Padlock sizes?

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
jamieJ

Padlock sizes?

Post by jamieJ »

I'm looking at replacing the lock on my chastity device and they all seem incredibly tiny, the smallest I have been able to purchase on amazon.co.uk is 20mm (it just about fits - the shackle seems thicker) but the locks on some of these devices seem smaller. The one I have cannot be easily adjusted into a better position.
Is there a size I should be looking for? I have no idea the thickness of the shackles but they do seem thinner than the locks I have found on amazon
lj

Re: Padlock sizes?

Post by lj »

not knowing which device you have makes it difficult to answer your question directly.

I have a CB6000S and a MatureMetals Jailbird ( which I am locked into as I write)

for both I have a 20mm "Master" padlock. I know, because I have measured it accurately, that the Master shackle is 3.5mm diameter, and the ring and cage holes on the JailBird are 3.6mm. This provides a secure fix with almost no "play" in the stainless steel structure. The CB6000S accepts the same lock, but being plastic, allows quite a lot of "play" making it far less secure.

In the JailBird, the padlock lies horizontal, so the body of the lock sticks out to one side. I have filed all the square edges on the lock to a smooth round, for comfort, and find no problems with this arrangement. Aesthetically I would prefer the lock lying along the length, rather than across the width, but the curvature of the padlock would mean that the holes need to be much bigger, and if the lock then moved sideways, the whole assembly would become loose and possibly escapable.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
jamieJ

Post by jamieJ »

Thanks lj - I'm not sure of the actual make, its one of the cheaper metal ones with a solid ring, the cage itself is metal with a welded series of rings. The padlock that comes with its is marked WOLF I have seen these online at 20mm but this one is definitely smaller than the 20mm one I bought as a replacement, the shackle has the same size gap in the shackle but the shackle itself slightly thicker...
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

You can get 18mm padlocks from China, e.g this one.

I note that most of the 18mm padlocks I have that came with cheap Chinese gear look like they've been ground down a bit to round the edges, which makes them seem smaller still.

A word of warning: I've seen these things fail with the cylinder cracked lengthwise, and jamming shut. I refuse to use them. I also have some where which have no pins in the lock - anything, like a small screwdriver or knife point that will engage and turn the cylinder will open them. (I actually do use those, but only for testing stuff, because I don't have to be too careful about where I left the keys!)

Basically garbage. Avoid. Buy decent padlocks, and live with them being a bit bigger.
Amos101010

Post by Amos101010 »

Hi
Like ruru67 says don't trust padlocks from china
the one I like is the ABUS 65/15 , small, light and secure
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

I use the Abus 65/20 brass padlock with my metal cage. It is much better quality than the Chinese one that came with it so I have every confidence that it's not going to cause problems with long term use.

http://www.screwsandfasteners.co.uk/ABU ... gJV7PD_BwE
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

A possible idea for this lock problem. It could be a bit fiddly to make You will need some low temperature silver brazing rod and a torch, a hack saw and a couple of files a drill and a small bench vice. Some sort of pillar drill will help to drill the holes accurately - and be safer. I hope the diagram is reasonably self explanatory. When locked, the brass blocks go right down onto the top of the lock body, so they just become an extension of the lock body itself. You need to shape the brass blocks so they are the same shape as the lock body. Do the brazing with the lock open. You need to keep the lock body itself cool or the springs will go soft. Should be possible with care.The idea is that you put the rod through the hole on the CB. Fit the other brass block onto the rod, then lock the lock. The gap between the two brass blocks should be just big enough to accommodate the hole in the CB. The result should rattle less and be more difficult to cut through.

Unfortunately I just can't get a chastity device that really works, but that is another story. If I wanted to use a cage with a padlock I think I would attempt to do this.
Attachments
Lock_CB_1.jpg
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

My "go to" padlock is the Lockwood 110/25. (Lockwood was an Australian manufacturer, now owned by Assa Abloy.) It has four pins in the cylinder, instead of the usual three for a padlock that size. I don't like padlocks I can pick with a bent paperclip, and while the better constructed 3-pin locks don't yield instantly, they're pretty vulnerable. Four means you're looking at a "proper" picking job ...

I'm not hugely impressed by either Abus or Master padlocks (especially the latter), but at least they're not the kind of crap that comes free with Chinese bondage toys.
slut_jennie

Post by slut_jennie »

I normally buy TSA locks for suitcases, they exist in many interesting colors and are suitable small for my cb6ks and my Bon4M small.
Closet sissy crossdresser that enjoys chasity play and high heels. I like to go out in public while being locked into my chastity device and look at all the pretty girls, knowing that they would laugh at me if they knew about my small penis locked away.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I have a set of Yale Y110J/15 locks, which are 15mm body locks with a 2.8mm thick shackle and a rounded plastic housing. Perfect for this sort of application.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*