forum burnout

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
lj

forum burnout

Post by lj »

Just noticed a new member, posting prolifically since arriving, has just disappeared, de-registered, gone.

This isn't the first time, though thankfully it doesn't happen very often.

So I ask why ? Is it something that we have done ? Something we have not done ? Something someone has done ? Is the forum not welcoming ?

or might it be frustration at not getting the response desired, or simply boredom

any thoughts ?
be a switch, double the fun :-)
sweh

Re: forum burnout

Post by sweh »

Given the nature of WIITWD, it's possible the poster got cold feet (literally, in those steel shoes!) about being this far "out", and changed their mind...
thatthat21

Post by thatthat21 »

I saw the person talking all over the place, and it seemed like they were hitting topics all over the place, some old and some new. There were replies so I would not think it was because of the responses, but not sure if they were getting any private messages as well.

With how many post and in different parts of the site, I would all most say it was a form of burnout, but a self inflicted burnout. I am on the site all most once every day to see what is going on and if there is anything that jumps out at me. But posting and keeping up with so many topics would burn me out, but I am an introvert so yeah more alone time is all ways better.

Just my .02 on it
Natale

Post by Natale »

Odd that it was the second one in a fairly short time. I can understand burnout caused by being overwhelmed with following too many posts, but why delete and de-register? Just slow down and lurk for awhile then.

From what I saw, the responses seemed polite and reasonable. If it was something we said, it's not obvious unless it was in a private message. Or it could be a case of NSFW and they were caught.
Natale
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I have no idea, I had noticed it too. Very strange. I don't see anything we did wrong tbh... I hope this member changes his/her mind and comes back, or at least lets us know what happened.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Gregovic wrote:I have no idea, I had noticed it too. Very strange. I don't see anything we did wrong tbh... I hope this member changes his/her mind and comes back, or at least lets us know what happened.
Same here.
But I must say that lately I too had the impression that the tone of the forum changed (rougher at times, less caring at others, sometimes even quite snarky). I can't really pinpoint it though, except for one specific post which I'll not quote here. At least one mod knows exactly what I mean, though.

Maybe that is part of the reason, maybe it's just a random occurance that two members have quit in such a short time.
Whatever it was, I think we all should do our best to avoid a third instance!

Just my 2ct,
kind regards

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I noticed quite quickly that the behavior of the recent departee was very much like that of the previous one. I suspected they were one and the same person. The method in which they both left seems to be identical also, leading me to believe it WAS the same person. The first time it was because someone publicly commented about the frequency and nature of their posts. Not sure why they left this time, unless someone criticized them in a PM which we wouldn't see.

I also have to agree that the tone has changed a bit here, but I suppose that is to be expected over time, as people come and go. I'm another who tends to check in daily, sometimes more than once a day, but don't tend to comment as much anymore, unless something strikes me just right. I guess over time, some things feel like they have been discussed enough I don't need to add anything. For the most part though, this is still a great forum, with many fun and knowledgeable folks. We have our dedicated mods for helping to keep it that way, and we all owe them a big THANK YOU!
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

cdinbonds wrote:I noticed quite quickly that the behavior of the recent departee was very much like that of the previous one. I suspected they were one and the same person. The method in which they both left seems to be identical also, leading me to believe it WAS the same person. The first time it was because someone publicly commented about the frequency and nature of their posts. Not sure why they left this time, unless someone criticized them in a PM which we wouldn't see.

I also have to agree that the tone has changed a bit here, but I suppose that is to be expected over time, as people come and go. I'm another who tends to check in daily, sometimes more than once a day, but don't tend to comment as much anymore, unless something strikes me just right. I guess over time, some things feel like they have been discussed enough I don't need to add anything. For the most part though, this is still a great forum, with many fun and knowledgeable folks. We have our dedicated mods for helping to keep it that way, and we all owe them a big THANK YOU!
They were similar, but I don't think they were the same person.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Pretty much sounds like it actually was the very same person. I have administrated quite a few communities and I can tell, this kind of leaving a forum usually don't happen. Most of the time, when someone leaves, they ask a staffmember to delete their posts and remove them, or just don't return.

In this case, the user edited their own posts and replaced it with a dot. In addition the user posted on old and new posts, was very active and their posts were very similarly worded. I am not an administrator, so I cannot check their IP addresses to see if they are the same, but other than that, this seems to be the same person.

I know that one of my comments may have made them feel unwelcome so I have been careful not to make that mistake again, and refrained from posting if I just didn't feel like it, so it seems like this user may have a personal issue that makes it so they just got scared.

If I had to guess, they are feared someone may find out they are on this forum and they thought it would be best to edit all posts and alter it by a . rather than asking a mod to remove them and their posts.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

its really sad to see a person that active on the forum delete everything they ever said and then delete their account. i dont see why it would be an issue for their workplace, unless they were posting here from a computer AT work. i could also see if they were on their phone on the forum and got caught, but for someone to randomly put 2+2 together and connect their account here with their actual identity is a stretch. and if that did happen, i dont see why it would be an issue anyways! so we're perv's and we like to be tied up or are into pain or hampsters, plungers, whips, cross dressing, big deal. we do it on our own time privately.

i dont really post to often unless its something i think i can add to what has already been said about that particular subject, but i always visit nearly everyday to see what kinky new ideas might pop up on here! :wink:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Well, well, well... the speculations do run rampant... :roll:

It was the same person, giving a second try after my rant the first time around.

I didn't notice anything either, it was going on quite well, very cheery, bringing some nice atmosphere and just about ready to make contributions. He even asked me if I would review a post before he put it up on the board. I accepted. I waited for the PM. And waited... And now this... :facepalm:

Now if there were some PM exchanges behind the scenes that caused this new departure, well... if you want to know what I think... re-read my previous rant on the matter (to which I add, congratulations, whoever you are, you're 2 and 0... :roll: ).

Now I'm even angrier. Someone has messed with the wrong Marine. And it's not the one who was pushed away again.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

It's a shame this happened. I really thought we had some enjoyable conversations going. :cry:
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

bound_jenny wrote:Well, well, well... the speculations do run rampant... :roll:

It was the same person, giving a second try after my rant the first time around.

I didn't notice anything either, it was going on quite well, very cheery, bringing some nice atmosphere and just about ready to make contributions. He even asked me if I would review a post before he put it up on the board. I accepted. I waited for the PM. And waited... And now this... :facepalm:

Now if there were some PM exchanges behind the scenes that caused this new departure, well... if you want to know what I think... re-read my previous rant on the matter (to which I add, congratulations, whoever you are, you're 2 and 0... :roll: ).

Now I'm even angrier. Someone has messed with the wrong Marine. And it's not the one who was pushed away again.

Jenny.
Well, i can (or tend to) to be blunt (or snarky) when trying to make a point.
Add to that, that my monty phyton attemps at humor may well not be received as funny
By other members, i'm sure i'm innocent this time around.

Maybe we should just accept that this person tends to "erratic" behavior ?
[
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Maybe we should let this lie and cease to speculate on why or how this all happened.

I'm working on it. That's all I need to say.

Those who are innocent shouldn't worry.

Those who aren't, well... maybe it's time for all of us to change our ways a little and be more open, compassionate, and understanding. I'm not the only one who has observed a trend to become more sharp-edged in our exchanges. I thank and commend all those who PMed their support to me in this situation.

Bound Anna is no place for knife-wielders.

But whips are fine. :whip: :hi:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

And if you notice forum members being nasty to newcomers (or oldies for that case), then please use the report button.

We may be perverts, but we are nice perverts!

(Funny, my spell checker does not recognize “perverts”.... Good thing that I have no problem doing so)
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~