Age Poll

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.

How Old Are You?

18 - 25 years old
42%
26 - 30 years old
12%
31 - 35 years old
8%
36 - 40 years old
8%
41 - 45 years old
7%
46 - 50 years old
6%
51 - 55 years old
6%
56 - 60 years old
3%
61 - 65 years old
3%
65 + years old
4%

Total votes: 524

bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

SouthBoundBelle wrote:I'm wondering if we might cause an increased incidence of cardiac arrest if this experiment were to actually take place.
Now that would be a result, though not on the subjects of the experiment proper. :mrgreen:

Better keep a defibrillator handy... :lol:

I wouldn't be too quick to draw conclusions about what skewed the poll results. A lot more people have computer savvy than one would expect, especially among the older generation.

I'd say that the drop may be due to people getting more distractions as they cross that threshold into full adulthood. One of these could be finding a "vanilla" life partner, not interested in any sort of kinkiness in their sex lives. Also, there could be a job taking up time and energy, or some other new social engagements. The 20-25 age range is when a lot of things change for everyone.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

SouthBoundBelle wrote:
I'm wondering if we might cause an increased incidence of cardiac arrest if this experiment were to actually take place. :lol:
I'm willing to risk it!! :lol:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

you know what is really funny
:?: :?: :?: :?:

even though almost 50% of the voters say 18-25, almost all the replies in this thread are from the 35up crowd.
:!: :!: :!:

southboundbelle wrote: I quite enjoy being a "career perv"!
this is the quote of the month.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ponylady wrote:you know what is really funny
:?: :?: :?: :?:

even though almost 50% of the voters say 18-25, almost all the replies in this thread are from the 35up crowd.
:!: :!: :!:
That is interesting indeed.
ponylady wrote:
southboundbelle wrote:I quite enjoy being a "career perv"!
this is the quote of the month.
I second that! :wink: :lol:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
SirWet

Post by SirWet »

iam 21 2day :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lol started when a was about 16 :)
a good release is needed
Kinkytina

Post by Kinkytina »

I responded to this poll early on, I am the 1% person, 66 years old. My intrest in bondage started when I was about 12 years old and has stayed with me ever since. The desire to be properly bound and gagged has been with me for over 54 years and is still strong, I still try to enjoy a little " quiet time " every weekend. Age has nothing to do with it. My wife ( 56 years old ) has become quite expert in binding and gagging and doesn't wait to be asked to tie me up. She will walk in, hand me a gag and tell me to put it on, and then the fun begins.
merisguy

Re: Age Poll

Post by merisguy »

I'm 60+ and feel much younger.

Because of circumstances I had to give sb a break, but am slowly get into it again.
I find it very erotic. The frustrating part is that I thought I could take up where I left off, but it's not that easy to relearn the knots and the techniques. Thank goodness for Boundanna. I'm hoping to have 3-4 weeks of private time a little ways down the road, and then I hope to get adventurous again. :D
mysecretsecrets

Post by mysecretsecrets »

I'm in my 40's and have been doing this since age 11 or 12. It hasn't been until recently that I've become more comfortable with my feelings. Guilt and shame were a major player in most of my SB adventures (afterwards).

I am married and my wife is trying to understand my desires. She is trying, but she's old skool and really doesn't know what to think. Got to give her kudos for trying though.

Now that I look at things a bit differently, I'm discovering more about myself (more fetishes) and more I'd like to try. Haven't told her absolutely everthing, but for the most part, have told her about 90%.

BTW, thanks to everyone for making me comfy here.
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

poll suggests a lot less 30+ than i would have guessed. 23 myself *shrug* but i still see lots of middle aged people photos on the internet. guess they do not use this forum lol.
mysecretsecrets wrote:I am married and my wife is trying to understand my desires. She is trying, but she's old skool and really doesn't know what to think. Got to give her kudos for trying though.
probably why i am so good at being single lol. i'd have to meet a girl through places like this before winning.
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

21 since july mahself :) but i started much earlier, i started when i was 14 :shock: i was a disturbing child.
now im just a disturbing adult :twisted:
adriantheangel

Post by adriantheangel »

old enough to know that most of us probably start bondage reasonably young - and the urge never really goes away.
hetmandf

Post by hetmandf »

50 myself. I agree with the only as old as you feel idea. Although I admit I feel older on occasions (too often these days). But I some times act like I'm still 21 and indestructible. That is probably why I feel older some times
I may be crazy, But I'm not insane
SBadiction

Post by SBadiction »

I'm 55 and still enjoying self bondage! Have to watch out I don't get cramp though.
Happily married (but always ready to flirt), wife not into anything kinky so it's self-bondage when I can.
handigeman

Post by handigeman »

When I was like 18 I would read but was far to insecure to post...

However, most folks on the internets are probably <30 in age.

I'm 30 btw.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

handigeman wrote:However, most folks on the internets are probably <30 in age.

Bullshit
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.