Do more men go into chasity than women?

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
SecretDelights

Do more men go into chasity than women?

Post by SecretDelights »

Being denied total satisfaction while being teased has always been a favorite torment of mine, but from what I see from the threads, many more men like this than women.

So, just as a question, if you are a woman, are you in forced chasity, or doing this on your own. And also, as of right now, how long have you denied yourself an orgasm, and what is the longest time you have denied yourself total pleasure?
lj

Re: Do more men go into chasity than women?

Post by lj »

I think you will find that there are far more men on this site than women, so any indication of numbers using chastity will be strongly skewed to the male side of things.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

That said, I suspect there is a much greater interest in male chastity devices as opposed to female chastity. Whether this is due to the gender stereotypes regarding sex drive (men being rampant sex machines, women being ...not that), due to the differences in BDSM (with a male submissive, CBT provides a wide variety of options in the genital region; with women, things seem to get spread around a lot more), or something else, I'm not certain. However, a look through the chastity device segment of any decent online toy retailer, particularly those with a well developed BDSM section, will clearly show there's a greater market for male chastity cages as opposed to females.

Stockroom.com (as an example - every store I've seen has had a similar mix) has 5 entries in its female chastity section - 4 of which are belts that have a stiffened barrier preventing all access to the crotch (the 5th is a lockable "pear" for anal play, which appears in the male segment as well); its men's chastity selection has 16 unique cage designs (If I counted right, and didn't accidentally count two variants of the same design like the cage-only options, also discounting gates-of-hell style cages that will allow an erection and just partially enclose it) - along with at least 4 different versions of spike torment that can be added to the mix with certain models...plus the aforementioned anal "pear." And while the designs for these 16 cages mostly follow a trend, there's still a lot more variation in the design than between those 4 ladies chastity belts.

So, clearly the manufacturers feel there's enough interest in male chastity to provide a wide selection of chastity devices that cater to a variety of needs. And clearly, those same manufacturers see little profit in designing interesting and new alternatives to what is, quite frankly, a pretty ancient design, aside from making the crotch barrier slightly more ergonomic. Since the manufacturers of toys are, aside from a few small scale builders, motivated by profit, and thus attempt to try to match the demand of their customers, it strongly suggests that either there is a much larger population of male chastity users, the male chastity user population is more picky about the designs, or the male chastity user population likes to have a variety of toys available to meet their needs. (Economics fails to provide an answer as to which of these three options, or which collection thereof, is correct, as they are all, from an economic perspective, equivalent: male chastity users pay more money than female chastity users.)

I think the market for female forced chastity might open up a bit more, at least in the harder BDSM side of things where BDSM is more than just something different to do in bed together, if there were a few more options around for types of chastity. There's a selection of male chastity belts that are functionally equivalent - either thick leather underwear that locks into place and prevents access to the whole area, or a thick leather bag that locks into place around the base of the cock and prevents access to the genitals only - but the vast majority of the market is, in some way, built around putting it on display, almost like a zoo exhibit (or rather, those small wagon-cages circuses used back before the animal rights people became socially acceptable) - you can see it through the bars, and if you work at it and reach through, you might be able to touch it a bit, but it can't do what it normally would. I'm sure someone could come up with a way to do something similar.
gemt

Post by gemt »

I am guessing the main issue for female variation is there is less to tie a female belt to, compared to a male belt.
For male chastity there is a choice between scrotal ring, Prince Albert, and a full belt, with full belts tending to be expensive.
For women the only option appears to be the full belt, and properly fitting secure full belts are inevitably expensive.
I have heard of designs using a ring of skin piercings, but never seen one commercially advertised, so perhaps they only exist in fantasy?
I could imagine a design based on an internal piercing and a chain passing through a plugged cover, but most internal piercings are for stimulation in the first place.
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

i also think it's probably a lot easier/cleaner long term for males. its a lot easier to cage it and still allow clean bathroom visits than it is to wall something off. that was the thing that always bothered me about movies like robin hood men in tights - the belt the damsel wears in that thing is impossible to do *any* sort of bathrooming in - including number two.
Fetterer

Post by Fetterer »

I really wonder if the chastity device population is more heavily male than female. Men are certainly a lot more talkative on lists like this and I think too there is a more than a little bragging. I do not believe woman are as inclined to brag as men. The mechanics of being locked up have more of an engineering appeal than an artists. I would not be surprised to learn the mix might be as great as 50/50.
cbshackle

Post by cbshackle »

I used to help out and model chastity belt for shows for Locked In Steel. (Prior to Transitioning MtF.) When Jillian owned the company I had asked about the percentages and she told me that about 70% of their sales were for male belts, 20% transgender belts like mine and 10% Female belts. Another thing that was interesting was that most male wearer/female key holder relationships where more into long term denial than male wearer, male key holder and female wearers (regardless of key holder.)
:gag: Just a geeky and kinky girl :gag: