The ultimate Chastity FAQ

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
KinkInSpace

The ultimate Chastity FAQ

Post by KinkInSpace »

Introduction
I have quite a few chastity devices myself now and I have played with all of them a lot. So I dare to say that I'm somewhat of an expert. But I started once myself to, and I remember all the questions I had back then, and was not finding satisfactory answers back then, and even today I occasionally look through the internet but not always find the right answers. So I decided to create this topic. As added bonus, if you have a question about chastity that is not on this list, feel free to reply to the topic asking your question. If you happen to know the answer, feel free to include that too so I can add it to the list. I'd love a moderator to sticky this. I'm sure it qualifies. :)

I tend to answer all the questions even the ones that are very basic or obvious, starting from basic, moving to advanced stuff.

The FAQ
Q. Is Chastity play possible for both males and females?
A. Yes. Although males have the advantage here, because a chastity cage is much smaller (and thus cheaper) than a chastity belt.

Q. What is the difference between a chastity cage and chastity belt?
A. A chastity belt is like a set of underpants that is lockable to ensure that it can't come off, whereas a chastity cage is a device that has a ring that goes behind the penis and ballsack with an enclosure for the penis and/or balls.

Q. Is a chastity cage really escape proof?
A. It depends on the cage. Unlike a chastity belt which can be secured above the hips, preventing it from coming off, a chastity cage has to be attached only to the penis. There are ways to get a very tight fit which will certainly don't come off, but the trade-off is that such tight fit is simply uncomfortable. It will start hurting bad in a matter of hours.

Q. Does that mean I can always escape a chastity cage then?
A. No, it means that it is a search for finding the right size that is both comfortable and secure, and it may be possible, depending on what you can accept as comfortable and how your body is build, that there is no chastity cage available that you can lock and not get off anymore.

Q. Does a chastity device prevents me from having an orgasm?
A. No. You will not be able to play with yourself, but an orgasm can be achieved in so many ways, a chastity device can never really prevent an orgasm. It is harder to get an orgasm, but not impossible.

Q. Does that mean a chastity device is a waste of money then?
A. On the contrary. Although you can get an orgasm in a chastity device if you really want to, you can simply make the arrangement with yourself or your Dom that when you wear one, you simply can't have an orgasm. In addition, wearing a chastity device feels great, and every time you go to the toilet, you have a constant reminder that you are owned by your Dom (or if you play solo, that you are in session).

Q. Does a chastity cage always hurts when you sleep?
A. The first days, yes, likely. If the chastity cage is not too big so you can take it off easily while locked, it will likely hurt when you sleep the first days. This is unavoidable. And if you haven't worn a chastity device for a while (say a month) and you sleep again with it, it is possibly going to give some discomfort the first evening again, maybe the second too, though nothing as painful as when you start. It may be that if you get the perfect fit which is very comfortable, it may not hurt at all. Everyone is different, but it is better to expect this to happen so you are prepared. For example, don't start with sleeping in chastity if you have a big day tomorrow. If your night is broken, it may cause for some tiredness the next day.

Q. Why does a chastity cage hurts when you sleep (in case it does)?
A. While you sleep, the penis gets erect. Unlike while you are awake, while you are asleep you do not feel pain until a treshold has been reached. Therefor the body does not register that the erection should stop at first. So it will continue to be erect forcing itself inside the chastity cage. A few things could happen:
1. The area around the base ring is compressed deeply into the skin, which makes the skin feel sore.
2. The ballsack is pulled away from the body, causing the ring to add pressure against the ball sack, and thus sore skin.
3. The chastity cage has some edges which, even though they are not sharp, press into the body and cause sore skin where contact is made with the edges. (common places, on top of the penis, between the penis and ballsack)

Q. But this only happens the first few nights?
A. Yes. The body learns why you wake up eventually from the pain, and although you will still get an erection, it will block the pain better or simply don't wake you up.

Q. Is there anything I can do to make it easier?
A. Definitely.
1. Go to the toilet before you go to bed to empty your bladder and don't drink too much before you head to bed.
2. Make sure the chastity cage is not too tight. Some cages simply won't work for you, in which case you need a different cage.
3. Chastity belts are an expensive alternative, although they will be uncomfortable the first nights too.

Q. How to put on a chastity cage?
A. There are a few methods on how to put on a chastity cage.
1. Balls through the base ring first, then the penis itself, then put the cage on.
2. Penis through the base ring first, then one ball at a time. I use this method myself, but it won't work if you are having an erection, even a small one, and if your ballsack is retreating, you need to warm it up first and stretch the skin enough to make room for the balls to move. It may still hurt a little in your balls when you try to get them through.
To get the cage on itself, a few things can be done.

1. Use a sock (thin material required) or the foot section of stockings or tights. Put it through the hole/slot/mouth of the cage first, then place your penis inside the sock/stockings/tights and pull it gently through the hole.
2. Use lube on your penis to get into the cage (do note: this will attract bacteria and means you have to clean your penis at least twice a day)
3. If you are not circumcised you can use the foreskin of your penis like a sock. Put the foreskin over the cock and insert it into the tube as far as possible using your fingers, then simply push your cock into the chastity cage so that the foreskin is no longer covering the cock (I use this method) and then realign the cock so the mouth of your cock sees the mouth of the cage.

Q. I'm still having trouble due to an erection?
A. New players will get horny when they hold their chastity cage in their hand knowing that it'll soon encompass their penis. This triggers an erection, and is completely normal. Luckily, once you have worn a chastity cage a few times, the erection can be controlled much better. It just takes a bit of experience.

Q. How can I prevent me from getting an erection when I want to put the chastity cage on?
A. This can be really hard, no doubt. The best thing you can do is first put the base ring on as good as you can, and with your pants down, ready to put the cage on, do something completely different. I find that playing a sudoku on my phone really helps me from completely forgetting that I am about to put a chastity cage on my penis.
If you attempt to put the cage on after it has gone flaccid and you're not fast enough, see if you can keep things in place and play another sudoku, or alternatively, play sudoku longer (like 2 games instead of 1) so your penis is as flaccid as it can be. After a while of trial and error, you simply get past the stage where you become horny, because frustration takes over. Mission accomplished. ;)

Q. Any recommendations for a chastity cage for a new player?
A. I found the CB6000 (s) to be a great chastity device to start. With the various sizes in rings it allows you to find out which size works best for you while being comfortable yet feeling secure enough that the cage won't fall off. I also have the Holy Trainer v2 which I found to be a very good cage to replace my CB6000s, once I knew what sizes I needed, and currently is my go-to chastity cage.

Q. Any chastity cage you would not recommend?
A. I've tried silicone chastity cages but I would not recommend them. Besides that mine broke too quickly in the part I thought would hold the longest, I found that because silicone is flexible, I could still pleasure myself through the cage. So it was more a sock for my penis that I could not get off without the key, than it was to take an effort to prevent me from getting an orgasm. It felt more like its job was to give me an orgasm, then laugh at me that the device could not be removed if I didn't had the key, which was not great because I had to get it off to clean up.

Q. What are things to note for when buying a chastity cage, even if I already bought one and have some experience?
A. If your goal is to have a device that can't come off, then the base ring can't be too big. Do note, that if you need a big ring there, then make sure the cage itself is as close to that ring as possible, so once the cage is secured, the space between the cage and the ring is as small as possible (you will want to look into the direction of 1cm or smaller. This is the space your ballsack will go through, and it will ensure that your balls can't go through here. You may still be able to pull your penis out of the cage backwards, but the balls will ensure that you are still trapped otherwise.
Last edited by KinkInSpace on 15 Feb 2017, 13:31, edited 4 times in total.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
greentea

Re: The ultimate Chastity FAQ

Post by greentea »

Nice introduction topic to chastity devices. I also have the CB-6000s, Holy Trainer v2, MM Jailbird w/both rings for a lock and for a screw, I also have a 3d printed device. Something that new users need to consider when first looking into devices that should be addressed is things about their own body style, in a truthful frame of mind. The shower or grower body styles and what they are looking for in the chaste lifestyle, or if its just for play (whether just hours, a day or two, or a week(s)).
I'm a grower, and found that without changes to the Holy Trainer or CB-6000s, both were ineffective. I'm not talking about being able to pull out of them if I wished, I could, but for the CB-6000s I would find myself bunched up close to the location where the tube starts to enlarge i.e. about half the tubes length. The Holy Trainer would always slide forward, it (even with the smallest ring made) was still too loose. Using "anti-pullout" inserts would often cause bruising with the CB-6000s, which was fixed with trimming the insert and smoothing it out, effectively making it secure, although I wouldn't were it for any length of time (because of cleaning after being encased inside of the plastic for so long). The Holy Trainer I modified by adding layers of plastic "dip" to the ring until it was more rounded and vastly smaller.
Of my other 2 devices, the MM Jailbird and the 3d printed, the Jailbird can (and is) used for long term wear, the 3d printed is very short and imho unusable. The costs involved with the Jailbird is much more than the other devices, and after messing up my first order, was even more expensive. I initially ordered what I thought was a cage too small. After awhile saved enough to purchase a new one, now a few years later, wished I had kept the smaller cage which is/was about 3/4 of an inch smaller than my current Jailbird. After I had gotten the new cage I cut apart the old ones cage part to make it into a locking cock ring.
All in all I think I went about learning chastity devices fairly well. I totally agree with for those interested in chastity, to first look into the CB-6000 series. I still wear mine quite often, it is especially nice if I'm wishing to do some estim play. I do have a new device coming in the mail (from DH Gate), that has the magic locker setup, and is a very small cage, might be too small practicably, but we will see. And as I sit typing I'm debating on if I should remove the Holy Trainer that I currently have on, since I haven't started a session on Emlalock yet and lost access to my key.
Which is another thing, I only have one key to any of my devices. Everyone is different, but I like to know that if I'm locked, I'm stuck.
lj

Post by lj »

I'd like to suggest we run this thread to get ideas and comments, before committing any of it to FAQ - I don't have a problem with making it a "sticky" but chastity is a wide subject and, particularly with male chastity, there is a huge variation in devices and how well they work, the problems they produce and the solutions people find.

I'll show willing and add a few thoughts of my own.

I once made a full chastity belt (rivetted aluminium sheet and bar) which worked very well in making an orgasm impossible as I simply couldn't get stimulation to the vital nerve centres, and hadn't discovered my nipple pain/orgasm link ! The belt was, however, not comfortable and needed removal for hygiene and defecation.

I bought a cast metal device that looked good but was too big unless I was fully erect (I'm a "grower" with approx 3:1 size change) and you can't maintain a continuous erection for long, so it tended to fall off.

I borrowed a CB3000, but this had a hinged base ring and I developed a very nasty sore after only four days, from skin getting trapped and abraded by the hinge area. A CB6000s came along next, this was also a bit too big when relaxed and I suffered the common problem of a nightime erection stretching the scrotum and putting pressure on the balls, resulting in considerable pain.

I made my own version of the "points of intrigue" from machined acrylic - these are a set of points that are fit within the ring and cage, pressing down on the shaft, intended to prevent withdrawal of the penis from the cage. This was very effective in that task, but also made erections excruciatingly painful - I made the big mistake of getting My Lady to hide the keys when she went away for a few days, with me locked in before she left. I began to dread going to sleep, and after four days had to ask her to tell me where the keys were as I could no longer cope. Fortunately she did.

Which brings me to the JailBird. For those who don't know, this is a custom device made to detailed measurements, and consists of a cage made from stainless steel rods , and a base ring, also stainless steel. Mine is inescapable and stops erections starting because expansion is immediately limited by the snug fitting cage, so the problems of partial or compete erections stretching the scrotum or putting pressure on the balls doesn't happen. Orgasm is indeed possible, but is totally unsatisfying, a "ruined orgasm", and simply not worth the effort.

Hygiene is a problem with any device, to some extent. Skin is designed to be the outer layer of your body, so enclosing it with anything will lead to problems. Close-fitting plastic tubes encourage bacterial growth, so either frequent removal or the use of bactericides is essential, and the unpleasant smells tend to get locked into the plastic. Metal devices are obviously easier to clean, particularly the open cage designs like the JailBird which can be worn 24/7/365 if you shower regularly.

Cost is an issue. "You get what you pay for" is generally true. If you will be using the device for an hour or two, pretty much anything is OK. If it is going to be used to prevent intercourse and generally stop sexual activity, you almost certainly need a custom device to get the required security. Cheap devices are cheap for a reason - poor materials. Chinese rip-offs are particularly bad for this, their definition of "stainless steel" includes nickel and chrome plated mild steel, and similarly plated cast metal. These may look pretty, but will not last and can be positively dangerous with sharp flakes of the plating breaking off. Most "serious" chastity device users will tell you they wasted far more on cheap devices than they paid for a well-designed custom device. There's nothing wrong with using a cheap device to try out the chastity lifestyle, but very very few will get exactly the right fit that makes chastity workable.

OK, enogh from me, what do you want to say ?
be a switch, double the fun :-)
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Thanks lj for your insight.

Yeah I can totally see where you're coming from. Given that you are a moderator (or any other mod for that matter) feel free to edit the FAQ to add/change anything as you see fit. I will do the same of course and I won't feel offended. :)

I have already made some changes based on lj's post to reflect that a night-time erection may not be a problem if the chastity device is a perfect fit. I find it rare to be the case for anyone who is starting out, and I wonder if someone who never wore a chastity cage, to wear one over night which has a perfect fit, if they don't still get some discomfort or even pain during the night. lj, you too have a history of different cages. What was the first cage you slept in, and was it painless the very first night?
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
lj

Post by lj »

Slave_L wrote: lj, you too have a history of different cages. What was the first cage you slept in, and was it painless the very first night?
the only one that was painless is the JailBird, all the others were uncomfortable to some degree
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

lj wrote:
Slave_L wrote: lj, you too have a history of different cages. What was the first cage you slept in, and was it painless the very first night?
the only one that was painless is the JailBird, all the others were uncomfortable to some degree
Sounds like your body has adjusted to the pain before you got the right cage.

I do notice, that as I am in a chastity cage, my pain threshold raises. I was out in January, cumming daily, and I noticed that my nipples were much more sensitive. I'm in chastity since the beginning of February, and my nipples are back to their other level of sensitiveness. It did take a few days to get to that level again. In January I would not have put a needle through my nipples, but did so yesterday.
MKu

Post by MKu »

Slave_L wrote:Introduction
1. Use a sock. Put the sock on your penis, put the end through the mouth of the cage and pull through.
2. Use lube on your penis to get into the cage (do note: this will attract bacteria and means you have to clean your penis at least twice a day)
3. Put the foreskin of your penis over the cock and insert it into the tube as far as possible using your fingers, then simply push your cock into the chastity cage so that the foreskin is no longer covering the cock (I use this method) and then realign the cock so the mouth of your cock sees the mouth of the cage.
Instead of socks, i use the cut off foot part of stockings with a run.
Indeed over time people got knowledge but no wisdom.

Accidents do not happen, they are caused.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

MKu wrote:
Slave_L wrote:Introduction
1. Use a sock. Put the sock on your penis, put the end through the mouth of the cage and pull through.
3. Put the foreskin of your penis over the cock and insert it into the tube as far as possible using your fingers, then simply push your cock into the chastity cage so that the foreskin is no longer covering the cock (I use this method) and then realign the cock so the mouth of your cock sees the mouth of the cage.
Instead of socks, i use the cut off foot part of stockings with a run.
Can you clarify on this? I have no idea what you mean. Once I do, I can add it to the FAQ.
lj

Post by lj »

I'll reply to the question

there are three suggested methods

1 assuming the chastity device cage has a hole or slot at the end - put penis into a sock (would have to be a thin material) or better the foot section of stocking or tights. Thread the toe end of sock/stocking through the hole/slot, then gently draw the toe end out. The penis is guided by the sock/stocking towards the end of the device tube. The sock/stocking is then pulled through the cage, leaving the penis in the cage. This works if the penis is naturally tight in the cage, or in case of partial erection.

2 using lube makes it easier to slide the penis into the cage

3 if you are not circumsised, you can use the foreskin a bit like in the sock/stocking method.

I would also comment that many men will have a problem getting into a chastity device when they start on chastity play, as the "excitement" produces at least a partial erection. Once chastity is a regular event, that doesn't happen, as it is just a part of life.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Excellent addition lj, and thanks for the clarification. I've added them to the FAQ.
steelcollar

Post by steelcollar »

I have noted the adverse comments bout having a hinged ring vs the solid one.
But for the solid, anything (like balls) that can be put IN can also come out.
Not so with a well-fitting hinged ring. Lubricant helps solve problems.

There is also question of solid tube vs a cage. The tube hides the penis, but for a woman who wants to tease her man about his trapped penis and how small it is, the cage is better.

One more thing - - granted there are Chinese rip-offs, but not all cheaper (i.e., less than $70) devices are inferior. Especial metal ones; they do not fall apart like the plastic ones can. So compare prices - - some places charge big bucks for what can be bought on Amazon for 1/4 as much, or less.
lj

Post by lj »

steelcollar wrote:I have noted the adverse comments bout having a hinged ring vs the solid one.
But for the solid, anything (like balls) that can be put IN can also come out.
It depends upon the design of the device. For example, my JailBird has a solid ring, but the gap between the cage ring and the base ring is too small to let the balls go through, so the device stays in place. You don't get any flexibility with stainless steel, unlike the plastic devices, so the gap doesn't change however much you want it to!
chainmale1

Post by chainmale1 »

Having used a lot of chastity devices, I agree they must fit snug but not so tight it cuts the circulation off, I use a wand also, one has a hole in the end for long sessions and a solid one to prevent me from Cumming.
also I have one that I can use zip ties and that one cant be removed with out cutting the zip ties first,
also I find a tight ball stretcher keeps me from getting hard and coming.
Have fun!
I love not being able to function as a man, it prolongs the fun in a bondage session. You men know what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chainmale1 :rofl: