Quote help

How to do things in the forum. (Such as inserting pictures into your post.)
tieman

Post by tieman »

OK I am a little dense here. I have tried to include quotes in those little boxes and cannot get the job done. I have tried hitting the quote button but the text appears without a box. Also the heading above the box will say "So and So wrote". Sorry if I am a complete doufus but I could us some help. Thanks to anyone for assisting me.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

The box will not be visible when you write your post. When you click on quote it will look something like this:

[quote="tieman"]OK I am a little dense here. I have tried to include quotes in those little boxes and cannot get the job done. I have tried hitting the quote button but the text appears without a box. Also the heading above the box will say "So and So wrote". Sorry if I am a complete doufus but I could us some help. Thanks to anyone for assisting me.[/quote]
Insert your own text here.
Last edited by anna on 26 Jan 2008, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

And it will look like this:
tieman wrote:OK I am a little dense here. I have tried to include quotes in those little boxes and cannot get the job done. I have tried hitting the quote button but the text appears without a box. Also the heading above the box will say "So and So wrote". Sorry if I am a complete doufus but I could us some help. Thanks to anyone for assisting me.
Insert your own text here.

(See http://forum.boundanna.net/forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode for more help how to use the forum and if it still does not work, please ask like you just did.)
Bound&Helpless

Post by Bound&Helpless »

If you hit quote button on the top right side of the message then it will take you to the post a reply screen.

Then you will see a bunch of text ready for you. If you start writting after [/quote] at the end, then that will work fine.

The best way to learn to go to the test part and mess around there
tieman

Post by tieman »

Bound&Helpless wrote: The best way to learn to go to the test part and mess around there

Testing Testing

I am messing around as suggested

The instruction link is good, first time I found it.

Thanks all
tieman

Post by tieman »

Anna wrote:(See http://forum.boundanna.net/forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode for more help how to use the forum and if it still does not work, please ask like you just did.)

Is this a generally findable link? I looked in FAQ and elsewhere but did not find it. Am I looking in the right place or did you give out the super secret link so I will quit asking dumb questions?
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

heh, actually it's linked somewhere very obvious.

*points at the "BBCode is ON" link under the smilies, to the right of the posting box*
tieman

Post by tieman »

Warlock wrote:heh, actually it's linked somewhere very obvious.

*points at the "BBCode is ON" link under the smilies, to the right of the posting box*
Oh
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

tieman wrote:
Warlock wrote:heh, actually it's linked somewhere very obvious.

Oh
8)