Shoes, and shoe tips (US)

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
TomTourniquet

Re: Shoes, and shoe tips (US)

Post by TomTourniquet »

Like a few others here, I wear an 11 in both men's and women's. Found that out by getting measured. I'm happy to say that I simply walked up to a saleswoman and told her that I was going to a party that evening in drag, and I needed high heels ASAP. She smiled and said "Cool!"
debbie

Post by debbie »

I think crossdressers , especially sissys should be sent to the store to try the shoes on before they buy , that will ensure a good fit
Pamelacd

Post by Pamelacd »

debbie wrote:I think crossdressers , especially sissys should be sent to the store to try the shoes on before they buy , that will ensure a good fit
All well and good, but that does nothing for those who want to buy shoes on the net.

I had bought a pair of size US Women's' 13 high heel pumps. I could wear them sitting but could not walk in them as too tight, so sold them on and bought some US W14s, only to find them too loose and needed cotton wool in the toe as filler.
Bought a pair of size US women's 13 out of the UK and they are a great fit. I take a 9&1/2 or 10 UK mens so the transfer codes do not work.

The square boxed chart supplied above by "Bondagegames" is flawed. If you compare the UK M & W sizes to the Euro sizes, a woman's size is bigger than equivalent man's size ! with a W 9 1/2 being equal to a M 10 ???
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

Pamelacd wrote:
debbie wrote:The square boxed chart supplied above by "Bondagegames" is flawed. If you compare the UK M & W sizes to the Euro sizes, a woman's size is bigger than equivalent man's size ! with a W 9 1/2 being equal to a M 10 ???
Just a quick note, I only posted about US sizing because that's all I am knowledgeable about. The chart was put in after the fact by someone other than myself, and quite honestly I didn't even really look at it because I planned to come back and edit a few things in this but (still) never got to it.

It's always best to try before you buy because there's simply NO true standard for shoe sizing; that goes for length or width. Any brand could fit differently than the next. Hell, even styles within the same brand can fit differently. And sometimes even the same style could be manufactured at different plants, or in a different year and not be using an identical "mold" for the size of the shoe, so THOSE will be different as well!

I was just giving general tips and suggestions for people who are looking at US sized shoes. The sizing "system" in place is far less logical than most other places, so I figured any help was good help. If someone wants to add info about UK, European, Japanese, or any other kind of sizing, I would prefer it to either be constructive enough to be added into this post later by myself, or done as a separate thread. Saying that something I don't know about and didn't talk about is wrong isn't exactly constructive in my eyes, although I do understand your perspective in posting what is above.
Pamelacd

Post by Pamelacd »

slkdyk wrote:Here is a size conversion chart with inches/centimeters that may make crossing sizes a little easier.

http://www.zappos.com/c/shoe-size-conversion
I have not been back into here for a while and it looks like no new postings from others either.

The reference above for the Zappos conversion chart seems to be fairly accurate (from my experiences ).
Sadly, many of the US names such as 'Pleaser' and the like are now being made in (dare I say it without causing an uproar) China. Someone will tell me off, but I suspect that is the trouble, as controls on sizing and labelling do not seem to be as stringent as they could be ???

For example, I tried on 3 pairs of trousers, all the same brand, all labelled with the same waistband size, all in the one shop and all made in China. One was too loose, one I could not button up and one fitted fine. But all the same size ??????
And no, I am not racist against Chinese.
gemt

Post by gemt »

Sizes vary between brands a lot, even different brands in the same shop, unless the shop has a lot of control over their suppliers. There is no standardisation. This appears to be true throughout Europe and the US. The Chinese make what they are asked to make.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

i wear a US size 10 1/5 w mens and was wondering if somebody had a pair of heels i could buy cheep as i have never tied to walk in them and would love to give a try.
whitney_CD_bound32

Post by whitney_CD_bound32 »

gemt wrote:Sizes vary between brands a lot, even different brands in the same shop, unless the shop has a lot of control over their suppliers. There is no standardisation. This appears to be true throughout Europe and the US. The Chinese make what they are asked to make.
I am going to have to agree with gemt here. I live in the US and different manufactures are slightly different in their sizes. For example I wear a Men's size 10.5 shoe and according to most size conversion charts out there I should be in a size 12 women's. This is not the case, in most brands depending on the manufacturer I fit nicely into a size 9-9.5 women's.
I have found that if it is an open-toed shoe like sandals, platforms, scrappy style shoe I wear a 9.5. if it is a closed toe pump or platform style shoe I ear a 9.5.
In my years of experience I would suggest (if you can) getting several cheap pairs in different styles and brands. After owning several pairs and trying them out you will soon realize what size is for you, in whichever brand and what style.
Let me know if any of this makes sense or helps. :lol:
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I am a perfect 10 :mrgreen:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Everything I own is a 10. Pumps, boots, strappies, flats. My recent experience with flats has shown me that some sizes run large or small. My Bella Marie flats are a perfect fit at 10. My Dream Pairs flats were too small at 10, and a little big as size 11. Not sure if I am keeping them, but in the absence of being able to go into a store and try them on, (tricky right now with Corona running around) then try to read the description or get a review to find out if some shoes run large or small. Not sure if I will review the Dream Pairs, but they would have been great, if only they fit....
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Andrea Loves Bondage

Post by Andrea Loves Bondage »

Check these out:
IMG_4401.jpg
Definitely a crossdressing item and a bondage item.
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

As someone with wide feet, I've found that most closed-toe shoes don't pose too much of a problem, I can cram my toes in without too much problem and have it only be a little uncomfortable. :)

However, with open-toed shoes, particularly strappy sandals, this is an entirely different matter. If your feet are wide, try to find wide-width heels or at the very least, leather because it has some ability to stretch. Man-made materials have no give and you may not even be able to put the shoes on at all.
Shannon SteelSlave

vm1971 wrote:As someone with wide feet, I've found that most closed-toe shoes don't pose too much of a problem, I can cram my toes in without too much problem and have it only be a little uncomfortable. :)

However, with open-toed shoes, particularly strappy sandals, this is an entirely different matter. If your feet are wide, try to find wide-width heels or at the very least, leather because it has some ability to stretch. Man-made materials have no give and you may not even be able to put the shoes on at all.
So you mean literally the opposite of this ? : viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12968
👠👠
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:So you mean literally the opposite of this ? : viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12968
There's a reason I don't wear 6" heels. Even with 4" heels, my toes don't fit all that nicely and would still hurt with extended wear. I was just saying that I can get my toes in and have it be somewhat uncomfortable yet still tolerable.

Also, most of the time, I'm hogtied and not standing. :)
Natybound

Post by Natybound »

Andrea Loves Bondage wrote:Check these out:
IMG_4401.jpg
Definitely a crossdressing item and a bondage item.
...especially a bondage item, I couldn't walk with them (but being all tied up I couldn't do it anyway) :rofl: