015, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
bound_jenny

Re: Träume aus Edelsthal review

Post by bound_jenny »

Sweet! :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

i wish i had that kind of money to spend on things like that,i would have mine on order today.
Regenkind

Post by Regenkind »

So thrilled that you are happy with your purchase. No doubt you will love and learn to hate having to wear it :twisted: !

Definitely not anything you can take off, when you had enough and the one with the keys does not agree!
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

@Regenkind: Hehe for some reason I think you are speaking from experience :) I bet that pretty posture collar of yours is feeling somewhat restrictive after a few hours :twisted:. And yes you are quite right, it can be awfully inconvenient to be collared at times. Guess I will have to buy a few turtleneck sweaters ;)

@tiemeupalso: Yes it is horrendously expensive, but often it is better to take the hit and go for quality gear instead of buying many inferior products over the years. I have bought my share of crappy bondage gear and it is all either broken or stewing in some box somewhere. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative you might take a look at MY-steel. These are a lot more affordable and probably very very secure (they make quality chastity belts after all). The downside is that they look more functional and less like jewelry, but that depends on your tastes anyway :)
Zubba1

Post by Zubba1 »

Hey wolfy...

Could you post a small video of it being put together and the like?

Also, I am curious are they worn all the time, or just when playing?
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Not too fond of showing my face for obvious reasons, so I doubt I will be making a video. Sorry about that

I do not wear the restraints 24/7 as I am not i a relationship. Furthermore It is impossible to hide the restraints while wearing a suit, and for that reason I never wear the collar at work if I can help it.

Incidentally I'm in a bit of a pickle right now, as I lost a loaded bet to a friend of mine on Friday. As a result I've been collared and shackled since then (she got all the keys).
She was supposed to drive by and give me the keys today, but she just called and told me that there is an emergency at the hospital, and that she won't be able to come by. I don't know if she is pulling my tail for the fun of it, but I have to plan for the worst. I have only two options for tomorrow. Wear a turtleneck and hope that the collar and manacles stays concealed, or come up with an imaginary reason for why I have to work from home. I think the latter is the most viable option as I have a company computer at home. I was able to pick the padlocks connecting the chains on Friday, so at least I have full range of motion. Being stuck is both terribly inconvenient and arousing at the same time ;)