What is the "Norm"?

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
restricted

What is the "Norm"?

Post by restricted »

Okay, let's accept that there are a lot of cross dressers for one reason or another on the planet has their own reason, "mum always dressed me in girls clothes, had to ply with girls and their dolls, I like the feel of their clothes as they are softer than men's". We all start out female that's why men have nipples. Perhaps that is why we cross dress. From early ages it is drummed in to us girls wear skirts and dresses, boys wear shorts or trousers. Blame mum for that if you like.

Perhaps it is how much testosterone we have in our blood that makes us do it. I don't know. I'm not a scientist. It could be why some girls like wearing men's clothes? Possibly they have a large amount of testosterone in their make up. Why some people are gay. Fair enough, people don't like it, but it is hurting no one. Maybe the cross dresser who gets beaten up. But he or she has hurt no one.

What we have to look at is the whole picture. They say cross dressers are "weird". Could it be in fact that cross dressing is normal and it's sticking to the "male/female" clothing of ones own gender that is weird. We all have identical nerve endings, although in the sex area women have hell of a lot more. We all feel material identically and the female clothing is softer and nicer to feel. But the feel of panties around the cock is a lovely feeling so why should people get upset if they find you wear them?

A nice p[air of panties and a short skirt is cooler that wearing shorts in hot weather. (Again, men's shorts are normally thicker and than women's). That causes me to get sticky in the crotch area. This morning it was nice and windy and I went out into the garden in my full circle short skaters skirt. It was quite windy and it was a lovely feeling in the garden when the wind lifted my skirt to reveal my panties.

Now doctors say men should wear loose clothing in order to increase their chance of producing fertile sperm. So why not tell men to wear panties and skirts or just the skirts as much as possible? It would be cheaper than taking tablets etc and the girls could have fun deciding what they would like their men to wear.
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.
bound_jenny

Re: What is the "Norm"?

Post by bound_jenny »

There was a study done on transgender people (those who have undergone transition, mostly) some time ago, in fact two studies - the second expanded on the first to get a bigger sample size - and it seems that a small bit of brain (I remember only the medical abbreviation bstc) is the determining factor.

They found that in male-to-female transgendered people, that small bit is the same size as in women, i.e. about half the size of men's.
The reverse is true in female-to-male, meaning that it's twice the size as in non-transgendered women, i.e. the same size as men's.

It is of note that at birth, we all have the same size bstc. Men, during infancy (4-10 months, plus or minus) have a testosterone surge the seems to "add the male plug-in" - doubling the size of the bstc - before testosterone levels fall off until puberty. If something interferes with that hormone surge, this doesn't happen. Also, outside of this time frame in infancy, hormone treatments don't have any effect. If you want to add a driver, it's during the setup phase.

They compared gay men and women and found there was no difference with their heterosexual kin.

They concluded that homosexuality and transgenderism don't have the same origin. For transgendered people, it's neurological.

I don't remember much of the rest of the studies. I remembered this bit because it was utterly fascinating.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bluebird67

Post by bluebird67 »

bound_jenny wrote:There was a study done on transgender people (those who have undergone transition, mostly) some time ago, in fact two studies - the second expanded on the first to get a bigger sample size - and it seems that a small bit of brain (I remember only the medical abbreviation bstc) is the determining factor.
<snip/>
I don't remember much of the rest of the studies. I remembered this bit because it was utterly fascinating.

Jenny.
Fascinating indeed. Googling "bstc brain region" finds this article where we find
The recent report from Dick Swaab and his colleagues at the Netherlands Institute for Brain Research confirms this notion (Zhou, J. N., Hofman, M. A, Gooren, L. J. G., & Swaab, D. F. A sex difference in the human brain and its relation to transsexuality. Nature, 378, 68-70, 1995). Swaab and colleagues examined the brains of many individuals, including homosexual men, heterosexual men and women and six male-to-female transsexuals. They found that a tiny region with the unwieldy name of the central region of the bed nucleus of the stria terininalis (BSTc) was larger in men than in women.
I'm not surprised Jenny couldn't remember the full name of the region!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

That's exactly what I had read! :D
bluebird67 wrote:I'm not surprised Jenny couldn't remember the full name of the region!
I vaguely remember the stria terminalis part but the rest was clouded in the mists of time... :lol:

Funny that I remembered the latin part but not the rest... :?

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
restricted

Post by restricted »

The recent report from Dick Swaab and his colleagues at the Netherlands Institute for Brain Research confirms this notion (Zhou, J. N., Hofman, M. A, Gooren, L. J. G., & Swaab, D. F. A sex difference in the human brain and its relation to transsexuality. Nature, 378, 68-70, 1995). Swaab and colleagues examined the brains of many individuals, including homosexual men, heterosexual men and women and six male-to-female transsexuals. They found that a tiny region with the unwieldy name of the central region of the bed nucleus of the stria terininalis (BSTc) was larger in men than in women.
I got my knickers in a twist trying to understand it. :shock:

Oh well, back to the comfort of my skirts again.

The net petticoat turned up and I wear it unfer a full circkle skirt. I love the rustle that it and the skirt makes. (I find it comforting for some reason) plus it is warm and I love the way it gently scratches at my legs. Three more reasons for crossdressing perghaps. :D
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.