Would I be considered a cross dresser?

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
SBMiguel

Would I be considered a cross dresser?

Post by SBMiguel »

Hi everyone! This is a question that I have always asked myself for many years and would love to see your thoughts about it. I have made it pretty clear in previous posts that I am really into high heels even though I am a man. However when it comes to women's wear, high heels are pretty much the only thing that I like to wear. I haven't had any real urges to try on women's clothing(at least not yet) though I have had thoughts about how my heels would probably look better on me if i had clothes to match them lol :rofl: . Anyways. as of right now the only women's wear I am into is high heels. Would I be considered a crossdresser or is there such a thing as a cross shoer? :?: :D :hi:
Heels and bondage :gag:
bootlover1978

Re: Would I be considered a cross dresser?

Post by bootlover1978 »

That starts to become a semantic thing. Technically yes, just because anyone who wears anything intended for the opposing gender is *technically* crossdressing. But in comparison to others in the kink world, you really arent, you would just be a guy in heels. So what is a crossdresser? In theory, it's just a guy in womens clothing (or in the rarer instance, a girl in guys clothing)... so where does that line get drawn. Such a simple question that really never has a simple answer. I think the big thing is to not get hung up on the label and just enjoy whatever you might enjoy. If you feel like you should be called a crossdresser, then embrace the title. If you dont enjoy that title, then ignore it and claim you are "just a guy in heels". Either way you are right and people cant really tell you different.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

you could be a historian.look back about 400 years and upperclass men were wearing high heels.
they were originally designed for men.
Yogini4ever

Post by Yogini4ever »

You can call it anything, or you can call it you. With all this labeling going on one wonders what happened to Germaine Greers cry out: where the **** is the individual? I am a trans that loves to wear sneakers and abhors high heels...does that make me less trans..it doesn't make me less me.
SBMiguel

Post by SBMiguel »

tiemeupalso wrote:you could be a historian.look back about 400 years and upperclass men were wearing high heels.
they were originally designed for men.
Haha. what is interesting is that I am actually into history so you could be right lol
SBMiguel

Post by SBMiguel »

bootlover1978 wrote:That starts to become a semantic thing. Technically yes, just because anyone who wears anything intended for the opposing gender is *technically* crossdressing. But in comparison to others in the kink world, you really arent, you would just be a guy in heels. So what is a crossdresser? In theory, it's just a guy in womens clothing (or in the rarer instance, a girl in guys clothing)... so where does that line get drawn. Such a simple question that really never has a simple answer. I think the big thing is to not get hung up on the label and just enjoy whatever you might enjoy. If you feel like you should be called a crossdresser, then embrace the title. If you dont enjoy that title, then ignore it and claim you are "just a guy in heels". Either way you are right and people cant really tell you different.
I entirely agree with what you said and honestly the title of "just a guy in heels" is amazing lol. Thank you for your response!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I believe cross dressing is the act of a person of a given gender attempting to convince onlookers that they are the opposite gender. Whether done for psychological compulsion, acting exercise, or to escape capture. Never mind labels. You are who you are. Your name is your only label You will decide what group you will be comfortable associating with.
Last edited by Shannon SteelSlave on 17 Feb 2019, 08:59, edited 2 times in total.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
lj

Post by lj »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I believe cross dressing is the act of a person of a given gender attempting to convince onlookers that they are the opposite gender. Whether done for psychological compulsion, acting exercise, or to escape capture. Never mind labels. You are who you are. Your name is your only label You will decide what group you will be comfortable associating with.
I'd take issue with your definition - I separate cross-dressing from transvestite by saying the cross-dresser wears clothing of the opposite sex for a variety of reasons, whilst a transvestite is trying to appear as the opposite sex.

My play-party dress was, all in black, an underbust corset, stockings, panties, short-sleeve military style blouse, leather miniskirt and 4" heels. No make-up, no wig, just a grey-haired guy in black. Obviously not female, nor did I want to be. I just liked the feel of the clothes, the compression, tension, pressure, softness. I call that cross-dressing. I know another guy who was on this site (since met in real life several times) who did much the same.

On the other hand, I know several men who go to considerable lengths to look female, mostly unsuccessfully as far as really "passing", but two or three who are very successful - these I would call transvestite.

Perhaps interestingly, a couple of these are "transitioning", going the whole way including surgery, so perhaps we should put "transgender" as the next port of call along the spectrum.

Ask the "man in the street" and you will get a different definition - a man wearing heels would be a cross-dresser, gay, pervert and anything else in the range of innacurate terminology!
be a switch, double the fun :-)