Need a simple dare for selfbondage sleep

Post your dares or request a dare here.
loicbdsm

Need a simple dare for selfbondage sleep

Post by loicbdsm »

Hi everyone :hi:

I'm still relatively inexperienced when it comes to Selfbondage (I have handcuffs with a safety release and always tend to release myself before the primary release.) :oops: :cry: :facepalm:
I recently finally got my own apartment and I am planning on doing a very simple session where I sleep with some restraints and was wondering if anyone could give me a hand to tell me what to do in said session.

I have:
- handcuffs (with safety release)
- clover clamps
- a chain
- several different sized padlocks
- a ballgag :gag: (I realize that this is clearly unsafe for sleeping but i'm just telling you guys what I have)
- several lengths of short rope
- a buttplug
- lube

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to some exciting ideas! :D

PS: Can anyone recommend a good website where I could buy some actual good handcuffs with no safety release that ships to France?

- Loic
loicbdsm

Re: Need a simple dare for selfbondage sleep

Post by loicbdsm »

PPS: Other than that i'd like to add that apart from the idea of sleeping in bondage it would be awesome if someone could give me a selfbondage dare to do in my new apartment! I think that the idea of knowing that someone else will be asking for news about how the scenario went will push me to actually finally complete it! :P
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

Salut Loic,

as for handcuffs, I do not recommend them neither for sleeping nor for solo play. Handcuffs are unforgiving, with hormones in the mix you are prone to make (stupid) mistakes. If your partner is in the next room or bound to come home soon, it's still humiliating BTDT. If you are alone, every mistake might be your last.

Having said that - I like ASP cuffs, because they have key holes on both sides, so you cannot put them on in the wrong way, with the keyholes unreachable.
Harry Tasker http://www.zwangsjacke.net should have them. Don't be put off by the look of his site - he's a really nice guy and into BDSM himself.

For sleeping in handcuffs I recommend darby-style handcuffs, the peerless style (aka normal handcuffs) has too many sharp edges.
You might either ask Harry Tasker or look at http://www.cuffsland.de

A bientôt,
Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
TheGentleman

Post by TheGentleman »

A quick safety reminder. Never restrain yourself to anything. It might be very embarrassing running out of a building restrained and naked. But it's better than being trapped in that building because the bed will not fit through the door.

While I agree with the captain, if you MUST use handcuffs, buy some leather cuffs and use the metal handcuffs over the leather cuffs. It will not protect you against overtightened cuffs, it will give some protection against those sharp edges.

TheGentleman
It's the quiet ones you need to fear (or enjoy) most.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

for a night sleeping in bondage, you will need more than just one chain. If I were using "only" chains and padlocks, this is the list of sizes I would get,

1 - 30" length chain(wrists)
1 - 35-40" chain(ankles)
and two pieces of chain to go from your secure anchor at the head and foot of the bed to just on top of the mattress.

once those two chains are secure at the head and foot of the bed, attach a padlock at the end of the footboard chain and a 4 digit combo lock at the end headboard chain. then lock the longer chain around one ankle, pass it through the padlock on the footboard chain and then lock it around your other ankle.

next, lock one end of the shorter chain around one of your wrists, then shut off the light that's on the stand next to your bed so that there is absolutely no light in the room to see the combo lock.(make sure the curtains are open though!) then pass the wrist chain through the combo lock and lock it around your other wrist with a padlock. with these lengths of chain, you should be able to get pretty comfortable to get a decent night sleep, and you can also vary the lengths to make it stricter by changing where you lock the chain on.

I do basically this, but with locking leather cuffs or steel shackles. but nothing beats the feeling of having only chains and padlocks secure you. it makes me feel absolutely helpless :drool: since there is no way im breaking a chain to free myself.

if getting all the chains at once, I might suggest going to two different stores to avoid any suspicions. :wink:

HAVE FUN, and I want to hear how well you are able to sleep like this. :whip:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, daylight is the release to this setup(if it wasn't apparent). this is the reason to make sure the curtains are open. also, make sure you know the combination of the combo lock too :roll: . I do this setup without a backup or emergency release because daylight is a pretty darn reliable release. the sun has to come up eventually, although, an overcast sky in the morning can add an hour or two to the fun. :wink:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
lj

Post by lj »

Handcuffs are designed to discourage movement and escape attempts by being painful unless you do nothing. Sleeping in handcuffs is a bad idea, you can easily cause damage (temporary or permanent) by trapping nerves, easily done when asleep.

I'd suggest lockable leather cuffs - you can make an alternative using thin chain threaded through suitable lengths of PVC tube.

With wrists and ankles cuffed, thread a length of chain through all of them and secure the loop with a padlock. Adjust the length of chain so you are restrained in a way that stops you extending an arm or leg without providing the slack by bringing another limb to wards the extended one - difficult to explain simply. The aim is to allow you to move with difficulty. You can buy all these parts (to make the home-made tube/chain cuffs) from a home hardware store.

This way you are not secured to the bed or anything else, and you can't dress in any way because you can't feed arms or legs into clothes. So you set you release key where you can't reach it (the ice-cube/stocking/key method is good) plus a safety key outside in a place where you will be seen if you get it (naked and embarrassed is better than dead!)

A friend of mine sometimes sleeps restrained like this when his Domme can't stand his snoring any more - apparently it stops him snoring as he can't lie on his back :shock:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

I have confirmed through personal experience the following statements. You may not enjoy real handcuffs so much as you may think.
lj wrote:Handcuffs are designed to discourage movement and escape attempts by being painful unless you do nothing. Sleeping in handcuffs is a bad idea, you can easily cause damage (temporary or permanent) by trapping nerves, easily done when asleep.

I'd suggest lockable leather cuffs - you can make an alternative using thin chain threaded through suitable lengths of PVC tube.
The handcuffs without the safety release may be even less comfortable than the current ones and be even more prone to cause bruising and damage during use. I found that having 2 pairs of handcuffs and using 1 pair (2 cuffs) on each wrist was more comfortable. Use chain or rope to secure the two pairs a decent distance apart. Use ASP brand handcuffs or a person could easily get a pair stuck on the wrist with the key holes facing each other. Placing these over thick cotton socks with a hole cut in the toe for the hand to stick out makes bruising and damage even less likely. There are also neoprene wraps to protect the wrist and ankles from damage. Doing all of this, a person can still temporararily loose the use of their fingers for a while if they move wrong especially overnight. Hope you do not need your fingers for the keys. :rofl: :facepalm:

For a little more than ASP handcuffs, medical locking wrist cuffs from Segufix are available. These are almost completely safe as long as they are not applied too tight and very difficult to cause nerve damage. Key safety is the same as handcuffs; no release without the key. I have Humane Restraint cuffs and stopped using handcuffs once I got these. A friend let me try the Segufix and those are basically as good but made a little different. I really liked them and want a set. They have a better fit and a lower risk of bruising.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

Hi folks,

that why I recommended Darby-style handcuffs for sleeping: they do not have sharp edges. I sleep with them from time to time, never had issues.

If you're interested in medical restraints - ask Harry Tasker again. He issued his own brand last year, way cheaper than anything else. But since that's not my cup of tea I didn't bother to remember their name.

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!