lesson learned (about privacy and computers)

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
TNTBound

lesson learned (about privacy and computers)

Post by TNTBound »

if you have your own computer and you live with your parents, MAKE SURE TO PASSWORD PROTECT IT BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR WORK!

apparently, my dad decided he wanted to order something on ebay, so he must have used MY ebay account on MY computer! :facepalm: :oops: I say MUST have, because I haven't brought it up yet.

thing is, I just ordered an enema kit and an inflatable butt plug with a thru hole, so that was up on my "my ebay" page! :oops:

who knows, maybe he didn't even go to the my ebay page and didn't see them. I'll gauge his reaction when I ask him about the things he bought.

I don't even want to show my face downstairs right now. :roll:
Last edited by Sir Cumference on 07 Mar 2015, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Headline improvement
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
ponylady

Re: lesson learned

Post by ponylady »

have you checked your browser chronic ?

this might give you a hint.
if not you could check your router logs for
further enlightenment.
[
boundsissy

Post by boundsissy »

This is why I have 2 ebay accounts, 1 for cloths (CD) and toys (as you mentioned), and the other for misc. If you open the private account in incognito browser, you will need to log on every time and it will not stay open when you close the window. And it will not show in the history.
Though my problem is kids not parents. See, as a parents we also have secrets from or kids, yours may also. You might be worrying for nothing. If there is a problem you could use the excuse that you friends, as a joke did it :hi:
LOVE TO ALL
lj

Post by lj »

We always vanilla-ise our computers when we get a family visit, even the grandchildren are becoming computer-literate and tablets, in particular, are of interest as they often play games on our daughter's tablet. Fortunately the rest of the time it is just us, so no need to cover our tracks, though I have nearly been caught out by helpfully showing a visitor something of interest on the web, remembering just in time to push Google search page up on screen instead of the last website visited :shock:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I never set my browsers for the last page visited. I have a vanilla "home page" set up that starts up by default. There's a small "hot spot" that links to the naughty "home page" but you have know where it is.

It's a simple matter of choosing caution over convenience. That works with everything, like turning off your lawnmower before checking the blades.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i don't have anything suspicious as a home page. i also made my own ebay account for the very reason of hiding what i buy from them, since he does have his own ebay account. oh well, life goes on. if he did see it, he hasn't said anything , so neither will i.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

I have three user accounts on my pc, one for the fun stuff, that is password protected, one vanilla account for general stuff, always make sure I use this account if I want to show someone something, and a guest account which just happens to be there.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
lj

Post by lj »

Being a computer-barely-literate geriatric, if you have two or three accounts on the start-up page, doesn't that beg the question "what are they all for?" from a nosey person.

I'd have thought you actually need an insignificant"button" on a busy graphics screen to get you to the private area, then to a password to actually enter, rather than a simple choice between two or three accounts boldly shown on the start-up screen.

No doubt there will be someone who knows how ?
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

lj wrote:Being a computer-barely-literate geriatric, if you have two or three accounts on the start-up page, doesn't that beg the question "what are they all for?" from a nosey person.
A simple explanation is this,
"I keep my account with administration rights locked behind a password so other users can not get in and fiddle about with the settings messing up the computer", either that or "mind your own business and **** off", but as bishops shouldn't swear out loud I tend to use the first one.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

lj wrote:Being a computer-barely-literate geriatric, if you have two or three accounts on the start-up page, doesn't that beg the question "what are they all for?" from a nosey person.
if they ask that question tell them to attend a basic computertraining course.

your win-pc should feature admin, backup-admin, user-accounts with restricted rights
& a guestaccount.
[
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

ponylady wrote: if they ask that question tell them to attend a basic computertraining course.

your win-pc should feature admin, backup-admin, user-accounts with restricted rights
& a guestaccount.
I had all those accounts and my computer went crazy, so I took it to a computer repair shop and was told it had multi-personality problems.
IllegalSuch

Re: lesson learned (about privacy and computers)

Post by IllegalSuch »

OMG that is SO embarrassing. i just talked to Master about embarrassing situations with parents finding out the other day. i really can not imagine how awkward that must be. Hahaha just ask him already. It's only going to make you wonder forever! :rofl:
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Just reading through this old thread and I remembered an embarrassing parent situation that happened to me about twenty years ago. Before car MOT's in the UK were computerised if you took your car for its yearly MOT test you had to take the current MOT with you.
I had gone to work and my father was going to take my car to be tested but I hadn't left out the old MOT certificate for him to take. So he phoned me at work and I told him were in my room it was. About half an hour later I remembered that in the cupboard where I had told my father to look was a few copies of the sex magazine Forum. Anyone remember this, it was the usual sort of lads mag full of naked ladies it was a magazine that dealt with the kinkier side of sex, boundage, sm, etc, etc.

I remember feeling distinctly :oops: when I realised and even now I feel :oops: at the thought of it, especially so as I know my father had seen the forums as when I checked later they were out of order.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

My worse technology embarrassment happened about four years ago. My wife and I were on holiday and as a result of me loosing a bet with her I had to pose for a few naked photos. I catch was it would be when she decided. I thought the photos would be taken around the cottage we were staying in, but to my surprise while we were visiting an old castle ruin that was open to the public we suddenly found we had the place to ourselves and my wife decided this was a good place for a photo shoot. So I stripped and she took several photos of me around this castle. Luckily I was dressed again before the next visits appeared. My wife had taken the photos on my phone were there was also all the other holiday snaps.

A couple of days later I was in text conversion with our female friend and she asked about this castle we visited.On the phone was some perfectly normal photos of the castle without me naked in them and I decided to send her one of these photos.

Yes, you have guessed it, I had a :facepalm: moment and sent a photo of the castle but it had me standing naked in it. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I sent an apologetic text with out mentioning the fact I was naked in the photo and my friend claimed she didn't received the photo but I think she was just trying to save my blushes which didn't work as I still feel embarrassed whenever I she he and she mentions something to do with texting photos
mymy42

Post by mymy42 »

While I can understand the idea behind taking pictures, I would always advise to avoid them whenever possible. It requires a strict handling (as when planning SB scenario) to avoid having a picture getting out of control. We have so many cameras, phones, webcam, etc... Which all have different storage, etc... It's so easy to use the phone and say, I'll remove it later and then whoops, someone see it!

And the nastiest thing with pictures/videos, is that even if you transfer them on a "safe" location, you are never quite sure that it may re-appear years later...

I stick myself to the rule of "don't" and if I had taken one time a picture with a camera, I removed it right after my session. I couldn't have imagined the moment were my girlfriend would have said "I go out with some friends, where is the camera? On the desk! Oh ok, bye" and then realize what would follow...

Unless you fully assume your kinks and wants to share them of course...