Broken CB Locking Pin - Workaround

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
onespecialguy

Broken CB Locking Pin - Workaround

Post by onespecialguy »

Hello all

I wanted to share a problem and solution that I have, in case it's helpful to you. Recently I purchased a plastic CB-3000 from an overseas distributor (I used a steel version but wanted to try a different one). Only a few days after trying the various combinations of spacers, points of intrigue and locking pins, the plastic pin that fit best broke. I contacted the distributor who told me that it would cost too much to send me a replacement pin.

I first tinkered around with Clevis Pins. If you haven't looked at them, it's probably worth doing so. Check your local Lowes or Home Depot. There are different lengths, diameters and some have a number of pre-drilled holes in them. One may fit your CB. The problem I found here is the length: the pre-drilled holes never quite matched my "best fit" plastic pin. Drilling a fresh hole into a clevis pin is a bit difficult for my skills.

Ultimately what I realized is that a plastic wire tie, threaded right through the space that the locking pin would go, worked just fine. I snug it to hold the cb/spacer/poi together and cut off the extra length. For those of you who use numbered tags (I don't) you could run the numbered tag through the hole along with the wire tie, snugging it or looping it as well; it's job is not to take the stain of holding the cb together, but will still give you notice if your sub cuts it off.

- Russell