Sleeping while in bondage

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Maid_Lauren

Re: Sleeping while in bondage

Post by Maid_Lauren »

I toss and turn a lot so regular handcuffs caused me to wake up a lot. I slept better with the cuffs with a much longer chain. I don't have a foot board so I ran a chain across the lower bed and attached the leg irons to it. If I had a partner to release me in an emergancy I would use a combination lock to lock the long cuff chain to the head board so I would have to wait until daylight to free myself. Of course I would have to wear a diaper and waterproof pants.

Having someone to play with is great since there are many bed restraints that can be used. The main thing is to be comfortable so you can get a good night's sleep.

Maid Lauren
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

The best and safest form of sleep bondage I've seen is practiced by a couple I know. They're in a 24/7 TPE relationship - every night before they go to sleep, he locks a chain around her ankle, and then locks the other end around a bedpost. That way, she's functionally bound and can't, say, sneak out of the bedroom and drive away to Mexico, but at the same time it's perfectly safe and can't cause any nerve loss, suffocation or other such nasty side effects. :)
Author of "Introduction to Self-Bondage" and "Nine Tales of Submission" - now available on Kindle! :)
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I've been away from the forum for a while, but was glancing through tonight and saw this thread.
Mistress used to make me sleep in bondage. I got so used to it that the bondage almost became a trigger to relax and sleep.

I used my leather ankle and wrist cuffs, bondage collar, and a sleep mask (soft cloth blindfold). The leather blindfolds are too stiff and easily moved out of place. I had a steel ring tied to a short rope at the foot of the bed. Just enough slack to let me roll from side to side to get comfortable. All the cuffs were locked on with small brass luggage locks. Then I would lock the ankle cuffs together with a larger lock. After that, I would lock the big lock to the steel ring with another large lock. (I think I had 4 that were keyed alike). Reason for all the locks was that IF I had to get up during the night, I was not allowed to separate the cuffs. I could unlock my ankles from the bed, but not from each other. Then I could only take very small steps to get to the bathroom or wherever I had need to go.

Collar was about 1-1/2" wide, not a posture collar, just meant to be used as a restraint. It was locked on with a small luggage lock.

Mistress was denying me orgasm at the time, but wanted me horny, so before I locked my hands I was required to edge multiple times. She ordered a minimum of 5, which I quickly exceeded and was regularly doing at least 10. One day Mistress was questioning my "routine", and asked me what She had ordered. I told Her what She had ordered and She said I was to double it. I confessed that I was already doing that and She said to double whatever I was doing now, add a gag if I could find one I could seep with, and also add a restraint to my knees. I just said "Yes Mistress". From then on it was 20 edges and then quickly lock the hands while still hard. I made a bit gag from some cotton rope and after a few nights I could sleep through the night with that as well.

Anyway , back to the restraints, my hands were locked together same as the ankles, then locked to a steel ring that was free to slide on a rope that was stretched (not too tightly as I needed a little slack to be able to reach the keys) across the head of the bed (4 bed posts on that bed). I could just reach the stand next to the bed to get the keys, but was effectively locked to the bed unless I made a very conscious effort to reach the keys. I had to be careful not to drop them on the floor , as my only backup release would be chewing through the rope (doubled) at the head of the bed. There was just enough slack that I could touch my nipples, but that was as far down as I could reach. It only took me a couple of nights before I could sleep without problems.

One thing that helps if you are going to try to sleep in bondage is to get used to your bondage before you try to sleep. I would wear my cuffs around the house for days at a time, sometimes locked or chained together. The cuffs became almost a part of me, so when I went to bed, there was no new sensations to deal with, except a little less freedom of movement.

Just my 2 cents, plus a little rambling! :gag:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

OH Yeah, in the morning, before I could release myself completely, I had to release my hands from the rope, then edge the required number of times (5 became 10, then 20) before I could remove the blindfold and release my ankles and remove the cuffs and collar. (if I was allowed to that day)

The other part of the edging was repeating my "Mantra", which was sort of a prayer to Mistress (who informed me She was a Goddess). Basically I was admitting that I was nothing without her, and a slave to serve Her as She saw fit. It started out as a relatively short thing She made me memorize. Over time I began to worship Her, and evolved it into quite a long recitation. One of the rules I made was that as long as I was working on edging, I had to keep repeating the mantra, and if I reached the required number in the middle of the mantra, I had to continue edging until the mantra was complete.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Nice to see you around again, cd. :hi:

Feel free to ramble all you want. :wink:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Thank you Mistress Jenny! :gag:
steampunker

Post by steampunker »

I really love the chapter from L'Histoire d'O where she has her hands bound to her collar which is then fastened to a chain, such that she cannot touch herself, nor leave the bed. This is how she sleeps (at least until the inconsiderate Vallet comes in during the early morning to administer a whipping). I want to try this one day.
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

One note I thought I'd add due to a recent non-bondage experience: be careful about where your weight is.

I fell asleep tonight around 11ish, using my upper arm as a pillow. Woke up around 3ish to find that I hadn't rolled around in sleep as I usually do and thus still had my head resting on my arm. It took my slightly longer to notice the fact that I couldn't feel the arm from about the elbow down at all. Even longer to realize that that hand felt closer to room temperature to the touch than it had any right to. Point is, my head resting on the arm in that position managed to block off circulation almost completely. Not a major problem for me - all I had to do was sit up and stretch the arm out a bit...but what if I'd been tied up? If my release had been reliant on that hand having relatively normal dexterity, I'd have been screwed. And if I was tied such that I couldn't shift my head off the arm, I'd really be screwed.

Just something to think about when you're considering sleep-bondage.

Of course, if you're a normal person and not an insommniac, you probably have a comfortable position to sleep in that doesn't cause any of this kind of distress.
HRT888

Post by HRT888 »

I sometimes like to sleep with my legs tied together at the ankles, below knees, and thighs. with my wrists tied together in front of me and finally a blindfold to ensure I dont get woken up by the daylight!!!
Eludia

Post by Eludia »

Question for you folks. We're experimenting with trying to do overnight bondage and so far haven't quite been able to do it.

We have an under the bed chain set with cuffs on the 4 corners. My wife will tie me down with them and then tape over them as they are just velcro and fairly easily pulled open. Normally for our play sessions she will also take my hands into fists as I tend to try to escape and part of the fun for me is not being able to do so. My mouth and eyes are taped as well.

We did this last night and it was wonderful. I couldn't get out at all. (She is pretty good at this now!) The problem was after about 3 hours my hands were hurting - throbbing towards the end. It got progressively worse and she let me out. I didn't lose feeling or movement. I'm thinking that just the wrists were too tight as I was cuffed tightly and my arms were pulled out pretty straight.

What would you guys recommend we do to change it up? I was thinking obviously to loosen the cuffs. She was thinking we'd try mummification overnight instead. We don't have bondage mitts as that would be an obvious solution. I've even tried thinking of things we could use to imitate and no ideas so far.

Thanks for all your help!
RADER

Post by RADER »

Get your self some small dog colors and use them as wrist cuffs.
You can lock a padlock on the end of the strap, and that will keep you
secure for the night. Cuff yourself behind your back or in front, use the
bed chains to spread your legs wide, facing up or down.
In Short try some mild bondage until you get used to being tied up.
Than go for the big time.
Rader
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

I just recently bought a under the bed restraint set that has 4 cuffs(Velcro closure) and straps that run under the bed. I tried using some master lock luggage locks with three number dials on each to secure my wrist cuffs to the straps, but I was able to crack the combo on them way too easy. so i bought some 4 digit master locks that can not be cracked by feel and used them to secure my wrist cuffs to the top of the bed with the straps while my ankles were secured to the bottom of the bed by the straps and luggage locks.

keep in mind that I cant reach the Velcro closure on the cuffs if my hands are separated, but tied up like this, i can easily reach the Velcro on each cuff. what i did to prevent escape from this it to put a small hole in the Velcro strap, that way i can put a zip tie through it and the mounting point of the metal ring on the cuff to completely secure them. but having just read about the small dog collars and padlocks, i just may try that setup as i think it will be more secure feeling than the zip ties on the Velcro straps.

after i secured myself last night like this, i shut the tv off and tossed the remote so that there was no way that i could have enough light until morning to unlock the combination locks on my wrists. i could just about get in my normal sleeping position and was really comfortable, but i think i was just too distracted to be able to sleep very good. i do have a week off work right now to try and get used to it though. :D

i may put up a picture of how i secure the Velcro cuffs tonight before i try to get some sleep. :wink:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Leslie_Bound

Post by Leslie_Bound »

I sleep bound almost every night!! Most of the time it is just with my wrists and ankles cuffed then secured to the head and foot boards!! However I have slept in more extreme positions as well. Sometimes I sleep bound in my cage too!! That I like a lot it is nice and relaxing!!! I find that bondage is the best way for me to relax. I am more comfortable tightly bound and gagged then If I am just relaxing free!!! It's the most freeing feeling in the world!! That's my opinion anyway!!
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I have spend a number of nights bound, either from a partner or self bondage.

There have been times when my wife would endulge my fantasy and tie me up overnight. The number 1 requirement was that it not interfere with her sleep! Here are few examples:

1) Spread eagle on the floor: I was laying on the floor beside the bed, one wrist tied to a front leg of the bed and the other wrist tied to a rear leg. My legs were then tied apart with a spreader bar. If I recall, I had a butt plug inserted.

2) In the bed, both wrists tied to the bed post at the head while both ankles tied to the foot post.

3) In the bed, but with my wrist cuffs simply locked to a collar.

4) In bed, but with my hands locked behind my back. This was the most uncomfortable, and I do NOT wish to repeat it.

I have also done variations of some of these in selfbondage. With both hands tied together (and then to something) I will use a combination lock as a "wait until daylight" release. I would also keep a phone within reach so I could dial 911 if I had to.

I generally don't have too much trouble falling asleep. I am generally aroused when I start but within half an hour I am able to drift off to sleep. A few hours later, however, I really want to roll over and if I can't I may have trouble getting back to sleep.

Ron
kosvince

Post by kosvince »

You really need to be careful while doing this, making sure you don't loose a limb if you know what i mean