Health in chastity

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
Keyless

Health in chastity

Post by Keyless »

I have been trying to make an effective chastity belt for a very long time. The latest attempt was a full belt. When I got it finished I was surprised that I was able to wear it several hours a day for a week straight away. I worked up to all day – 16 hours or so. Unfortunately that was when I found I had epididymitis.

There are very few stories of people having trouble like this. There doesn't seem to be any post on this site where anybody has definitely got an infection as a result of wearing a chastity belt.

I don't want to give up as the belt took ages to build. Also Mistress K says I get grumpy after I have an orgasm and would like to make me wait. I'd like a belt to remove temptation.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any health issues as a result of wearing a chastity belt. Any information would be much appreciated.
lj

Re: Health in chastity

Post by lj »

My only personal experience of problems with a chastity device has been open sores caused by the hinge on a CB3000, and some sore skin with my JailBird after a couple of weeks of 24/7 wear.

However, Urinary Tract Infections, and I guess epididymitis are going to be encouraged by enclosure, as is generally the case with bacterial infections. High humidity encourages growth in that nicely temperature-controlled environment. Bactericidal washes might help, or better ventilation - skin isn't designed to be fully enclosed on anything like a permanent basis.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks Ij. I think you are probably right and I need to ventilate the tube better. I'm puzzled though. I have only found a couple of references to a problem like this on any forum concerned with chastity. Just a couple here: open http://chastityforums.com/viewforum.php?f=2 then search for “epididymitis”. Since the original post, something prompted me to search for “epididymitis” and “cock ring”. That produces more results where people have had problems. Ball trapper devices use a cock ring but appear to produce little problem, whereas a cock ring on its own does seem to. True, there are probably lots more people using cock rings than chastity devices, but it still seems curious. Perhaps chastity device wearers have the ring a bit looser than some cock ring users.

I don't want to give up on the belt, because I was really pleased with it and, as I say, it took ages to make. I think the present plan is to wait until I am fully recovered then open up the end of the tube to almost the full diameter and generally ventilate it better. If that gives too much access I'll fit some bars over the end. In the light of the info on cock rings, perhaps it is wise to avoid pressure on the groin from the end of the tube when I sit down, however, if it is too loose I can pull out of the tube.

If I do manage use the belt successfully I post the info.
IllegalSuch

Post by IllegalSuch »

I'm really curious to see how this ends up turning out. Please update us!
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

IllegalSuch wrote:I'm really curious to see how this ends up turning out. Please update us!
I will, but we have visitors soon and I expect them to stay for a few weeks. Mistress K will probably make me pack the belt away out of sight, so it will probably be a while before I can report back.

Meanwhile, if you have similar problems or any information on this topic, I'd be interested to hear.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I promised an update on my chastity belt situation. Eventually the problem of epididymitis etc was solved by a long course of antibiotics. I felt I had to tell the doctor that I might have injured myself with a chastity belt. He did not seem the slightest bit shocked or surprised. I gather he'd seen it all before. Anyway he did not think the belt had caused an injury. Recently I started experiments with the belt again. I redesigned the tube very carefully to fit me. I have ended up with a tube which is not round in section, not symmetrical and with the opening not aligned with the front shield. Also I made the outlet hole much larger, so ventilation is much better and there is no restriction to urine flow. I built some bars into the belt itself, so that when the tube is fitted, they protect the end. With those mods the belt is a lot more comfortable, even when adjusted to a nice close fit.

Given the previous experience, I was very cautious about putting too much pressure on my groin when I sit. Unfortunately I found that I just could not get a sufficiently small gap between me and the tube to stop me pulling out. A piercing is the obvious solution and I am considering it. At present I using surgical tape, which I discovered thanks to Tapeenthusiast. It sticks to the skin and shows no sign of coming off. See http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... hilit=tape for more details.

Mistress K is obviously pleased to see me back under her thumb again. She insisted that I stay locked up overnight. For the first night this was definitely :(. The next night was not so bad, and now I can sleep reasonably well. I am surprised how quickly I have become accustomed to the belt. I have been locked for 93 out of the last 100 hours. Most of the “out” time was when I had to go on a trip involving driving. Fortunately there was not much chance of misbehaving during those times anyway. The other “out” time was for cleaning, which Mistress K likes to have done every 24 hours.

Hopefully this is the start of some serious time locked.
Attachments
Belt.jpg
Belt.jpg (26.88 KiB) Viewed 3553 times