Stress....

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
sweh

Stress....

Post by sweh »

Well, that's some stress reduction...

6 years ago I had a melanoma. It was "high risk" and I needed lymph node checks. In last week's followup skin check the dermatologist didn't like a spot on my leg (I have a _lot_ of freckles; there's a lot of spots) and cut it out.

Biopsy result today: benign. No cancer

At the same time my PSA levels jumped a lot (I've mentioned that before, and joked that chastity devices restricting masturbation may be a medical device 'cos ejaculation raises PSA). Now I have a large prostate, but the urologist was concerned about the rapid increase. He wanted to biopsy, but I managed to get him to agree to an MRI instead. That was a month ago...

Results of the MRI just came in (30 minutes before the skin biopsy). All clear. No cancer!

And because I've turned 50 they wanted me to have a colonoscopy.

They found 1 small polyp that is pre-cancerous, but not a cancer (40% chance of things like this becoming cancer in 10 years). So another colonoscopy in 3 years

So in the past month I've had 3 sets of tests for 3 different cancers.

But they were all "no cancer" results.

I hate this shit. Because of my melanoma size and risk, I get really really stressed out when there's a possibility of a new cancer. 3 in one month. *graagh!*

(The melamoma, itself, was easy; surgery, and done. The fear it leaves behind...).

I really should create a Will. But that's facing my mortality.

I'm not afraid of death, of what comes after (nothing). I'm afraid of dying. And I'm really afraid of a lingering cancer-ridden painful death.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Stress....

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Hey....Sweh....I'm sorry to hear about past health. I hope that early detection is a preventative step, rather than something waiting to happen.
Writing a will....I totally get it. Feels like admitting defeat, when it's your idea, and not the advice of an attorney.
Hope all goes well in 3 years and in general for the meantime. Shannon salutes your bravery :hi:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

As someone who was gone through a lot in the last few years, I get what you're feeling.

Back in 2015, I had surgery to remove a benign (non-cancerous) but life-threatening tumour called a craniopharyngioma. That damned thing nearly put me out for good. I've been closely followed since then and so far, I have a lot of smiling doctors every time I see them. I was damn lucky to have a great neurosurgeon and a fantastic radiation therapy team to put that craniothingie out of commission permanently. :whip:

But... or butt... I had a colonoscopy (butt plug camera) a few months ago too. To my great relief, nothing. I'm still a bit worried about my family history of cancer - both my parents died of it - but I didn't do what they did to get there, i.e. smoke.

Doctors tend to err on the side of caution, so don't be surprised that they concoct new tests for you every once in a while, especially when one's odometer is over the 50 mark.

The 2015 close call prompted me to make my will. When one starts getting along in age, it's always a good idea to get your affairs in order just in case. If one dies intestate (meaning without a will, not without testes...), it's the government that steps in and divvies everything up according to their rules - which is usually a long and messy process because government blokes don't know any other way. :roll:

So get that important piece of paper done, and you can rest assured that nothing will be left to chance or worse, to bureaucrats. :shock:

Be well,

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

bound_jenny wrote: I have a lot of smiling doctors every time I see them.
Sorry to interrupt, what do you mean? I hope it means that you are well.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Everyone should have a will. It is not admitting defeat, it is recognizing that shit happens which we have no control over, and planning ahead in case it does. Do you really want the government to decide what to do with your assets if some drunken idiot hits you head on while driving? The government will decide to take a very large chunk of your estate if you don't have a will. Those greedy bastards don't deserve one cent of it. Make a will and protect what's yours.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Shannon SteelSlave

Thanx for the great advice, CD, as always. Stephen, Get well, stay well, be well.
Last edited by Shannon SteelSlave on 08 Aug 2019, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
bound_jenny wrote: I have a lot of smiling doctors every time I see them.
Sorry to interrupt, what do you mean? I hope it means that you are well.
If a doctor is smiling, it means that everything is OK. :D

If they do a "face d'enterrement" (funeral face), then it's time to worry.

No funeral faces yet. 8)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!