Fifty Shades of Grey: Would you dare to go with restraints?

Post your dares or request a dare here.
steelcollar

Fifty Shades of Grey: Would you dare to go with restraints?

Post by steelcollar »

Do any of you women dare to wear a collar and leash to the movie? Handcuffs (in front) would be a plus.
Even better a plus is to have another person, male or female, holding that leash.

Now before any of you berate me for suggesting the innocent public be subjected to this kinky idea, consider that the people who are going to this movie are curious, if not practicing, in BDSM. One need not walk thru the lobby like this; multiplexes have an entrance space, outside the view of the audience, when one could slip on the collar, cuffs, etc. And be the last one out, and remove them.
Last edited by Sir Cumference on 17 Mar 2015, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: headline improvement
TheWingmen

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

Post by TheWingmen »

Why just women? Why not the guys going with their significant others? Haha, but in all seriousness I've hear that the movie isn't really even erotic at all, and is a bad representation of the BDSM community, I won't be going to see it anytime soon.
Jadit

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

Post by Jadit »

TheWingmen wrote:...and is a bad representation of the BDSM community, I won't be going to see it anytime soon.
I've seen it, not in movies but net stream :P It's not trying to represent any kind of BDSM community, but just adapt a book into movie. I haven't read the book but what i've heard is that it fails to capture the book into film too.

And no, i would never show equipment such as collars to outsiders. They do not need to know about my or possible partners fetishes. It would also mark one as a weirdo. Culture is million years away from accepting BDSM as a normal hobby, sadly.
bound_jenny

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey: Would you dare to go with restrain

Post by bound_jenny »

It will make some people curious. From what I've heard, most of those that went to see it in theatres were women.

So there will be some ladies who will feel peculiar when watching this, regardless of how good or bad the movie is. They will feel oddly aroused, and recognize it. Those are the ones that will seek to experiment with kink. They will want to try something new and exciting. They will want to bring some spice and variety to their intimate relations.

In their explorations, they will find new sensations, new emotions, some very unfamiliar. But compelling. Maybe they will take time to think about it, after a first dip of the toe in the waters of kink. And try again when ready. Maybe think some more then. Some will wrestle with a lifetime of conditioning to shun such things.

Some will eventually jump in wholeheartedly, recognizing that there's nothing wrong with getting more fun out of what nature gave us.

Or even taking control. :whip: :twisted:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

bound_jenny wrote:It will make some people curious. From what I've heard, most of those that went to see it in theatres were women.

So there will be some ladies who will feel peculiar when watching this, regardless of how good or bad the movie is. They will feel oddly aroused, and recognize it. Those are the ones that will seek to experiment with kink. They will want to try something new and exciting. They will want to bring some spice and variety to their intimate relations.

In their explorations, they will find new sensations, new emotions, some very unfamiliar. But compelling. Maybe they will take time to think about it, after a first dip of the toe in the waters of kink. And try again when ready. Maybe think some more then. Some will wrestle with a lifetime of conditioning to shun such things.

Some will eventually jump in wholeheartedly, recognizing that there's nothing wrong with getting more fun out of what nature gave us.

Or even taking control. :whip: :twisted:

Jenny.
Maybe, or maybe not. Every woman I know who has gone and seen it has been sorta like, "meh.." as far as the arousal goes. Including my girlfriend who is super down with bondage, and dominant/submissive relationship (ever since I introduced her :twisted: ) But who knows, maybe it will indeed add a few newcomers to our ranks! We can only hope right? I guess if the book did anything it brought the topic of bondage a little more mainstream. Now its not so weird to talk about in public. For instance quite a few of my friends and my girlfriends friends know we enjoy bondage (though not to what extent we enjoy it, they get some of the more vanilla details)
lj

Post by lj »

Some of my female Munch friends went to see the film "suitably" dressed - I wasn't there but I imagine there were a few collars and some fetish clothing on view.

Personally I am not comfortable with the idea of wearing overt fetish gear to deliberately draw attention to our kink, just as I don't think nudists should flash their gear in a public place, or that I should tell my (vanilla) friends what I get up to in play-parties, or hear what they do in bed. But other people can do what they like, and judge their behaviour by their own standards. I make no criticism, it's just not what I would choose to do.

On the other hand, I am always happy to discuss kink with people who ask, and spend a lot of time at our Munch talking to newcomers, explaining how things work and answering questions about the kink lifestyle.

Has 50 Shades been a good thing ? On balance I think it has. It has made conversations possible, that might never have taken place. I've certainly had discussions from people on the fringe of kink who have been able to start a conversation using 50SOG as an anchor. And it might make some people wonder if they should pursue these puzzling thoughts that fly in the face of "normal" sexuality.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Qurat

Post by Qurat »

Dont read the book before going to movies. You will know all that is going to happen and will be dissappointed that cool episodes were left out.
Sadly despite the fact that movie is really well advertised and got colossal fuzz around it, I expected more than 3 slaps on the ass...
Its 50% painless- it doesnt hurt me at all!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

As I have mentioned, it will make some people curious about it. And make them talk about it. That's the whole point. Whether or not they jump in, that all depends. Some will, some won't. And as I have also mentioned, there are a lot of blocks in the form of social and/or religious conditioning that might get in the way of anything more than just curiosity.

Some will look into the subject on line, and might even stumble into our little piece of heaven. And find out that it's possible to experiment solo, as we do.

Fifty Shades Of Grey is just opening the door a teeny little crack. And we all know that when a door is just a tiny bit ajar, and there's something going on beyond it, it's irresistible to have a peek.

I know because a long, long time ago, I peeked. Look at me now! :whip: :twisted:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Qurat

Post by Qurat »

Looking at you, future will be bright for little pervs to be...here in finland socalled bdsm sociaety did a big event out of it. With bdsm gear and stuff. Dunno how extreme they went but collars and leashes were out in public. I am not quite sure, if it made good influence for youngsters in the theater lobby. When I was waching the movie, giggling were constant background sound. So kind of innosence of childhood were defenetly broken during the show. Hopefully it gives strength to small pervobacteria that has made its nest in youngster soul. But I strongly suggsest to take a sub, install cool attatchments on/into him/her and enjoy the movie... :twisted:
Its 50% painless- it doesnt hurt me at all!