Key Holder Website

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
TakOrb

Re: Key Holder Website

Post by TakOrb »

Niels73 wrote:Only problem with registering on your site is that you ask about a 5 digit zip code.
As I'm in the netherlands our zip code exists from 4 digits and 2 letters.
In all fairness the ZIP code is only used for the "I forgot my password" link. You have to put in both your email address and your ZIP so that spam bots can't easily just feed email addresses in and start sending out spam from my web server. So with that in mind... it pretty much just needs to be some 5 digit number that you aren't likely to forget.

That being said, I hadn't really thought it through. ZIP is a very United States-centric number. Perhaps I should change it so it just tells you to put in a "memorable five digit number"? :)
TakOrb

Re: Key Holder Website

Post by TakOrb »

Minor changes tonight:

1) Removed the email address form for having your early unlock code sent. Now it will just send it to the address you registered with. I debated which way to do it for a long time, and originally I had it allow you to send the unlock code anywhere you wanted - the catch being you could only send it once. However, I'm getting too many outbound emails to fake addresses and it does allow someone with way too much time on their hands to send unsolicited emails out... despite the fact that they have zero control over the content of the email it could still be annoying or offensive to the recipient. This way you can only send it to yourself, and still only once. If the temptation to click is too strong, you could always pick the "show me the unlock code" option and click through it really fast. It won't email to you, and it won't ever show it to you again. Maybe I should add a "disable the unlock code" option?

2) Fixed a potentially nasty bug! If you had more than one key pending, and you clicked the button on one of them to email the code to you, it would actually set all of them to "sent", but only email one of the codes out. Yikes! Now it works as expected: emailing one code to yourself will only affect the one you picked.

Planned features:

1) Someone requested a setting to set your local timezone. Due to the holidays and my job it may be a couple of weeks before I have time to add that, but it's a great idea, fairly simple to do, and so it will get done.

2) Improved privacy! Passwords are already encrypted in the database. I can't read them or retrieve them because they use one-way encryption and cannot be decrypted. The uploaded files, however, are not encrypted. I don't look at them and nobody else has access to them, but I can do better than just a promise not to look. For the geeks out there: using some AJAX magic from http://code.google.com/p/passpack/ I can AES encrypt your file in your browser before it is ever uploaded to my server. When the time comes I send the encrypted data back to you, your browser decrypts it, and you have your file back without ever giving me the opportunity to look at it. Cool huh? 8)