I speak now the ancient word of redemption & regret...Rewind

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Shannon SteelSlave

I speak now the ancient word of redemption & regret...Rewind

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

This is a response to a recent thread I have chosen not to post on, only because I think there were some good points made, and I feel that my response may spoil that, plus I don't want it to popularize me. I certainly did not disappear to get anyone's attention. The members concerned know who they are and are welcome to PM or respond to me here.

As alexbound, I was giving the forum a try. I started to get more serious and began more posting. My habits had been criticized, and I decided I was not going to have or make time to deal with it, or apologize, and without feeling the freedom to post as I wished, I felt there was no point having an account. I walked away, but did not rat anyone out. Deleting my posts was what I believed a favor to the forum, picking up trash. I wrote 1 final email to someone to explain, call it a "forum suicide note", explaining that no one was outwardly rude to me, but refused to play the game. I thought of forum life as a "Jealousy Contest" at that point, as opposed to a Popularity Contest.

I was browsing the forum 2 months later as a guest, and ran into a post I was sure was about me. I felt the need to offer closure to that person. I also wanted to see if I could get an answer to a difficult question. I would need an account to do these things, so Shannon SteelSlave was created. After some posting (These posts had high minded goals, in case I wanted to stay) to establish the respect to help get my question answered, my question was answered (there was no way to properly answer it) and I felt I had no more purpose. Shannon SteelSlave was too, here on a trial basis, all I could promise that member who had posted about me that originally brought me back. Failing to understand my value to the forum and believing no one would care, Shannon SteelSlave committed forum suicide as well.

Something felt wrong. Concerned for the member who cared for me in the past, I browsed again, as a guest. I happened upon a new name posting to my (old) New Member Introduction page. It was like attending my own funeral. Then I found the thread in question. It was not the desire to answer anyone's questions, but rather, the concern expressed by the members who posted to it, that caused me to re-examine my thinking. A day of soul searching made me realize that I was walking away from great friends, a worrier, and my own potential. With some help, I was able to recover a new password, restore my posts by hand, and think of how to resume my standing.

There you have it. Just a misunderstanding. I was never hurt or bullied by anyone. I want to be friends with everyone I can, especially those who posted to the thread mentioned, even if you think you did hurt me. I am not that sensitive.

I have been accused of "resurrecting" things. You all have no idea how true that is. Rebuilding, restoring things no one else would in real life. I believe it is never too late for anything. But rather than thinking of my return as a resurrection, I propose that we REWIND. My posts, avatar, profile and friends list are where they were before this mess. The only difference is that I have the knowledge from that experience. (Sort of a "Butterfly Effect" kind of way) I am not asking for everyone to induce amnesia, but rather, to take any lessons that could be had from this, move on, and act toward me as if I never left.

For the future, you can certainly expect some unique behavior, but always, for the greater good. I plan to be part of the unofficial welcoming committee, help people find safer ways to do the dangerous things they feel compelled to do, contribute to DIY, offer some reviews so you all may be able to purchase items with confidence, support "orphaned" threads (threads with no replies) so that when the poster returns they will feel welcome to talk to us and contribute, and, on occasion, I will chime in on classic threads that I find still interesting and may benefit from my input. I am not here to build a large post count, and my posting habits are not random. I post so that others may view and reply, that goes for any topic. I am not posting to threads that call for a reply from someone who has likely abandoned their account. Quality is the priority, not quantity.

There is one member who cared for and supported me through all of this. Without that member, I would have left, never to return last year. Through their hard work, their encouraging me to work to REWIND, I hope everyone's wish has been granted. Now, I invite that member to take a bow, if they so desire, for all to witness.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Re: I speak now the ancient word of redemption & regret...Re

Post by bound_jenny »

:hi:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Welcome back. :)

I have definitely mentioned about resurrecting old posts, and I'd like to share my point of view so you may learn from it. To see someone elses perspective if you will.

First of all, I understand your vision now that you explained it, so it is only fair to share mine.

I have administrated many forums. In fact, this forum is one of the few places I don't administrate. Usually after a while I join the staff and sometimes at some point with mutual consent, I'm asked to take over.

One of the things I've learned, is that many people (and I mean many many), really don't like it when a post that has not been active for years gets a reply. The reason is that most people do not have a really good memory that goes back years. So when a topic is resurrected, they tend to scroll back to the top to read it all. If the reaction given on such topic really adds to the topic, it usually doesn't matter. This is usually when an unanswered topic finally gets an answer. A "me too" response is often found to be acceptable because that would help others see that a problem still exists today. Just sharing sympathy in a topic often feels a waste of time to people. If it happens once, it is not too bad though, but if it happens a lot, those that I asked about it feel like reading the forum becomes a day job where they just don't have that much time.

For me personally I have to admit that in the past it was not so much of an issue, because back then I had a lot more time. Today however, I totally understand that point of view as my time has been limited.

When I browse a forum, call it autism if you will, I want to read everything there is new. I am very happy there is this link on the homepage that says: "View new posts since your last visit". I always click that link to see all new posts. The longer that list is, the more time it is going to take for me to catch up, and honestly, there are some topics here on the forum that do not interest me. I'm not interested at all in crossdressing for example, and although I like fictional stories, unfortunately they are too long for me as well. Whatever remains, I try to read all, but if there are still a lot of topics, I often click the topic open just so my browser knows I've seen it and the list goes down in size.

There is the Mark all as read button, but then I fear I am missing something that may have been important for me.

You see, resurrecting lots of old topics, even if you mean well, causes me to have less time for the forum.

I won't ask you to stop doing that, because it is not forbidden by the rules by any means, but if you feel like helping me out here, you may consider not resurrecting that many posts in a short while.

Anyway, welcome back. :)
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Oh, did you leave, I hadn't noticed (or so I will maintain on pain of whipping :whip: :mrgreen: )
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Gregovic wrote:on pain of whipping :whip: :mrgreen:
That can be arranged... :whip: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jenny.
Shannon SteelSlave

Gregovic doesn't know anything, nothing to know. Gregovic is innocent of any wrong doing to alexbound. The words Gregovic is feeling guilty about were taken only as advice/constructive criticism. Nevertheless, Gregovic has expressed empathy and apology for suspected hostile posts in Private Message.
If anyone else would care to offer an opinion on this matter concerning the recent thread about my leaving the forum, you may do so without reprisal here. However, if your words are not forum friendly, please PM to me. Nothing will be reported, I promise. (Never have, don't even know how)
I can not promise any attempts at behavior modification will be heeded, but I believe my words in the initial post should offer some relief of some concerns you all may have.
Thank you all for all of the support you are showing to me.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I meant it in a... hobby,, sense. :wink:

Whipping can be for fun. : :whip: :twisted:

Best kind of whipping. Especially when holding the blunt end. 8)

Jenny.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

bound_jenny wrote:...
Especially when holding the blunt end.
Sorry, Jenny, but you're wrong here... :gag: :whip: :love: :mrgreen:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Shannon SteelSlave

Well, I guess no one has anything to say, they will all just be coming here to falsely confess in the hopes of a punishment for a crime no one committed. I can then assume everyone is at peace with this thread's original intention. Have fun, and see you all around. Be excellent to each other. Love,
The fuel injected suicide machine, laying down the rubber road, ridin' it to freeeedom!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Well, I guess no one has anything to say, they will all just be coming here to falsely confess in the hopes of a punishment for a crime no one committed. I can then assume everyone is at peace with this thread's original intention. Have fun, and see you all around. Be excellent to each other. Love,
The fuel injected suicide machine, laying down the rubber road, ridin' it to freeeedom!
Believe me, they're lining up at the door wanting a good whipping for any excuse... :rofl:

We understand you better now, your psyche, your thoughts, dreams, wishes... Be true to yourself, and just keep doing what you're doing right now, here at Bound Anna. Bring cheer and good times, experience, advice, questions, answers, and let the good times roll. We need more people like you, doing what you do best.

See you in the threads! 8)

Jenny.
Shannon SteelSlave

For the Night Rider! "Think of him....when you look up at the night sky."
Mad Max references. Hey, we're all about the fun here.

alexbound December 2, 2018 - December 11, 2018, July 30, 2023 - ? ..............Shannon SteelSlave February 3, 2019 - ?
👠👠