Chastity device review

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
MalevolentEvelynne

Chastity device review

Post by MalevolentEvelynne »

Well, I got this device a couple weeks back. Relatively cheap on ebay, and I've been wanting one for ages, so I finally went ahead and bit the bullet.
2010-11-05_170358.jpg
A bit fuzzy, but this is the type.

And I can't recommend it, and have to say don't buy one. I should have looked it over a little while longer. The reason?
Pinch points! It'll probably be obvious to some right away, but sometimes things right in front of me aren't visible :roll: .
2010-11-05_1703vvvvv58.jpg
#2 is the hinge, but not really a big deal & can be avoided pretty easily, maybe even putting a small piece of latex or plastic over the inside before closing it would eliminate the problem.
#3 is where the two halves of the enclosure meet - again, very easy to rectify by merely pushing down the flesh as it closes.
#1 is the pinch-point I missed. In other devices there's a full space between the shaft area & the closing ring, but this has a V-opening. As a result, the looseness of the tube part moving up & down (with a give of about 2-3 mm)pinches the skin unless you constantly get your finger in there & push it out again. After a day of walking around I had some very small but ouchy wounds down there. I've tried thinking of ways to put some distance between the tube & the ring-enclosure, but I'd have to bend some metal into a very small and rather precise shape.
Guess I'll just have to put some padding in the area.
Other than that, I'm pretty happy about it: I like the heaviness of the metal and the tip screws off for washing/relieving oneself. I like the design of the CB-#000's, but I don't like the plastic aspect - a pair of wire-cutters/pliers and I'm out (I guess that's where the prohibitive price comes in, but still...).
Anyone have experience with this thing and have come up with a solution?
lj

Re: Chastity device review

Post by lj »

I think the choice of chastity device depends very much on why you want it in the first place.

For me, wearing one keeps me in a state of mild arousal and is a constant reminder of things to come. I should mention that I am only locked in mine very occasionally as part of a play session with my wife, and it is likely to be only for a few hours. I have also worn a cock-cage (and nothing else!) at a play-party, to intentionally indicate that I was "her property". On one occasion, I wore the CB3000 for just under a week whilst I was away from home, to demonstrate my absolute fidelity.

From this experience I can make a few comments.

The CB3000 is inescapable if correctly adjusted, and if the "points" are fitted, an erection is VERY unpleasant. Being a masochist I get into a stressful situation as the pain from arousal generates more arousal which generates more pain etc etc :shock:

Of course, you can break your way out of the CB3000, but that would be obvious (and expensive), and anyway if you are wearing it for your Lady, it would be a breach of trust, the device is really a symbol as much as a restraint.

The biggest down-side with the CB3000 is the hinged ring. After several days, despite using baby gel as a lubricant, I developed a very nasty sore at the base of the scrotum which took a week to heal up. A piece of flexible tube over the hinge might work, but might also add another point of irritation. Some have suggested using a continuous ring, available as a replacement, but I am uncertain of the ease of fitting it.

The cock-cage is similar in construction to the device the OP shows, although a "cage" rather than a solid tube.. Although apparently secure, I have accidentally escaped from it three times. In my case, my penis shrinks a lot when not aroused (always a point of embarrassment until I realised that when erect I'm a good average *lol* ) and my balls are very mobile, so I find that one will slip through the ring, followed by the other, without any intervention by me. Not surprisingly, when "In scene" this doesn't happen.

I did buy another metal cock-cage which has a fixed ring, but frankly haven't had the nerve to try it in case once on, I can't remove it! The idea of metal-cutters that close doesn't appeal :shock:

From discussions elsewhere, it seems there is no 100% satisfactory device, with the possible exception of genital piercing, which has its own issues!

If you are after chastity in the self-bondage context, then the metal types would seem to be the better choice, in that they would be less easy to break out of.

Ultimately, of course, any chastity device is there as a symbol, we are all free agents and can take whatever steps are necessary to escape, should we so desire. Everything else is an illusion, albeit an enjoyable one :)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
MalevolentEvelynne

Re: Chastity device review

Post by MalevolentEvelynne »

Excellent points!

Unfortunately, I don't have any significant other to hold a key (yet. And I have the fantasy of her wearing the key in her earring as an extra tease. Ah, some day...), so you're right about the metal type for play.
I've lately been wondering if it's at all possible to make a tempered-glass version of the CB-6000... Same look, and no one would want to try to break out of it!