un-pickable combination locks

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
lj

un-pickable combination locks

Post by lj »

Mistress instructed me to buy a cock-cage, lock myself in it having sent her a photograph of the lock showing the combination, then a second with the lock randomised, with me, of course not allowed to look at the lock or the photos (which were deleted) She would then text message the combination to me a few days later.

A little awkward, we will probably use a webcam in future but it was a trial run.

Things went well for three days, but the linking section of the cage broke, releasing me. (NOT my fault ! I wanted to obey Mistress)

Playing with the lock afterwards, I discovered I could "pick" it by holding it under tension whilst rotating the number wheels. There was a slight change in the tension as the correct wheel came into line. I knew this could be done with cheap locks, but I was surprised to find it applied to a decent quality one.

So does anyone know a brand of combination lock, and preferably a link to a supplier (Even better if UK) as being able to release yourself rather spoils the feeling of complete reliance on Mistress.

And before anyone tells me I shouldn't need or want to try and release myself, I'm a Dom/switch, and being submissive is very difficult.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
cdinbonds

Re: un-pickable combination locks

Post by cdinbonds »

Why not use numbered seals like those that come with the CBxxxx chastity devices? They are all numbered differently, so you put it on, send her a pic of the number, and if you remove the device and try to replace the seal, she will know, since the number will be different. You can buy the seals separately from the devices. Only way to remove the seal is to break it.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
lj

Post by lj »

cdinbonds wrote:Why not use numbered seals like those that come with the CBxxxx chastity devices?.

because I'm a cheapskate *lol*

but seriously, those tags seem to cost around 50p (UK) and I'd need one a day (they would be used for daytime only)

also, the cage I was using required a solid and strong closure pin, would easily shear a plastic clip, or allow the cage and ring to open and easily release the contents. So a steel hasp is best.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

lj wrote:So does anyone know a brand of combination lock, and preferably a link to a supplier (Even better if UK) as being able to release yourself rather spoils the feeling of complete reliance on Mistress.
I've seen them like you describe, in fact, I have one, just can't find it at the moment. I believe it's a Master lock, and is the kind with four wheels at the bottom. Oval Brass body, hardened shackle. Once you set the combination you have to push the shackle inward for it to release. I borrowed mine from work many years ago. Problem is: these are expensive. and they are standard full-size padlocks, perhaps even slightly larger than a regular keyed padlock. They're big enough that they might even fit around... your parts. :lol:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

lj wrote: Playing with the lock afterwards, I discovered I could "pick" it by holding it under tension whilst rotating the number wheels. There was a slight change in the tension as the correct wheel came into line. I knew this could be done with cheap locks, but I was surprised to find it applied to a decent quality one.
that's a common "fault" with combolocks, even the better ones.
lj wrote:
cdinbonds wrote:Why not use numbered seals like those that come with the CBxxxx chastity devices?.
but seriously, those tags seem to cost around 50p (UK) and I'd need one a day (they would be used for daytime only)
http://www.labellock.com/dual-layer-lab ... -label.php

how about these ?

only 15p *okay you need to buy 1000. but maybe one of your customers or suppliers has a little surplus of something similiar ?

just stick them over the lock
lj wrote:(they would be used for daytime only)
daytime-chastity only ?
:shock: :shock:

what a novel concept.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[
lj

Post by lj »

ponylady wrote: http://www.labellock.com/dual-layer-lab ... -label.php

how about these ?

only 15p *okay you need to buy 1000. but maybe one of your customers or suppliers has a little surplus of something similiar ?

just stick them over the lock
I can get something like that from my suppliers, it would certainly work.
lj wrote:(they would be used for daytime only)
ponylady wrote: daytime-chastity only ?
:shock: :shock:

what a novel concept.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
it is a little odd, but it is symbolic. My Mistress wants me caged, but personal circumstance do not allow that 24/7 ('nilla wife !) so this is a workable compromise. If I go to meet Mistress, at a play-party or privately, I must use a lock to which only she has keys. In a couple of weeks time, that will mean 24/7 for the week as I have a short holiday on my own, visiting Mistress at the start, and again at the finish to be unlocked. I'm looking forward to it :-)
kate

Post by kate »

i've got a few combination locks that can't be picked, they're quite annoying as you'll try and they give a few false positives so certainly would work if thats the sort of thing you're after. I'll have to take a photo though as 20 pages into google search it doesn't appear to be on sale so maybe not that helpful even with a picture.

The main downsite you'll have is most combination locks to fit a chastity device will have 3 numbers, and that takes around 30 minutes to get out of even if you can't pick it. 4 gate combination locks can take a couple of hours to try all the numbers, but they're quite bulky and don't sit right.

Suppose all i'm trying to say is even if you can't pick the lock, you can always just try each combination
lj

Post by lj »

kate wrote:i've got a few combination locks that can't be picked, they're quite annoying as you'll try and they give a few false positives so certainly would work if thats the sort of thing you're after. I'll have to take a photo though as 20 pages into google search it doesn't appear to be on sale so maybe not that helpful even with a picture.

The main downsite you'll have is most combination locks to fit a chastity device will have 3 numbers, and that takes around 30 minutes to get out of even if you can't pick it. 4 gate combination locks can take a couple of hours to try all the numbers, but they're quite bulky and don't sit right.

Suppose all i'm trying to say is even if you can't pick the lock, you can always just try each combination
I think you are right. Not sure about half an hour to try 999 combinations (maximumtime) but I agree that a real lock is the only answer, just not very effective in my particular position. Having said that, if my Mistress instructs me to lock myself into a cage, why should I require a real lock ? I obey Her because i choose to, so the lock is my honesty.
kate

Post by kate »

true enough, whatever the method of locking there (for safety) has to be an emergency release. The punishment for using this is upto your Mistress. There are a few ideas to make it more complicated, but require things being posted back and forth.

The easiest method is that you prove you're still locked by picture or whatever, but I understand the reasons behind wanting a secure method thats easy to get out of, but if you find it let me know :D

As far as times to beat a three stage lock assuming its numbered 1-9 is around 12 minutes

9*9*9 = 729 combinations

729 divided by 60 is 12.5, but you'd expect to (on average) only need half of those, so around 6 minutes to try every combination in a three gate lock.

What you need to find is a 4 gate lock (i havne't yet), because that takes around 109 minutes in a worst example, and thats a little more focused :D
KinkGyver

Post by KinkGyver »

The original maker of the lock described above (four wheels on the bottom face; push the shackle down to release) is Sesamee. No amount of pushing or pulling on the shackle while turning the wheels will provide any feedback about the correct combination, requiring a systematic trial-and-error approach to open the lock non-destructively. In order to severely hamper such an attempt, I welded up a little case for my Sesamee lock. It shields the bottom panel, but has four holes cut over the four wheels. Dialing the wheels requires poking at them through the holes, making a systematic run through all the possible combinations a tedious proposition. Without something like this, you can do it blindly while watching TV or laying in bed just by toggling the wheels with your thumb and counting up in tens.

The Sesamee lock is way too big to hang from a CB, so it is used here to lock up the key to the much smaller lock that secures the CB. We're ignoring the fact that these tiny padlocks are not difficult to pick and that the CB can be cut apart or bypassed other ways. I wanted to create a system that secured the CB and prevented me from cheating the locking system without either using tools or spending countless hours clicking wheels around with a toothpick.

The small padlock key is secured inside a sheath kind of thing made from a scrap of 3/4" barstock. I drilled a hole down into the bar and cut a slot for the handle of the key. A carefully-placed set of holes allows the big Sesamee lock to secure the smaller key into the sheath.

The wire-like tool seen in some of the photos is the tool used to change the combination on the Sesamee lock. This is done with the lock open by inserting the tool into the bottom of the open shackle socket. It snaps into place, then you simply dial in a new combination. The wheels have good clicky detents so you can know that the wheels are centered on a number (not between two) just by feel. This is a fantastic and very secure setup for use with Timelock, if you're into that and have a suitable CB.

Another way to keep yourself (or your sub) from fiddling with a combination lock is to use it to secure the key to the "real" lock (as depicted here) and also lock the combo lock to something secure. A railing or bench in a public place would be a good choice. Even if it's technically possible to open the combo lock by manipulating it or trying every combination, the public location of the lock is going to make this undesirable. Another variation is to lock the combo lock to a shelf or wire inside of a fridge or freezer. Anything other than entering the correct combination will result in cold hands and warm milk from standing there with the door open for so long. :wink:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
Last edited by KinkGyver on 27 Mar 2013, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
KinkGyver

Post by KinkGyver »

I forgot to mention... Sesamee (and some other good-looking) combo locks are available from McMaster-Carr industrial supply. (they also have damn near anything else you could need for any project!)

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Search for part number 1160A1 for the lock you see in my photos. 1160A6 is the same thing but with a zinc body and is a few bucks cheaper.
Droog

Post by Droog »

Another approach would be to use a regular, impossible to pick padlock (supplied with one key by mistress).

Lock yourself up, then lock up the key in a safe, or "keylock" box.

-droog
s1th1s

Post by s1th1s »

Droog wrote:Another approach would be to use a regular, impossible to pick padlock (supplied with one key by mistress).

Lock yourself up, then lock up the key in a safe, or "keylock" box.

-droog
padlocks are ridiculously easy to pick, especially small, cheap ones. and high-security padlocks are pretty big.
teather

Post by teather »

If you are still looking, try B&Q - 0000003294482.
I have a few of these although they seem a lot more expensive now than when I bought mine.
They give false +ves but I havent been able to 'pick' them by touch - they are only 3-digits so you can go through the combinations in quite a short time around 1/2 to 1 hour (depending on your start point and what the combination is...). If you have half a dozen to open to get free the time adds up - that is why I like them.
chasteed

Post by chasteed »

Just out of curiosity, what is B&Q?