Need a decent tablet

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Need a decent tablet

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

ncait wrote:Good point Jenny!! I will be sure to include my evil laugh next time!

I'm not a megalomaniac. I'm just ambitious
Dr. Evil.jpg
Dr. Evil.jpg (6.34 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Another evil Chrome Dome (for some reason, my Mom had a soft spot for him :? ):
Destro.jpg
An even longer trip back in the time machine:
TheHood.jpg
:mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ncait

Post by ncait »

So many role models for me!!! Mwahaha
And with the click of the lock, she knew she had found true freedom.
Shannon SteelSlave

excellent.jpg
excellent.jpg (13.61 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Going a little off topic here, (even though it also helps get me some private time at work) does anyone else think that acting really annoyed at work makes people think you a re working hard? Just doing little gestures more aggressively than usual, or making faces at your computer screen?
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

OK, so I need to undo my own hijiacking of my own thread, and ask the community, how do your recommendations stack up against an Apple iPad mini. As best I see, it lost support 3 years ago, my Mom has 2 of them she is not using, and the lipo batteries are probably nill. I think what my question is, would it be a good idea to try one of these iPads and compare to what performance I might expect from a newer model recommended earlier here? What should I offer for $$ for an obsolete machine? TIYA, Shan'
👠👠
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

I use an iPad Pro. Not the best from a thrifty side but what I wanted to express is whatever tablet you get, add it to your data plan. It's worth it. You do not want to be surfing the company WiFi to places, like... Here. Just saying.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:OK, so I need to undo my own hijiacking of my own thread, and ask the community, how do your recommendations stack up against an Apple iPad mini. As best I see, it lost support 3 years ago, my Mom has 2 of them she is not using, and the lipo batteries are probably nill. I think what my question is, would it be a good idea to try one of these iPads and compare to what performance I might expect from a newer model recommended earlier here? What should I offer for $$ for an obsolete machine? TIYA, Shan'
Apple products are not really my thing, I don't like the UI, but some people love them. If it's an original iPad mini (not a gen 2 or later, which are still in support) it'll run up to iOS version 9.
While a lot of Apple hardware has some pretty brain-dead design mistakes, I have got to admit the quality of their batteries (Li-Ion not LiPo btw) are usually top notch, and they last a long time. If the battery has too little capacity left to be useful there are probably still companies that can replace it (or do it yourself, but the process is not for the faint of heart. Check your model number to make sure you have the right model btw, I linked the CDMA version, the GSM or WiFi versions are ever so slightly different)

As for what to offer for such a thing, that's always a difficult question. It's a bit of a "whatever someone will offer". On Ebay they seem to range from about $40 to $100 depending on condition ($100 dollars seems to be for refurbished "as new" models, 40 is for visibly used models), anywhere in that range seems to be fair.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*