Silencing High Heels

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
SlaveGirl

Silencing High Heels

Post by SlaveGirl »

Hi everyone,

I'd like to get high heels and casually wear them around the apartment. But it has a wooden laminate floor and I think the stepping noises will be quite loud and easy to recognize. I'm single and just moved in, so what could I do to eliminate or mask the noise?
Are there special "silent" shoes, or could you glue something under the heels and soles?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
SG
davisev5225

Re: Silencing High Heels

Post by davisev5225 »

The sounds they make are part of the fun! :twisted: :mrgreen:

That said, if you really need to silence the heel, look into sorbothane. You can glue it to the sole of your shoes (and the heel tip), then put some thin neoprene or similar material between it and the floor (since sorbothane is somewhat sticky).

Throw rugs will also do a good job silencing them. ;)
smelt

Post by smelt »

Another easy fix is what is called "servo tape". Its a super-sticky and strong double sided foam tape, used in R/C cars. Any hobby shop would have it, and not think twice about what it was for. A couple pieces of that, and some thin-ish rubber would quiet them down, and it would be sort of removable with nail polish remover to do the final clean-up. Or use the sounds as a fun introduction to everyone living under you. I'm finding the less I care about what people think about what I am doing, the more I realize they never really cared about what I was doing in the first place.
Natale

Post by Natale »

Possibly those small stick-on felt pads to protect floors or furniture might be the answer.
Natale
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Natale wrote:Possibly those small stick-on felt pads to protect floors or furniture might be the answer.
Wouldn't that ve dangerously slippery?
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Natale

Post by Natale »

I've never had the opportunity to try high heels yet, so I can only make calculated guesses. But yes, felt pads would make the heels slippery but not the rest of the soles, so it's a fast and easy solution if it works. Otherwise, thin sections of a wine cork glued to the heels may work.
Natale
occorics

Post by occorics »

There are little rubber caps that you can put on the heels.
Search for "heel protector" in the shoe-care category on amazon...
There are several types with good reviews (haven't tried them myself...)
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
SlaveGirl

Post by SlaveGirl »

Thank you everyone, that is great advise. I'll just "try and error" some of your ideas and give you feedback later.
smelt wrote:Another easy fix is what is called "servo tape". Its a super-sticky and strong double sided foam tape, used in R/C cars. Any hobby shop would have it, and not think twice about what it was for. A couple pieces of that, and some thin-ish rubber would quiet them down, and it would be sort of removable with nail polish remover to do the final clean-up. Or use the sounds as a fun introduction to everyone living under you. I'm finding the less I care about what people think about what I am doing, the more I realize they never really cared about what I was doing in the first place.
Those are very wise words. Most "paranoid" or "self esteem problems" in life can just be discarded if you realize how much people are trapped in their own small first-world problems. Maybe I'll just give it a try. Not in the middle of the night or on silent days, but you have to be begin somewhere. :-)
smelt

Post by smelt »

Yeah, I mean, don't go "outing" yourself if you aren't ready, but it is UNBELIEVABLE how much people DON'T notice. I used to pretend to be making calls when shopping around in the "other" section, looking for a specific item... asking what size? What color? Now, I just go grab what I want to. Would I walk into a dressing room with just a dress? No, probably not ... But, have I gone in, with a pair of faux leather leggings, tucked between a couple other pairs of not-so-obvious girl's jeans? Sure. I probably couldn't count how many times this past year... But with me, something just clicked, and I told myself I didn't care. My Wife seems fine with it, even more so when she has a maid for the day, while she is at work.

But back to your shoe dilemma, if you do end up needing them quiet after all, and go the servo tape, or other double sided tape route, trace your shoe's soles, and cut out the padding material. I would use some solid-ish rubber sheet. Silicone baking cups come to mind, and could probably be found in the dollar store. It wouldn't be slippery at all, unless you spilled baby oil or something on the floor.. (What are you doing, anyway, spilling baby oil on the floor???), and it would be pretty quiet. That idea just came to mind a few minutes ago, so I had to get it posted on here before it flew out the other ear...
Pamelacd

Post by Pamelacd »

As mentioned above, you can get rubber tips especially made for stiletto heels. Some Ballrooms and Dance halls & similar 'posh" venues will insist that women wear them so that their heels do not damage / indent / scratch their polished wood floors. A LADY will not be using her heels when she dances so it is not too much of an imposition.

A hardware store option is the plastic plugs (hollow) for the ends of tube / pipe legs on chairs, shelving units, old console TV legs etc. If you find they slip at all, just contact glue a thin piece of rubber to the plastic plug (likes of from an old inner tube or roofing membrane. I have seen the plastic plugs/caps down to about 3/8 square which will be about 1/4" inside & 10-20c ea +/-
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

smelt wrote:Yeah, I mean, don't go "outing" yourself if you aren't ready, but it is UNBELIEVABLE how much people DON'T notice.
Yep. The trick is to put the item down at the counter like it's the most natural thing in the world. Don't make excuses; you don't need to say anything, just play it completely straight. If you're not furtive about it, it'll seem like you have a perfectly vanilla purpose, are getting it for another person, or whatever.

You always have the "nuclear option" of asking them to get their manager if they do say something snarky. Look like you might, and the snark is pretty unlikely to come....