Completely new to selfbondage, any suggestions?

Post your dares or request a dare here.
morbidotoaster

Completely new to selfbondage, any suggestions?

Post by morbidotoaster »

Completely new to selfbondage, I would love to try something I can feel safe with, yet something that is restrictive.
Anyone here how have some good scenarios I can try out? :hi:
Tenderfoot88

Re: Completely new to selfbondage, any suggestions?

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Well, since you're so new, I'll point out that nothing in self bondage is truly safe. Even the most benign ties...well, perhaps not the most benign, but... is a bit risky. I could summarize the basics of safety, but we have an excellent safety board that covers pretty much every idea we've come up with in terms of both identifying hazards and designing countermeasures. Reading that will also help acquaint you with the other people on the forum, and I have been subtly informed that I can belabour the safety issue a tad more than is strictly necessary, so browsing the safety board is probably a better use of your time.

As for scenarios - how restrictive do you want? There's a variety of means of tethering yourself to the corners of your bed - a spreadeagle (even if you don't have bedposts to tie yourself to, though that makes it a lot easier.) In this kind of tie, your legs and wrists are pretty much useless, but you can shift your torso around a fair bit. Or you could do a ball tie - tie your legs together in a kneeling position (almost a frogtie, though that term technically applies to tying each leg separately and letting them stick out to the side the way a frog's legs do), then a chest harness holding your chest to the legs, then handcuff yourself with the wrists together, hugging the legs close to your body. (Not much you can do in this kind of position, which is largely the point.

If you want inspiration, try some of the relevant image-blogs on Tumblr, like http://putmeinherplace.tumblr.com/. (Disclaimer - I have no control over what images are placed here - while they tend to be BDSM oriented, there is an occasional glimpse of genitals.) (Morbido: the disclaimer's there because of the forum's most easily broken rule - images of genitals (female or male) aren't allowed except by providing a link with a disclaimer warning the user.) Keep in mind that these will tend to be professionally done bondage scenarios, not homemade self-bondage rigs. Think through the entire process of getting out of a scenario, and find an answer for everything that can go wrong along the way before you try it. Know your path to freedom inside out.
lj

Re: Completely new to selfbondage, any suggestions?

Post by lj »

There is more inspiration, closer to home, as it were :wink:

www.boundanna.com

just look at the "scenarios" pages, lots to try. "Basics" also gives good information on techniques, and as Tenderfoot says, "safety" is worth reading before the final lock clicks into place.
be a switch, double the fun :-)