Spanker Machine

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
KinkInSpace

Spanker Machine

Post by KinkInSpace »

Does anyone have any experience with the Spanker Machine?

It is supposedly a cheap spanking machine of slightly more than 100EUR/USD, excluding shipping costs that should be able to be painful if you want it to be. It is lightweight and portable.

Looks promising, but I'm wondering if people have any experience with this one.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Blacky

Re: Spanker Machine

Post by Blacky »

First off: I don't have any experience with that machine at all.

BUT: Judging by the videos they have on the site you linked that thing (to me) doesn't seem to be all that well designed.

It seems to hit pretty much exactly the same spot over and over again (see video on the right hand side), thereby causing rather heavy bruises in a very small area. Well, that might be just what you're after,

BUT

if you use that machine in SB-context there'll be absolutely no inherent safety measure if any of your impact-toys breaks under the load (again see right hand side video @ approx. 1:05 and following).
I would certainly not want to be spanked with anything that broke a few strokes before leaving sharp edges to rip my skin.
(Again that might be just what you're looking for. Not my kink, though :wink: )

I know that all this is just my opinion, not experience, but maybe it is of somne help anyways.

Kind regards,

Blacky :hi:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
occorics

Post by occorics »

Yes, i have one... it's ok with short lightweight implements, but anything long or heavy will not be accelerated enough.
I found that a small looped cane or a wooden ruler worked best. But for me, it isn't strong enough. I get used to it after a couple of strokes...
The speed is fixed, a little less than one stroke per second. To deliver single strokes, i had hooked it up to a LAN controlled power-strip and had a script that turned it on and off again after 1.1 seconds. I have used it for online control and also with some sessions from sexscripts.
Another issue is the mount. It is a bit wobbly and that also reduces the impact strength. For that reason i had it attached to a wooden frame that i could mount to a spanking-bench.

So, for an ass spanking it's only mediocre, unless you have a low pain threshold. But i see potential for spanking more sensitive body-parts. Lady Helena has used it once on my balls and that really got my attention, even on a low setting...
spanking_bench.jpg
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Thanks for your replies. Yes, that was what I was afraid of, so glad I asked before letting my kink get the best of me and get something I'd regret later.

I don't mind the bruises part though, that is actually I want. My current problem is that I just can't spank myself hard enough or consistent enough to get some after effects. I have an old VGA cable looped twice that if I swing it hard, I may get the lash marks I want and the pain and bruises can happen too, but I can just as easily strike a different body part. So far I have done sessions with 32 strokes almost as hard as I can do which is painful and does give me some lash marks, but the bruises were very minimal. I did like the feeling of those bruises though. Quite a bit more than I thought I would, which is why I started a search for a spanking machine.

Mostly because I want a safer way to inflict this kind of pain (make sure the target is hit consistently) and the ability to just put it on and move my ass in order to get more than one short spot spanked. I do not need to be tied up for the spanking though, so that safety regard is not a problem. But I do fear that this one is not going to be painful enough. If I use something like a ruler, paddle, belt, I can use all my force to hit my bottom and I feel it, but doesn't hurt enough. Pretty sure the spanker will not do a better result. So I do need to make it possible to hit me with something like a cane for better results.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
lj

Post by lj »

It's actually quite a difficult design exercise to make a mechanical spanking machine unless you have a big budget and some good engineering facilities.

There are several problems to solve.

The difficult one is to propel the implement fast enough to give a maximum pain level that suits the recipient, and the type of implement determines the force needed. A thin whippy rod is probably the easiest, being light it requires less energy to accelerate it in the relatively short arc available - less than 270 degrees, and with a small diameter will give a good sting. Materials like Delrin are good, or a good quality cane (NOT bamboo, it splinters into sharp edges and fibres) A paddle would have a much greater weicght and air resistance, so would need even more power.

The implement has to be returned to its starting point, ready for another strike. This requires much less energy, ideally to a definite stopping point, a magnet can be a good "parking" method.

You need some form of control system, easy enough to do if you can code something like an Arduino, to start and stop the sequence, perhaps randomise the number and timing of strokes, and if required, provide a locking method to prevent escape from the beating.

I did make such a machine a few years ago, at least to the working prototype stage. The cane was rotated by a fairly powerful 12volt motor, with Hall Effect sensors to sense postion and power FETs to switch the power at maximum for the strike, and reverse at low power for the return, this was controlled by a microprocessor giving a random number of strokes with random gaps between each strike, a magnetic lock used to secure the restraints and timers to ensure completion of the session. Just to add to the suspense, a beeper sounded just before the strike, giving anticipation of what was to come.

The main problem was the motor, I had to resort to some big capacitors to allow a high starting current, plus run it from 24 volts. I have heard there are some stepper motors with very high torque, which would be ideal as they have a wide controllability but also a high price!

I came to the conclusion that although my machine worked, it was a lot easier and more exciting to get a nice(nasty?) Domme to do it instead...
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Years ago when I was about nineteen I experiment with a homemade self spanker using a metre long flexible ruler to which I attached a round piece of wood about four inches round to make a paddle. That was attached to a bench end, It had a powerful spring mounted between it and the bench side and was pulled back with a rope through a pulley and secured in front of me as I was bent over at the bench end, arse directly in line with the paddle. When cut the rope is cut the ruler is released to deliver a powerful lack.
It was a one whack affair and I'm glad it was. Being young and stupid I decided the only way to test the force of the whack was to actually try it on my bare arse.

When I had the place to myself I went into the shed to play with my new toy for the first time. I stripped off naked and pulled the ruler as far back as it would go without breaking and secured the rope. I positioned myself so the paddle would strike me squarely on one buttock. The idea was to retention after one blow and then strike my other buttock and so on. As it turned out one whack was enough for me.I had made it far to powerful. Certainly to powerful for someone who had never taken a spanking before.

I had planned to cut the rope with a knife but I found an old cut-throat razor which was much sharper and would cut through the rope quicker and it did. When in the position I barely touched the rope with the razor and the paddle was released.

I'm not one for using a lot of swear words but I think some pasted my lips that day because it B****ly hurt. The blow was so strong it knocked me over and it took me some time to recover enough to get on my feet and inspect the damage. To the device the damage was a broken ruler, too my arse the damage was a massive red patch that was rapidly turning blue.

I went into the house and laid face down on my bed with a pack of frozen peas across my buttock. I had the bruise for four weeks and took some explaining when my girlfriend saw it. Luckily it was winter time and I claimed I slipped on the ice and landed flat on the concrete, something she found very amusing.

My bruised backside led to some embarrassment over the following weeks as while at my girlfriends mothers house I winced when I sat down and her mother asked if I was alright too which my girlfriend told her of my supposed fall on the ice and after some egging on from them both I had to drop my jeans and show my girlfriends mother my bruised backside, Very embarrassing especially when she rubbed it then went and fetched me a soft cushion to sit on.

My girlfriend took to poking me in the arse when she felt like it and once while having sex she grabbed my bruised buttock and squeezed it hard which actually had an effect of making me cum hard in her.

Neither her or her mother offered to add their own marks to my buttocks and I was too shy to ask but that didn't stop me wanking over the fantasy of them doing so for weeks to come. They did subject me to some joky teasing for weeks afterwards. So the experiment had some positive effects after all. The powerful whack to my rear hurt like hell and wasn't much of a turn on back then but the after effects certainly were.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.