Tips for shaved legs

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
Oneday

Tips for shaved legs

Post by Oneday »

Well shaved my legs the other day. Done it a few times. Last time I was like 16 they itched bad. But I dry shaved them. This time did it right still have a slight itch. How do I get rid of the itching? Its not bad this time but don't want it at all lol.
bound_jenny

Re: Tips for shaved legs

Post by bound_jenny »

Basically, keep doing it until it doesn't itch anymore. Meanwhile, grin and bear it. Man up!

It's not easy being beautiful. :lol:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

bad news: you really don't.
[
Oneday

Post by Oneday »

That sucks. I don't shave them enough to get them to never itch. Maybe I'll keep then shaved. Depends on how I feel about it and how the misses likes it. Not a big enough dresser to really need to keep them shaved.
gimslyp

Post by gimslyp »

I use hair removal cream. No itching at all - and you can choose if you want it all off or just 90%...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

gimslyp wrote:I use hair removal cream. No itching at all - and you can choose if you want it all off or just 90%...
I stopped using that years ago... If you read the label it's scary. And it's messy. Yuck.

That's when I got my epilator - it just rips the hair out, follicle and all. No stubble to get caught in hosiery. Worth its weight in gold.

But if you're not into a bit of pain (it's amazing what we ladies put up with and some men bawl over it like it's a broken bone... :lol: ), you'd want to stay away from it.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Kitt

Post by Kitt »

Here are a few tips which should hopefully help :)

- I always shave in a warm (not hot) shower when I'm shaving. I find this helps a lot with reduce or removing the after-shaving itching. While I'm a big proponent of doing an initial 'hair purge' using hair removal cream (if you've never shaved before), as Jenny said it's messy and ick and kind of hit and miss.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Plenty of moisturizer when you finish shaving. You need to replace what you're taking out of your skin. Also, some people might not play well with certain moisturizers - find what works for you. If you find that it makes your legs feel WORSE you may need something like aloe vera or seba med (which I swear by), as your skin may be sensitive to fragrances/additives/etc that are in your more average supermarket offerings.
- Always ensure the blade is clean and has ample lubrication ( :oops: ) via the shaving cream. When I shave, I have a little shower bowl that's full of hot water - when I'm doing my legs I regularly dip it in to make sure it's clean.
- I find often that the 'itchy patches' are where I've shaved too close or too vigorously - take a notice of where they are. Do you need to adjust your technique? For me a big issue used to be the bottom of my kneecaps and along my shins. With a more careful, slower, attentive shave they don't itch anymore.
- Moisturize
- Replace your cartridge often. Sure, you go through more razors - but it's better to have a smoother shave and spend a few extra dollars than to deal with the nightmare shave an old cartridge supplies.
- Did I touch on how important moisturizing is?
- You should go moisturize.

:D
Oneday

Post by Oneday »

I use lotion everydav. It seems to only itch when I have jeans on not with my sweat pants. Maybe if I wear pantyhose under my jeans I won't have much itch?
slkdyk

Post by slkdyk »

Those hair removal creams are strong chemicals. Caustic (lye) that dissolves the hair like drain cleaner. If it is strong enough to dissolve hair what is it doing to the skin?

I have used an epilator for several years and if you keep on a regular schedual it is not painful. The first few times and if you wait too long between sessions it is painful but still worth it. IMHO it is the only way to go.

sd
Sorry I couldn't answer the phone, I was tied up at the moment....
the_bondage_guy

Post by the_bondage_guy »

My legs itched after a shave but that is only because my legs were dry and they needed lotion. Over time your legs should get use to the feeling of pants rubbing up against them.